Rudd to allow universities to force students to pay union "fees" (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
omg go2bed
But I think so. It's just an observation of mine that there's really not a lot of interracial fraternity, save the odd commerce geek who's landed himself an oriental gold digger. I think that greater alienation of all varieties is the logical consequence of removing this tool. It's forcing us to play government with the uni, and that's nice

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
no. pretty sure uni was filled with asians in comp labs and islamic study areas. if anything, USU just means the islamic study area gets some new carpet and air conditioning.

are you saying the only reason u didnt interact with those asians the other day, is because you dont have to pay feez?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Didn't we have this debate three years ago?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
katie tully said:
no. pretty sure uni was filled with asians in comp labs and islamic study areas. if anything, USU just means the islamic study area gets some new carpet and air conditioning.

are you saying the only reason u didnt interact with those asians the other day, is because you dont have to pay feez?
I reckon that if they had a finacial incentive to join one of my groups (and we all know how tight they are with money), then sure! I guess they would horde together less, speak English more etc. This is good for everyone! Not least my shoddy computer labs. This is no silver bullet, obviously, but I do see it as a healthy shot in the arm, an incentive to have more universal attitudeds towards the university
And it's hardly much money - just the right amount to have an interest in what it goes on, imo

banco55

HSC
Iron said:
I dont know about other unis, but I think that ANU is pretty well segregated atm. Asian computer labs, muslim study areas, etc. Without this proposal, there is chance of ethnic tensions which arent Australian
Serious, i'm so on board
Sorz for ever doubting u Rudd
You're kidding yourself if you think that will change due to the imposition of this new charge In fact it may make things worse. In olden times the union fees were partly used to fund ethnic student groups etc. in the name of multiculturalism. The only thing that I've seen work in breaking down the barriers etc. is where residential colleges aggressively throw together people from different backgrounds and basically force them to interact.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Like I said, it's not a silver bullet, but it's heading in the right direction. If you dont want your $ wittled away on ethnics in a leftist agenda, then Get Up, just Get up. When the left knock you down, Get Up and rush them -knock them a right hook. See how it draws you into the system?
Student politics is toothless without this tax, and like I said, it's kids government, which is fun

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
You have so far asserted (without evidence):
1. That the Liberal party would have repealed VSU.
2. That the Liberal party have done nothing to benefit the working class.
3. That the $600 not paid in student union fees goes "straight back into the mouths of the liberals (sic)".

Can you please provide evidence for these points, and clarify what the last one even means?
1.What?
2. as always they tend to focus on the business side in comparison to that of labour who focus on the working class, moreso.
3. i never said that dickhead. read back... go on.

stop trying to argue and misconstrude what i say *full Stop* end of conversation.

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
Riet said:
I went to a GPS school. I disagree with this. What's your point Leo 100?
i wasnt bagging them out.
without a face is a dickhead. thats my point.

banco55

HSC
Iron said:
Like I said, it's not a silver bullet, but it's heading in the right direction. If you dont want your $ wittled away on ethnics in a leftist agenda, then Get Up, just Get up. When the left knock you down, Get Up and rush them -knock them a right hook. See how it draws you into the system?
Student politics is toothless without this tax, and like I said, it's kids government, which is fun
The passion is one sided though. People (like me) who would get annoyed at our money being pissed away on politically correct causes generally aren't bothered by it enough to spend much time and energy trying to stop it. The lefties on the other hand are passionately devoted to spending as much money on politically correct boondoggles as possible and are willing to put in a lot of effort in seeing that the spigot isn't turned off.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The most hilarious aspect of VSU is how Liberals whinge and bitch about union money going to political organisations, and yet they accept it anyway.

ololololol

my point, comrades, is that you're all hypocrites and need to have your testicles put into a vice.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Leo 100 said:
1.What?
2. as always they tend to focus on the business side in comparison to that of labour who focus on the working class, moreso.
3. i never said that dickhead. read back... go on.

stop trying to argue and misconstrude what i say *full Stop* end of conversation.
1. You stated that the Liberals would have repealed VSU if they were still in here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=3890781&postcount=55
2. Would seem to me that the ALP's too busy fucking with my personal freedoms to do anything positive for the working class.
3. See here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=3890925&postcount=65
Neb said:
The most hilarious aspect of VSU is how Liberals whinge and bitch about union money going to political organisations, and yet they accept it anyway.

ololololol

my point, comrades, is that you're all hypocrites and need to have your testicles put into a vice.
As far as I can see there's been maybe $200 student organisation cash given to the Liberal club versus $100,000+ given by the SRC to various left wing causes, plus the money the 6+ leftist student clubs claim back from the Union for their activities. If you can show that less than 0.2% of the campus population is right wing, I'll concede you have a point.

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
lol at all the 08ers.

08ERS APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE.

Finish your HSC then we'll talk.

Ethnic minorities would get along a lot better if it wasn't for all the ethnicity

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
What? Fuck you buddy I ain't no fuckin Liberal and I fucking hate compulsory unions

LIKE YOU YOU TROT
non-liberal by name, liberal by nature. :wave:

waf said:
As far as I can see there's been maybe $200 student organisation cash given to the Liberal club versus $100,000+ given by the SRC to various left wing causes, plus the money the 6+ leftist student clubs claim back from the Union for their activities. If you can show that less than 0.2% of the campus population is right wing, I'll concede you have a point.
i'm not here to impress you, baby killer.
*launches wad of spit*

:mad: :mad: :mad:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
i'm not here to impress you, baby killer.
*launches wad of spit*

:mad: :mad: :mad:
You're confusing our roles here, Jimmy. You're the pro-choice feminist and I'm the pro-life zealot.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i hate abortion and find it, and its agents, repugnant.

hey miles i herd you voted colbert

liar! Liar! LIAR!

impervious182

HSC
Is it really a suprise that Rudd's doing this? Personally, I get annoyed by left-wing student bodies at University - passionate yet ignorant of other points of view.

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
1. You stated that the Liberals would have repealed VSU if they were still in here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=3890781&postcount=55
2. Would seem to me that the ALP's too busy fucking with my personal freedoms to do anything positive for the working class.
3. See here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=3890925&postcount=65

quote]

jesus grow up.
1. u asked if the liberals were in would they still be boosting prices? i said yes. it was coming regardless. price raising etc etc.
2. sure ok...
3.i was saying if liberals 'saved' the money by not charging students. it would be done in other ways and used by them, without actually benifiting anyone.

are we finished now?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)