Rules for Staff (2 Viewers)

CieL

HSC
To the security guard at my shop..

When I was serving some customers I saw the security guard reach over the service desk and read a piece of paper which was for the CSM and office. I thought that was a bloody stupid move because that area is my front end and it also holds confidential data.

I confronted him and the end of the shift and basically told him that he should not be touching whatever is not his, nor should he be reading things which are not for him.

Then the bastard gave me cheek and said that according to xxxxxx Act, section xx [I couldnt understand his thick Indian accent, I asked him to repeat himself four times], that he is "security" and that he can look at whatever he wants because he is "in charge" of the whole store.

I was speechless for about two seconds. My mental playback on his so called "job" for the last four hours was of him looking DOWN and READING his Optus phone bill for 1hr, talking on the phone for 2hrs, and talking to another offduty security guard OUTSIDE THE STORE the rest of the time. Security and in charge my fucking ass. Your job doesn't even specify to protect my safety. All you have to fucking do is keep your eyes open and on the lookout for shit happening within the store. But you were reading, talking outside, and looking downwards.....

Seriously.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Security guards are hopeless. One of ours is nice, but he's got no idea. One day he was actually needed (about 10 people punching each other with another 10 looking on) he just stood there, didn't even say anything. So I had to call for all staff to help. Our new ones are the same.

CieL

HSC
jodi..1 said:
Security guards are hopeless. One of ours is nice, but he's got no idea. One day he was actually needed (about 10 people punching each other with another 10 looking on) he just stood there, didn't even say anything. So I had to call for all staff to help. Our new ones are the same.
Yeah which is why I noted that, "Your job doesn't even specify to protect my safety".

Some guy drugged up on uppers went psycho at my store at the register next to me, slamming the bench and smashed the touchscreen.. and the security guard just stood there to watch.. so later I went up to him and asked him about his job description n shit because I was curious..

And he told me that he doesn't have to put his life in danger [as in, he doesnt have to physically do anything], and that his job is to just watch and report to the police [or whoever else] what he has seen.

I was cut. These guys are mostly illiterate and disabled [no offence] and they get paid over a hundred dollars [I'm guessing around $150] for a 4hr shift in which they just bum there and do whatever they want [eg. Make coffee in the staff room, do some grocery shopping, mostly talk on phone, etc]. They get paid more than me for doing absolutely nothing useful. Absolutely nothing.

xxxx8888

HSC
i went grocery shopping with my mum and this old frumpy 40 yr old woman (she looked really depressed), did such a crap job of packing the bags.

she put four loaves of bread in one plastic bag.
made the bags SO goddamn heavy. like all the cans in one bag and shoved fragile things in it too. she didn't even lay it on TOP, they were everywhere. this is how heavy it was: it felt like she put 4 cartons of 3L milk in it.
then the final bag had one garlic bread in it.

loool, i was like, what the hell? my mum just laughed.

seriously, i'm never picky about how my bags are packed as long as it's just D-E-C-E-N-T. wait, i don't even pay attention. but her packing was so shit i couldn't not notice it.

i think this woman just hates her job and all customers and so she did it purposely, or she's just really that dumb.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
xxxx8888 said:
i went grocery shopping with my mum and this old frumpy 40 yr old woman (she looked really depressed), did such a crap job of packing the bags.

she put four loaves of bread in one plastic bag.
made the bags SO goddamn heavy. like all the cans in one bag and shoved fragile things in it too. she didn't even lay it on TOP, they were everywhere. this is how heavy it was: it felt like she put 4 cartons of 3L milk in it.
then the final bag had one garlic bread in it.

loool, i was like, what the hell? my mum just laughed.

seriously, i'm never picky about how my bags are packed as long as it's just D-E-C-E-N-T. wait, i don't even pay attention. but her packing was so shit i couldn't not notice it.

i think this woman just hates her job and all customers and so she did it purposely, or she's just really that dumb.
maybe she's new? lol.
*shrugs*

Re: Security guards;
our security guard doesn't bother us, and we don't bother her. Yes. it is a Her. lol, what she's going to do when people start thrashing the store, i dunno.. and most security guards do seem to be overweight or something. too much donuts perhaps?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
new one:

staff- please do you fucking job and rotate the stock properly. I do not want to do a chicken open once a fortnight and dump~20kg's of stock just because you don't know how to rotate the chicken in the morning.

I'm serious though. The chicken wings looked and smelt fucking bad. and the chicken wings were going yellowish-green.
But honestly, that's why i hate doing chciken opens. some people just don'tk now how to rotate stock leaving me, one of the only people to do it properly, to dump it all out.

Argh. stupid !! =/

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
Re: Rules for Employees

sXcGuRl69aU said:
if you work at 7-eleven, please use deodorant, you dirty smelly indian. nobody wants be hit by the foul stench of BO the second they enter your store.
And maybe use some to freshen up half-way through the shift!

CieL

HSC
shinji said:
staff- please do you fucking job and rotate the stock properly. I do not want to do a chicken open once a fortnight and dump~20kg's of stock just because you don't know how to rotate the chicken in the morning.

I'm serious though. The chicken wings looked and smelt fucking bad. and the chicken wings were going yellowish-green.
But honestly, that's why i hate doing chciken opens. some people just don'tk now how to rotate stock leaving me, one of the only people to do it properly, to dump it all out.
Have you informed the manager or whoever's in charge that people aren't doing their job properly?

If I find something not done correctly [and I can't tell that specific person(s) face to face] I write it in the communications booklet to the manager so she can inform them of the correct method.. and tell other staff "just in case" so it wouldnt happen again..

greekgun

HSC
Uno wat really pisses me off...when its crazy busy at coles, its priority one, everyone is working their hardest and i look up, and the check out chick opposite me who has been at coles 5 years longer then i have is scanning at a snails pace. Seriously, the way she scans is she pics up an item, turns it over a couple of times, finds the bar code and then scans it. She takes like 30 secs for one item. Her bloody slowness puts so much pressure on the rest of us, yet she is always getting the better shifts and first pick of the shifts, and heaps of other shit.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
^^ maybe you should dob on her?

managers and supervisors - when your staff is engaged in a dispute with a client, however wrong your staff may be, do not tell him off in front of the client. it is not a chance to pull ranks, nor is it a show of how you think your opinion outweighs your staff's. i see it happen way too often in department stores.

KarmaKitten

HSC
To all the sales people at Harvey Norman.

You suck. I'm sick of waiting 20 minutes to get your attention while you laugh about with your mates and then when I ask you about certain specifications for a product, you barely know anything and I have to correct you.

And then, you have the nerve when I select the CORRECT product by myself to scribble your stupid employee ID on it, so you can get commission! Fuck you. I will always put that back and get a new one.

Honestly Harvey Norman, make sure the sales guys actually know their shit.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
If i am standing looking at a computerf for a couple of minutes don't just walk past me when i clearly wanna get help.

kow_dude

HSC
Bad Customer Service Experiences

I am keen to know what are everyone's bad customer experiences and which company you dealt with.

Company: Syd Tax and Duty Free

I'm getting really frustrated of a refund of $500, that they told me i would receive by cheque by 3-4 weeks. This has been almost 6 weeks and i still haven't received it. I have called them twice and the representatives were very rude in their manner of handling my situation. All they had to do was write a cheque and send it to my address but all they have done is make excuses about the "lack of staff". They also have this "kthxbye" attitude and just want to hang up on me as soon as possible. :angry:

monesh

HSC
Re: Bad Customer Service Experiences

Once i was in bonnyrigg plaza at Woolworths and i wanted to by Hydro plyroxide (don't know if right spelling :p) and i asked this fob guy and he looks for like 10 seconds and is like 'no idea' and started laughing. He gets his manager and this manager....every sentence had the word fuck in it, he's trying to look, the fob guy is just sitting watching because he cbf working and im like wtf....

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

monesh said:
Once i was in bonnyrigg plaza at Woolworths and i wanted to by Hydro plyroxide (don't know if right spelling :p) and i asked this fob guy and he looks for like 10 seconds and is like 'no idea' and started laughing. He gets his manager and this manager....every sentence had the word fuck in it, he's trying to look, the fob guy is just sitting watching because he cbf working and im like wtf....

do you mean hydroperoxide for bleaching your hair with?
and yeah. you do get those kinds of people. They annoy me.

@Emytaylor: you could've probably asked the guy walking by for some help.

@Ciel: if i see it happen again, I shall write it in the communications book.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Emytaylor raises an interesting point, because sometimes customers get really pissed off if you ask if they need any help, it's a fine line and hard to judge i think.

HSC
i went to a cafe today, and we waited ages for someone to come and serve us (and it wasn't busy). a couple of waitresses were just standing around talking near the cash register, a were sorting out different types of sugar. three different members of staff walked past and continued to ignore us. so finally, my mum decides to go and politely ask if one of them could take our order, and the girl was really bitchy.

and this is not the first time it has happened. so i finally managed to convince her never to to go there again.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
russianROULETTE said:
i went to a cafe today, and we waited ages for someone to come and serve us (and it wasn't busy). a couple of waitresses were just standing around talking near the cash register, a were sorting out different types of sugar. three different members of staff walked past and continued to ignore us. so finally, my mum decides to go and politely ask if one of them could take our order, and the girl was really bitchy.

and this is not the first time it has happened. so i finally managed to convince her never to to go there again.
why didn't you file a complaint against the staff to the manager?

monesh

HSC

shinji said:

do you mean hydroperoxide for bleaching your hair with?
and yeah. you do get those kinds of people. They annoy me.

@Emytaylor: you could've probably asked the guy walking by for some help.

@Ciel: if i see it happen again, I shall write it in the communications book.
I think your talking about the same thing. I used it with baking soda to get stains out of my shirt =]

HSC
shinji said:
why didn't you file a complaint against the staff to the manager?
i didn't really think of it at the time, but the management there don't seem like they'd give a crap anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)