• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Russia 'goes to war' with Georgia (1 Viewer)

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
MissSarajevo said:
US Economy at its lowest ebb is still 4 times bigger than Chinese economy, 13 times bigger than Russia.

If the chinese, Russians, Indians want a better furture, they'll have to learn English.

No. and that shows the unimportance of chinese language to average australians.

You two can come back when average chinese earn $ 45,000 a year compared to $ 2400 as of now, and tell us how great china is.
Hence it's an emerging economy. Still missing the point - you're comparing two countries at this point in time.

Also average income doesn't mean much. UK income is a tad higher than Sydney/Melbourne, but I can assure you UK is a lot more expensive having lived there for a while. So are Brits better off than Australians? I would have thought otherwise.

A 2-bedroom apartment I was in cost £1200 per week. That's like how much you pay for a 2-bedroom apartment in Melbourne CBD per month. Should the Brits be telling you how great they are? Actually maybe they are.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
MissSarajevo said:
US Economy at its lowest ebb is still 4 times bigger than Chinese economy, 13 times bigger than Russia.

If the chinese, Russians, Indians want a better furture, they'll have to learn English.

You two can come back when average chinese earn $ 45,000 a year compared to $ 2400 as of now, and tell us how great china is.
populus of lingua permoveo per vicis

well Miss English used to be regarded as crass.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
MissSarajevo said:

If Australisn want a better future, they'd pray that China's boom continues. I've made so much money off BHP and I sure hope it doesn't stop.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Omnidragon said:
Hence it's an emerging economy. Still missing the point - you're comparing two countries at this point in time.
Exactly, what do you want to compare? USA now and China in the next 50 years LOL!

Also average income doesn't mean much. UK income is a tad higher than Sydney/Melbourne, but I can assure you UK is a lot more expensive having lived there for a while. So are Brits better off than Australians? I would have thought otherwise.
No, but Americans earning $ 45,000 are far better off than Chinese with $ 2400, regardless of the living expense.

If Australisn want a better future, they'd pray that China's boom continues. I've made so much money off BHP and I sure hope it doesn't stop.
Even if China ceased to exist, Australia will just switch to another country for export

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
In the near future, it'd be far more likely Australia cease to exist.

You seem incredibly hung up on the current, whilst everyone else is arguing about what will happen in the future...

MissSarajevo

HSC
Admiral Nelson said:
In the near future, it'd be far more likely Australia cease to exist.

You seem incredibly hung up on the current, whilst everyone else is arguing about what will happen in the future...
Near future? Really? what are the threat to australia's existence? LOL!

I'll leave the future, for poor trash russians and chinese who have nothing else other than the future to dream on. I'll tell Goldman Sach analyst not to ruin their dreams.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
It's Goldman Sach's Chief Economist's prediction - the one based in New York. I'm sure you command much more authority than him.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Do you honestly believe you have a choice which country goes boom or bust.

Throughout history the international bankers have been the ones pulling all the strings. They are the ones that decide and determine who gets what.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Omnidragon said:
It's Goldman Sach's Chief Economist's prediction - the one based in New York. I'm sure you command much more authority than him.
And you believe a company which cannot predict 1 year in advance is going to predict 50 years in advance LOL! :lol:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
MissSarajevo said:
Near future? Really? what are the threat to australia's existence? LOL!

I'll leave the future, for poor trash russians and chinese who have nothing else other than the future to dream on. I'll tell Goldman Sach analyst not to ruin their dreams.
:rofl:
You're stupid. Just stop posting.

MissSarajevo

HSC
sam04u said:
:rofl:
You're stupid. Just stop posting.
is that a veiled thread to Australia that it will be taken over by Arabs in the Near future? :uhoh:

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
MissSarajevo said:
is that a veiled thread to Australia that it will be taken over by Arabs in the Near future? :uhoh:
Er some trends are pretty observable. The rise of the Arab bloc in 100 years will not surprise me.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Omnidragon said:
Er some trends are pretty observable. The rise of the Arab bloc in 100 years will not surprise me.
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. would it be surprising if it does? yes. for such thing to of this magnitude to happen you would need education. Only one decent university or even library would have eradicated tyranny, bigotry and narrow-mindedness. This would have meant disaster for the rulers and people in authority in all spheres of life. This would wizened up the people and petro-dollars would not have gone to the west via construction companies and arms dealers. An educated and critically aware Arab population is neither any good for the useless Arab tyrants nor their Western masters. Arrogance, and hollow pride would keep the Arabs ignorant and stupid which is profitable for all parties involved, hence the huge buildings and all the construction work which feeds this arrogance and on the other hand shifts money to the West.

hundred years ago you the arab block were living in tents out in the desert chopping each other's heads off and that's where they'll be in another hundred years.

Last edited:

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Well without getting religious, it wasn't long that the Ottoman Empire was a major force. And we also had Arabic and Persian Empires at various ages.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Omnidragon said:
Well without getting religious, it wasn't long that the Ottoman Empire was a major force. And we also had Arabic and Persian Empires at various ages.
different times my friend. the region is infested with religious nut jobs (part of the problem) but that's exactly the what they want.

ignorance is strength.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha I can't quite tell what your stance is. Why do you have a no sign runnig through the Israel flag?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Omnidragon said:
Haha I can't quite tell what your stance is. Why do you have a no sign runnig through the Israel flag?
lol. im anti- Israeli and anti Arab. for different reasons.

edit: im not Arab. parents from Pakistan.

Last edited:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC

NATO foreign ministers were gathering in Belgium Tuesday to hold emergency talks about Russia's military incursion into Georgia as Russian forces showed few signs of withdrawing from the former Soviet republic.
Georgian officials have accused Moscow of ignoring its obligations under a French-brokered ceasefire to withdraw to positions held before fierce fighting began 11 days ago when Georgian forces moved to retake control of the breakaway province of South Ossetia.
Russia, which had peacekeeping forces in South Ossetia, then sent in thousands of reinforcements, driving out Georgian forces there and in the Russian-backed separatist region of Abkhazia before rolling deeper into Georgian territory.
The NATO summit comes amid an apparent split between the 26 member nations on what stance the alliance should take against Russia.
Why the ***** is this, after 17 years following the collapse of the USSR and the Warsaw Pact, NATO, an organization which was created specifically to counter the Soviet threat, still exists and keeps expanding? Did NATO not make a promise to Gorbachev that this alliance is not going to expand eastward past Germany? Russia is being isolated and surrounded by NATO. How are they supposed to feel about it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)