• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Russia 'goes to war' with Georgia (1 Viewer)

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
I doubt china will be overtaking anybody any time soon.

To be honest, India has a better chance of success in that regard, and even that's fairly far in the future,
USA GDP $13.13 trillion
China GDP $10.17 trillion
India GDP $4.156

(Source: CIA world factbook 2006 statistics)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
HNAKXR said:
USA GDP $13.13 trillion
India GDP $4.156

OK, now take a look at its nominal GDP: $3.42 trillion. Read up on PPP mate. It can be an effective tool to use, but trying to use it to 'prove' that a country is going to be a dominant economic superpower in 40 years time is fairly meaningless - about as meaningless as using, say, GDP per capita. Nominal GDP isn't even a good indicator of that, tbh, but at least nominal is a half-decent ranking of a country's economy on the international scale.

But yeah, India is lagging behind a bit at the moment. Its stable democracy, political freedom, relatively low income disparity, along with much of the same economic growth power as China, would indicate it is the more likely candidate for 'future superpower'.

Anyway, if you were trying to prove a point, you didn't; China hasn't overtaken anybody. I'm sure that its economy will continue to grow, but so will America's, and so will India's. China isn't going to bloom forever; such growth tends to be more like logistic than exponential.

I have far more faith in a prediction about India or Brazil's future than I do China's; it's far too volatile and unstable. And I mean, forgive me for being cynical, but considering how often the Chinese government fabricates things, I wouldn't be very surprised if its own GDP is reported with a skew by the Chinese Bureau of Statistics.

MissSarajevo

HSC
HNAKXR said:
USA GDP $13.13 trillion
India GDP $4.156

USA GDP $ 13.7 trillion
China GDP $ 3.2 trillion
Russia GDP $ 1.2 trillion
India GDP $ 1 trillion

(Source CIA World factbook 2007 statistics)

USA > China+Russia+India :rofl:

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sure I do probably know more than you. In any case, I don't care about GDP per capita. There's enough money flowing around given current forecasts.

Also, it's fair that the other guy used PPP GDP since you place so much emphasis on GDP per capita. Either we compare in absolute terms, or we compare PPP and GDP per capita.

Probably a bit too difficult for some of you arts students to understand though.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
MissSarajevo sounds like a serb/yu-go.

how that alone doesn't quantify her to go on your ignore list is beyond me.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
MissSarajevo said:
USA GDP $ 13.7 trillion
China GDP $ 3.2 trillion
Russia GDP $ 1.2 trillion
India GDP $ 1 trillion

(Source CIA World factbook 2007 statistics)

USA > China+Russia+India :rofl:
How about take your PM's advice and go learn some Chinese or Japanese if you want to have a future in Australia? This is Asia Pacific, not America.

Do you ever wonder why BRIC is called emerging countries and USA is called industralised (past tese) country? Actually do you even know what BRIC is?

Now here's something for you to think about. Australia is not even 1/4 of any of those countries you mentioned and China is now its largest trading partner. So much for an industralised economy.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Omnidragon said:
I'm sure I do probably know more than you. In any case, I don't care about GDP per capita. There's enough money flowing around given current forecasts.

Also, it's fair that the other guy used PPP GDP since you place so much emphasis on GDP per capita. Either we compare in absolute terms, or we compare PPP and GDP per capita.

Probably a bit too difficult for some of you arts students to understand though.
Either absolute or relative terms US outperformed China in GDP , GDP percapita in nominal and PPP.

The onlything where China outperformed US recently is in terms of CO2 production. Not surprising.

By the way, China will learn English if it wants to be part of its olympic themed One World and we will NOT learn chinese.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Slidey said:
OK, now take a look at its nominal GDP: $3.42 trillion. Read up on PPP mate. It can be an effective tool to use, but trying to use it to 'prove' that a country is going to be a dominant economic superpower in 40 years time is fairly meaningless - about as meaningless as using, say, GDP per capita. Nominal GDP isn't even a good indicator of that, tbh, but at least nominal is a half-decent ranking of a country's economy on the international scale.

But yeah, India is lagging behind a bit at the moment. Its stable democracy, political freedom, relatively low income disparity, along with much of the same economic growth power as China, would indicate it is the more likely candidate for 'future superpower'.

Anyway, if you were trying to prove a point, you didn't; China hasn't overtaken anybody. I'm sure that its economy will continue to grow, but so will America's, and so will India's. China isn't going to bloom forever; such growth tends to be more like logistic than exponential.

I have far more faith in a prediction about India or Brazil's future than I do China's; it's far too volatile and unstable. And I mean, forgive me for being cynical, but considering how often the Chinese government fabricates things, I wouldn't be very surprised if its own GDP is reported with a skew by the Chinese Bureau of Statistics.
Honestly much of the risks people talk about refer to political uncertainty - people toppling Communist rule etc. I reckon this just reflects western complacency in its system and a lack of cultural understanding about China.

The Communist regime is not unstable. People don't really care about who is ruling the country - only western media seem to care about that and much of the concern is drawn from this.

People are much more nationalistic and pro-Government (regardless of who is in charge) than what westerners think. Think back to how all that media harrassing about Tibet backfired as Chinese around the world rallied and Chinese boycott basically forced Carre Four (way bigger than Safeway or Coles) to withdraw from China.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
MissSarajevo said:
Either absolute or relative terms US outperformed China in GDP , GDP percapita in nominal and PPP.

The onlything where China outperformed US recently is in terms of CO2 production. Not surprising.

By the way, China will learn English if it wants to be part of its olympic themed One World and we will NOT learn chinese.
I have. And so has our Prime Minister. So it's more like YOU will not learn Chinese.

Of course the USA has outperformed, you seemed to have missed the point about emerging vs industralised country. Use a dictionary if it helps.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Omnidragon said:
How about take your PM's advice and go learn some Chinese or Japanese if you want to have a future in Australia? This is Asia Pacific, not America.
99.99% of successful australians speak neither Japanese nor chinese, you can shove your language up your arse.

Do you ever wonder why BRIC is called emerging countries and USA is called industralised (past tese) country? Actually do you even know what BRIC is?
yeah a bunch of 3rd world poor trash country with big ego, who queue in millions to migrate to Australia, USA and EU in search of better lives, like you.

Now here's something for you to think about. Australia is not even 1/4 of any of those countries you mentioned and China is now its largest trading partner. So much for an industralised economy.
Australia GDP is almost $ 1 trillion. Impressive for a nation the size of the population of Greater Shanghai. Your 1.3 billion barely produce 3 trillion Dollar worths of goods and services, perhaps time for you to grow , FAST.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Yea yea keep ignoring my point about emerging economies.
Australia's biggest trading partner is China. Chances are you will work with China in your life - but then again you don't know Chinese so how could you.

As all big personalities like Rudd and Marius Kloppers (know who he is?) encourage their children to learn Chinese, I wonder if you're right or they are. And who said I was Chinese? Do you just assume all who speak Chinese are Chinese? Gee the arrogance...

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
How to win an internet argument - period.
I bow to you MissSarajevo. Or maybe you just have visual problems

Omnidragon said:
Do you ever wonder why BRIC is called emerging countries and USA is called industralised (past tese) country?

MissSarajevo said:
Omnidragon said:
Of course the USA has outperformed, you seemed to have missed the point about emerging vs industralised country. Use a dictionary if it helps.
MissSarajevo said:
Australia GDP is almost $ 1 trillion. Impressive for a nation the size of the population of Greater Shanghai. Your 1.3 billion barely produce 3 trillion Dollar worths of goods and services, perhaps time for you to grow , FAST.

Omnidragon said:

MissSarajevo

HSC
Omnidragon said:
Australia's biggest trading partner is China. Chances are you will work with China in your life - but then again you don't know Chinese so how could you.
Again, I already proved that your so called Emerging economies, your so called BRIC countries didnt even compare to HALF of the Unted States economy. You are counting your chicken before they hatch.

There are many many jobs that has nothing whatsoever with China.

As all big personalities like Rudd and Marius Kloppers (know who he is?) encourage their children to learn Chinese, I wonder if you're right or they are. And who said I was Chinese? Do you just assume all who speak Chinese are Chinese? Gee the arrogance...
Two people out of 20 million, impressive.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
MissSarajevo said:
99.99% of successful Australians speak neither Japanese nor chinese, you can shove your language up your arse.
Nothing lasts forever. The U.S. bubble has burst. If you want a secure future you had better learn Spanish, Mandarin or Cantonese. Since most Aussies and Americans don't even know what those terms mean it looks like their future is very insecure. Ain't nobody gonna pay you to sit on your fat ass watching TV and votin' GOP.

ChiChina is good for the world, we all delighted to hear this, soon or later someone will replace the US just like every other super power. Its natural. Americans think they actually going to remain on top forever? are you kidding me? You better enjoy it while you on top, because it will be over before you know, read history.

Last edited:

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
MissSarajevo said:
Again, I already proved that your so called Emerging economies, your so called BRIC countries didnt even compare to HALF of the Unted States economy. You are counting your chicken before they hatch.

There are many many jobs that has nothing whatsoever with China.

Two people out of 20 million, impressive.
Oh gee whiz! Do you expect me to know more than 300 people in my lifetime? At least well enough to know what language they speak?

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
bigboyjames said:
Nothing lasts forever.
Agreed. I'm sure China will come down one day. But this century is not the day. Now I'm not so optimistic about USA for the next two centuries.

MissSarajevo

HSC
bigboyjames said:
Nothing lasts forever. The U.S. bubble has burst. If you want a secure future you had better learn Spanish, Mandarin or Cantonese. Since most Aussies and Americans don't even know what those terms mean it looks like their future is very insecure. Ain't nobody gonna pay you to sit on your fat ass watching TV and votin' GOP.

China is good for the world, we all delighted to hear this, soon or later someone will replace the US just like every other super power. Its natural. Americans think they actually going to remain on top forever? are you kidding me? You better enjoy it while you on top, because it will be over before you know, read history.
US Economy at its lowest ebb is still 4 times bigger than Chinese economy, 13 times bigger than Russia.

If the chinese, Russians, Indians want a better furture, they'll have to learn English.

Omnidragon said:
Oh gee whiz! Do you expect me to know more than 300 people in my lifetime? At least well enough to know what language they speak?
No. and that shows the unimportance of chinese language to average australians.

You two can come back when average chinese earn $ 45,000 a year compared to $ 2400 as of now, and tell us how great china is.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
MissSarajevo said:
US Economy at its lowest ebb is still 4 times bigger than Chinese economy, 13 times bigger than Russia.

If the chinese, Russians, Indians want a better furture, they'll have to learn English.
NAAAAAH..... fucking genius. OMFG. thank you for letting me know this! fuck i didn't know. you are a retard. FUCK YOU.

your an close minded ignorant tool. please go back into your shack and kill your time flicking channels.

your pathetic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)