• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Russia 'goes to war' with Georgia (2 Viewers)

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
Starcraftmazter said:
The situation in Georgia can be summed up with the appropriate use of graphics.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Speaking of pictures, here are some which were taken by a Russian soldier in South Ossetia during the current conflict - thought people might find them interesting.
http://www.empire-web.com/pics/
Fucking brilliant :rofl:

MissSarajevo

HSC
Those Russian soldiers looks really poor, starved and undisciplined, they dont even have decent uniform or weapons. I am not surprised they cannot even protect their own country not to talk of protecting South Ossettia LOL!

HNAKXR

HSC
N/A
MissSarajevo said:
Those Russian soldiers looks really poor, starved and undisciplined, they dont even have decent uniform or weapons. I am not surprised they cannot even protect their own country
i think that would be more insulting to Georgia than Russia

HSC
MissSarajevo said:
Those Russian soldiers looks really poor, starved and undisciplined, they dont even have decent uniform or weapons. I am not surprised they cannot even protect their own country not to talk of protecting South Ossettia LOL!
I agree. They are so poor and undisciplined, they kicked Goergia's ass, who was using the latest US weapons without breaking a sweat.

Oh wait...

You need to learn a little something about military culture methinks. Just because Russian soldiers are not fat slobs, doesn't make them starved. Nobody wants to wear their uniforms 24x7 when moving around in a hot climate.

As for weapons, lol, they beat the m16s Georgians used, so what makes you think they are not decent?

And based on what do you say they cannot even protect their own country? As for South Ossetia, they did a top job there, I'd say.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
I agree. They are so poor and undisciplined, they kicked Goergia's ass, who was using the latest US weapons without breaking a sweat.

Oh wait...

You need to learn a little something about military culture methinks. Just because Russian soldiers are not fat slobs, doesn't make them starved. Nobody wants to wear their uniforms 24x7 when moving around in a hot climate.

As for weapons, lol, they beat the m16s Georgians used, so what makes you think they are not decent?

And based on what do you say they cannot even protect their own country? As for South Ossetia, they did a top job there, I'd say.
What a retard. 99.99% of georgian weapons were made in the USSR.

its not surprising Russians left georgia because they dont want to repeat Soviet's Afghan blunder and further disintegrate Russia.

HSC
MissSarajevo said:
What a retard. 99.99% of georgian weapons were made in the USSR.

its not surprising Russians left georgia because they dont want to repeat Soviet's Afghan blunder and further disintegrate Russia.
There have been countless reports with photos & videos, showing that Georgians were using US weapons, and had tonnes of them stockpiled. If you knew anything about the geopolitical history of that region, you'd know that the US has been supplying and training the Georgian army for quite some time.

Russia withdrew because they achieved their peacekeeping mission. Their intention was never to take control or overthrow the government. They also left a contingent of forces in South Ossetia.

Due to the extreme idiocy of your statement, and your clear state of being completely unaware of the situation, I'm kindly going to ask you to GTFO and take your BS with you.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
There have been countless reports with photos & videos, showing that Georgians were using US weapons, and had tonnes of them stockpiled. If you knew anything about the geopolitical history of that region, you'd know that the US has been supplying and training the Georgian army for quite some time.

Russia withdrew because they achieved their peacekeeping mission. Their intention was never to take control or overthrow the government.

Due to the extreme idiocy of your statement, and your clear state of being completely unaware of the situation, I'm kindly going to ask you to GTFO and take your BS with you.
The only weapons supplied by Americans were small arms and a dozen humvees. Do some research, retard.

Russians withdrew thanks to Georgian resistance with American support, just like in Afghanistan. But this time, Russians are clever not to stay too long.

HSC
MissSarajevo said:
The only weapons supplied by Americans were small arms and a dozen humvees. Do some research, retard.
Yeh right. And the lasers and photon-cannons are Russian made.

MissSarajevo said:
Russians withdrew thanks to Georgian resistance with American support, just like in Afghanistan. But this time, Russians are clever not to stay too long.
Russians faced no resistance.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Yeh right. And the lasers and photon-cannons are Russian made.

Russians faced no resistance.
Man you're a dumb-shit.

HNAKXR

HSC
N/A
he has just been playing Starcraft too long.

*BATTLE CRUISER OPERATIONAL*

HSC
Seems that my point was lost on some people and trolls.

The point was, that the ground forces use american rifles and drive around on american vehicles - this was basically the main equipment used by georgians when Russia attacked.

There were limited tanks, and I'm sure they were either destroyed by close air support or rolled out quickly to ensure they would not be damaged. Georgia doesn't have a lot of tanks - in fact only one battalion thereof. Since they were on the retreat, they probably did not get to use any artillery, and they certainly didn't use any aircraft.

And we can't overlook the fact that the Geogian militrary is trained by USA. They have American tactics amongst other things.

Russia has not been supplying Georgia with arms for a very long time, probably since the days of USSR.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Seems that my point was lost on some people and trolls.

The point was, that the ground forces use american rifles and drive around on american vehicles - this was basically the main equipment used by georgians when Russia attacked.

There were limited tanks, and I'm sure they were either destroyed by close air support or rolled out quickly to ensure they would not be damaged. Georgia doesn't have a lot of tanks - in fact only one battalion thereof. Since they were on the retreat, they probably did not get to use any artillery, and they certainly didn't use any aircraft.

And we can't overlook the fact that the Geogian militrary is trained by USA. They have American tactics amongst other things.

Russia has not been supplying Georgia with arms for a very long time, probably since the days of USSR.
Just because they didn't use the one-rifle-between-two policy doesn't mean they're American trained.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
NATO missile defense talks controversy

For some years, the United States negotiated with Poland and the Czech Republic for the deployment of interceptor missiles and a radar tracking system in the two countries. Both countries' governments indicated that they would allow the deployment. In August 2008, Poland and the United States signed a preliminary deal to place part of the missile defense shield in Poland that would be linked to air-defense radar in the Czech Republic.[27] The proposed American missile defense site in Central Europe is expected to be fully operational by 2015 and would be capable of covering most of Europe except parts of Romania plus Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey.[28]

In April 2007, NATO's European allies called for a NATO missile defense system which would complement the American National Missile Defense system to protect Europe from missile attacks and NATO's decision-making North Atlantic Council held consultations on missile defense in the first meeting on the topic at such a senior level.[28]

In response, the then Russian president Vladimir Putin claimed that such a deployment could lead to a new arms race and could enhance the likelihood of mutual destruction. He also suggested that his country would freeze its compliance with the 1990 Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe (CFE)—which limits military deployments across the continent—until all NATO countries had ratified the adapted CFE treaty.[29]

Secretary General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer claimed the system would not affect strategic balance or threaten Russia, as the plan is to base only 10 interceptor missiles in Poland with an associated radar in the Czech Republic.[30]

On July 14, 2007, Russia gave notice of its intention to suspend the CFE treaty, effective 150 days later.[31][32] On August 14, 2008, the United States and Poland came to an agreement to place 10 missile interceptor bases with MIM-104 Patriot defense systems in Poland. This came at a time when tension was high between Russia and most of NATO and resulted in a nuclear threat on Poland by Russia if the building of the missile defenses went ahead. On August 20th, 2008 the United States and Poland signed the agreement, with a statement from Russia saying their response "Will Go Beyond Diplomacy" and is a "extremely dangerous bundle" of military projects."

Also, on August 20, 2008, Russia sent word to Norway that it was suspending ties with NATO.[33]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO#NATO_missile_defense_talks_controversy

lol.

Russia's scared. I guess I can see why (it's scared), but I can't help but feel this will lead nowhere. Nobody wants a war and nobody has a reason to go to war.

Analysts also suspect Sweden's decision to monitor all internet traffic was designed not to spy on its own people, but to spy on Russia, since something like 80% of Russian net data travels through Sweden's lines. That explanation would make a lot of sense, since both sides of parliament pushed for it, yet neither had an explanation for the public.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)