Same-Sex Marriage (1 Viewer)

Are you for or against same-sex marriage?

• Total voters

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Isn't marriage a religious contract, why do gays want to be associated with it if religions hate them?

Also do gays get treated the same by the government as straight de-facto couples do?

HSC
N/A
Isn't marriage a religious contract, why do gays want to be associated with it if religions hate them?

Also do gays get treated the same by the government as straight de-facto couples do?
isn't it a legal thing too?
i'm sure you're issued with a marriage license or something after you get married.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, this isn't even a tyranny of the majority issue anymore and hasnt been for decades.

It is well established now that an overwhelming majority of Australians support equal marriage rights for homosexual couples. Why on earth doesn't government just get on with it and amend the law? (It's because both sides are beholden to the Christian Lobby)

powlmao

Banned
HSC

I believe they get treated differently, straight de-facto relations are pretty much the same as married couples under the law. Marriage today isn't as influenced by religion anymore, many people who don't believe in god get married

HSC
N/A
Also, this isn't even a tyranny of the majority issue anymore and hasnt been for decades.

It is well established now that an overwhelming majority of Australians support equal marriage rights for homosexual couples. Why on earth doesn't government just get on with it and amend the law? (It's because both sides are beholden to the Christian Lobby)
They probably don't want to deal with the crazy religious fanatics.
I'm sure that if the people of Australia added pressure on the government, it'd be a catalyst for them to amend the law.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Who said 'Against' I am interested in way they personally think that.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
They probably don't want to deal with the crazy religious fanatics.
I'm sure that if the people of Australia added pressure on the government, it'd be a catalyst for them to amend the law.
They would, it is how laws are made usually.

I am Christian and I find it stupid how the Marriage act doesn't allow for gat marriage

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
imo, if they allow same sex marriages. those couples shouldnt be allowed to have kids. u cant always get everything you want.
Wait… let me get this right. By current standard a high school student is allowed to have multiple kids and do whatever the fuck they please with them, but you're saying we shouldn't allow two responsible, caring adults have their own children. Are you retarded? What is this, I don't even…

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It doesn't affect me, so I don't care if it changes.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Wait… let me get this right. By current standard a high school student is allowed to have multiple kids and do whatever the fuck they please with them, but you're saying we shouldn't allow two responsible, caring adults have their own children. Are you retarded? What is this, I don't even…
It is crazy how bad some Australian Laws are today.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
the kids will get bullied for having 2 dads or 2 mums.
My friend has two mums. He's been bullied for a he'll of a lot of shit, but that's never been one of them.
We made jokes about his mums having threeways with other lesbians we know but that's it.
And I think kids get bullied for pretty much anything anyway so it isn't going to make much of a difference.

Btw, another argument against the whole children thing brought up by religion teacher when someone brought up the topic on the bus to the Buddhist temple was like "I think a child needs the influence of a mother and a father to balance them out" she said this right to my friend and I's faces. I've grown up pretty much with only my mum and his mum passed away about 4 years ago. And he turned out fine.
I still don't understand against arguments.
If someone gives me an argument against that isn't retarded then I'll accept their opinion but I've never heard one. So, yeah…

powlmao

Banned
HSC
My friend has two mums. He's been bullied for a he'll of a lot of shit, but that's never been one of them.
We made jokes about his mums having threeways with other lesbians we know but that's it.
And I think kids get bullied for pretty much anything anyway so it isn't going to make much of a difference.

Btw, another argument against the whole children thing brought up by religion teacher when someone brought up the topic on the bus to the Buddhist temple was like "I think a child needs the influence of a mother and a father to balance them out" she said this right to my friend and I's faces. I've grown up pretty much with only my mum and his mum passed away about 4 years ago. And he turned out fine.
I still don't understand against arguments.
If someone gives me an argument against that isn't retarded then I'll accept their opinion but I've never heard one. So, yeah…
There isn't a real argument against it, it is just the stupid government we have.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
There isn't a real argument against it, it is just the stupid government we have.
Actually there is

The reason the state shouldn't be involved in this stuff is because they're prone to forcing others unto their will

So it's possible that religious institutions will be forced to marry homosexual couples against their belief system

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Actually there is

The reason the state shouldn't be involved in this stuff is because they're prone to forcing others unto their will

So it's possible that religious institutions will be forced to marry homosexual couples against their belief system
There are other ways to get legally married without the aid of religious institutions.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
yes of course there are

but what about when they want a church to marry them and the church doesn't want to
It just goes back to the originally point of people shouldn't have a problem with it and the fact a church will not marry a gay couple (If laws allowed) is wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)