Same-Sex Marriage (2 Viewers)

Are you for or against same-sex marriage?

• Total voters

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
... and look how you turned out
I had a father up until I was 14, mate and he was shit. It would've been better for me to only have the influence of my mum and pretty much my mum was the only one that took care of me or did anything for me.
My dad was just some cunt that was there and all of my bad traits I picked up from him.
He shouldn't have been allowed children, not fucking gays.

Honestly though, I would have no respect for any gays that would want to get married in a church regardless of their families traditions etc. Why would you partake in an institution that thinks your way of life is sinful and disgusting.
Yep. If you're gonna do something do it right.

assburgerscunt said:
To be less serious, we can call this equivalent of marriage a "kwyjibo", for example. Gays can have their 'kwyjibo' and heterosexuals can have their marriage, and both are equal - except in name of the actual thing.
instead of being "married" you'll be "butt buddies".
Btw, that episode was made to taunt and belittle those against homo-marriage. Just sayin'.

LonelyWolf

HSC
???

I thought you were on our side?

I believe catholic schools can still legally refuse teachers that will not sign a contract saying they will not engage in a ''known lifestyle'' contrary to the Catholic ethos and Catholic faith.
this is true. protestants allow open gays though

---

1. i don't understand why gays would want to follow a religious tradition. that being said, such tradition should only be held by a man and woman.
2. gays should not be allowed to have children

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
m8 i'm just stating my opinion

Gays can go have their marriage like thing. I just don't agree with calling it 'marriage'. Leave it alone, methinks.

Besides, a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet... or whatever the quote is. It's the same thing, just a different name. I think 'civil union' is a pretty crappy name though, tbh. But with the freedom to pick a name, they can conjure a new word that is really great. Think positive, geez.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
???

I thought you were on our side?

this is true. protestants allow open gays though

---

1. i don't understand why gays would want to follow a religious tradition. that being said, such tradition should only be held by a man and woman.
2. gays should not be allowed to have children
Gays should not be allowed to have children?

wat. So we're gonna let the 16 year old bogans in Mt. Druitt (no crying foul, I live in that area - so I've seen them first hand) who just happen to be heterosexual to have children, but two men or women who really love each other and are willing to foster a good, caring and loving home for a child must be banned?

See Kristina Keneally on qanda a few weeks back for that opinion. I agree with her.

LonelyWolf

HSC
Gays should not be allowed to have children?

wat. So we're gonna let the 16 year old bogans in Mt. Druitt (no crying foul, I live in that area - so I've seen them first hand) who just happen to be heterosexual to have children, but two men or women who really love each other and are willing to foster a good, caring and loving home for a child must be banned?

See Kristina Keneally on qanda a few weeks back for that opinion. I agree with her.

to clarify:

such scum should be sterilised
gays should not be allowed the have children

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Gays can go have their marriage like thing. I just don't agree with calling it 'marriage'.

Besides, a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet... or whatever the quote is. It's the same thing, just a different name.
If it's the same thing, then why give it a different name?

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
lol shadowdude doesn't understand equality.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lol shadowdude doesn't understand equality.
Come on... you're thinking so negatively. Think positively.

"We can't use marriage, so we can come up with a new word, a better word for the bond that probably won't piss off religious people as much".

I have every confidence we can find a good word for it.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
So, the word marriage doesn't belong to any religion though.

The word 'marriage' originates from 1297, from Old French mariage (12c.), from Vulgar Latin *maritaticum, from Latin maritatus, pp. of maritatre "to wed, marry, give in marriage".

This does not mean that the concept was not in existence prior to that. Whatever it was called in the Bible, the word 'marriage' was not used. Remember that the Bible was translated using the available language of the time.

Genesis 2:24 is frequently quoted as "God's plan" for marriage to the exclusion of all other family /marriage types:

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

You might notice that the word 'marriage' is not used.

HSC
Uni Grad
CONFLICTING PERSPECTIVES!!!!!!

but anyhow, I personally don't really give a damn about this issue, if others want to get married, fine go ahead. Leave them alone and let them do what they want. :)

though personally I believe that there will be no chance that I will turn homosexual...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So, the word marriage doesn't belong to any religion though.

The word 'marriage' originates from 1297, from Old French mariage (12c.), from Vulgar Latin *maritaticum, from Latin maritatus, pp. of maritatre "to wed, marry, give in marriage".

This does not mean that the concept was not in existence prior to that. Whatever it was called in the Bible, the word 'marriage' was not used. Remember that the Bible was translated using the available language of the time.

Genesis 2:24 is frequently quoted as "God's plan" for marriage to the exclusion of all other family /marriage types:

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

You might notice that the word 'marriage' is not used.
Well, religious people have adopted it. Surely we can at least be decent and allow them to go on their merry way. It's just a word, and as I said, we can find a better word for the homosexual 'marriage'.

And is it bad that when I read ""Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." I thought of the Jeopardy! clue where it was referenced?

Side note: It was a great clue, it was along the lines of "In Genesis 2:24, God says a man will do this first to his parents, then this other thing to his wife - add a letter to one word to get the other". No one got 'leave' and 'cleave' though... I guessed "What is honor and... ???"

HSC
Uni Grad
Shadowdude do you ever read your posts and think "holy shit I'm a fucken crazy person!"

just wondering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)