Saudi religious police ban red roses for valentine's day (no joke) lol (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
Gay Captain said:
Well there are trace elements of non-halal substances in all the air you breathe so what can you do?

I once posted that on Muslim village and they couldn't come up with a coherent answer :D
Are you showing off how much of a smarty pants you are?
Because you're just repeating what I said.

I'm sure they couldn't come up with an answer. Obviously....
I was being sarcastic.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
IMO a lot of people view 'islam' far too much as some sort of separate entity from the culture of the people -- Even more than say amongst the established, hierarchial faiths such as catholicism I believe the muslim religion is less of a substantitive entity in its self and more of a rhetorical filter for how people want their society to be constructed i.e. It sounds better if you say 'God wants it this way'. I think for the most part it probably only serves as means to slow down 'progression' by a certain amount, but it's a sheep and the muslim people are its shepard.

banco55

HSC
Enteebee said:
IMO a lot of people view 'islam' far too much as some sort of separate entity from the culture of the people -- Even more than say amongst the established, hierarchial faiths such as catholicism I believe the muslim religion is less of a substantitive entity in its self and more of a rhetorical filter for how people want their society to be constructed i.e. It sounds better if you say 'God wants it this way'. I think for the most part it probably only serves as means to slow down 'progression' by a certain amount, but it's a sheep and the muslim people are its shepard.
Does it really matter (except to academics) whether it's culture or religion (it's hard to separate the two in any case)? Bottom line is we don't want them marrying their cousins or trying to restrict free speech in western countries whatever their motivations are.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Stevo. said:
Playing the devils advocate here, I did not understand freedom until I discovered it for myself. There is always an inner turmoil between the traditions of your people and one of the new civilisation you've come to call as home.
amen to that.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
bassistx said:
If there were no longer any Muslim women, it wouldn't make things better. Worse, in fact. Think of all those Muslim men - they'd rape your sister.
HAHAHAHA

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Does it really matter (except to academics) whether it's culture or religion (it's hard to separate the two in any case)? Bottom line is we don't want them marrying their cousins or trying to restrict free speech in western countries whatever their motivations are.
It matters in a practical sense imo for a few reasons:

- People are less likely to criticise something if it is seen as a religious practice.
- In combating certain ideas we don't like, we would be attacking the incorrect source and not understanding the nature of the problem.
- other things i cbf to write now, but srzly.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
bassistx said:
Are you showing off how much of a smarty pants you are?
Because you're just repeating what I said.

I'm sure they couldn't come up with an answer. Obviously....
I was being sarcastic.
lol, try hard. rofl :rofl: @ u and your posts ^_^

bassistx

HSC
Whether it's religion or culture, it does not make a difference when it comes to respect. If we said Islam was culture and not religion, it wouldn't make a difference. If we said Islam was purely just religion, not influenced by culture, it wouldn't make the slightest difference.

Because my parents are still cousins.

Understand?

Maniella, I don't understand how pointing out that he was repeating what I'd said makes me a try-hard. But you can try hard to make me understand, doll ;) Stay on topic.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
bassistx said:
Whether it's religion or culture, it does not make a difference when it comes to respect. If we said Islam was culture and not religion, it wouldn't make a difference. If we said Islam was purely just religion, not influenced by culture, it wouldn't make the slightest difference.

Because my parents are still cousins.

Understand?
lol inbred

bassistx

HSC
At least I'm not retarded. It's probably the DNA similarity that made me come out the complete opposite. I blame my parents. And science. They can't say it's "TV's fault".

I want a dog badly. A little white terrier :(

bassistx

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
When's your birthday ;)
Feb 14 lol :(
It was actually one of the best bdays I've ever had. But my parents just had to ruin it.
My mother left me prayer clothes on my bed with a note, "...hope you practice your religion, the most beautiful of religions..."
Made me angry lol.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
bassistx said:
Feb 14 lol :(
It was actually one of the best bdays I've ever had. But my parents just had to ruin it.
My mother left me prayer clothes on my bed with a note, "...hope you practice your religion, the most beautiful of religions..."
Made me angry lol.
hahahaha oh wow

posts like this make me glad my parents aren't religious :s

bassistx

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Ouch :(

Just hang out till next year kay ;)
I want a marching band next year :D
I'll be 18. Oh, the freedom!
Kinda sucks though, because "legally" I'm not 18 'til the 25th of Feb. My birth certificate is like 10/11 days late. Annoying.

I should really get to school now lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)