Save the shuttle (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Not a coffee drinker ey?
Aww now thats a pity. Nothing gets me buzzing like a double shot venti cafe mocha, hold the cream!

Btw, im interested to know who has the lecture that finishes the latest? My BEQA lecture in the MCTH finishes at like 7pm, but I know thats not the latest, bcos I think Gibbo said one of his finished at 9pm.

Anyone wanna contest it?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I don't drink coffee either, only hot chocolate, and whilst the carts are good, if you're in the vicinity, the cafe in the AIC do the bestest ones ever.

As for class times, I think the latest is 10, isn't it? Or was it 11? Meh, doesn't affect me, my discipline are nice enough to arrange a 9-5 timetable.

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
My latest is 9pm (but thats the tutorial for IRHR1110. My latest Lecture is 8pm, also for IRHR1110), but I wouldn't consider doing that unless I had a mate with me, especially since I'd be catching the train home.

Last edited:

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I love coffee :D I have gotten into the habit of drinking espresso coffee without sugar - so if its strong and i put sugar in it, i cant stomach it.

My latest lecture finishes at 7 Basden theatre. Is the campus well lit? So not keen to be walking round in the dark. I think i might invest in a handy torch.

EDIT: Since people have been saying u dont HAVE to go to lectures.. I have for Chem1010 lecture tues (the late one) + lecture wed + lecture fri. So would one lecture follow on from the other do you think - so if i didnt go to the tuesday one would i miss much?

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Campus is generally pretty poorly lit. If you walk by the roads, you'll be fine, but yes, the big grassy expanses aren't lit at night (and the lighting on the paths leaves something to be desired).
I don't know how true any of them are, but you often hear stories about bad crazy shit happenning in unlit areas of campus at night.

blue_chameleon

HSC
I guess its not so bad for me, as I've got most of my classes around the front of the uni, in Bus/Law Faculty. I know this might be a stupid question, but does anyone know how long it takes to walk to the station from around near the Bus/Law Faculty?

Or maybe I will just find out in O Week! :)

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
That's where all my classes at the end of each day are, its gonna be shithouse walking from one side of the campus to the other with a laptop, books and textbooks and watnot :(

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
I know this might be a stupid question, but does anyone know how long it takes to walk to the station from around near the Bus/Law Faculty?
It takes about 10-15 mins. If you're doing it at night it'll take a bit longer, as its recommend not to walk over the drawbridge connecting Hunter and Shortland sides, but instead to follow the roads.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i STILL don't know where the station is..but i heard it's behind the forum, and the forum is a bitch to get to..stupid spaced out campus

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
i STILL don't know where the station is..but i heard it's behind the forum, and the forum is a bitch to get to..stupid spaced out campus
It "should" be shown on any campus maps of Newcastle Uni. If you still have the "Callaghan Orientation Program" brochure you got in the mail, then there's a map on the back of that which shows it.

And just from looking at this map, im thinking its going to suck walking to the station, because the Faculty of Bus/Law is like the furthest thing away from the station. They are at opposite ends of the map! :mad1:

Awh well, looks like I will be getting fit! :)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha, i don't have any orientation stuff anymore, that's loooong gone..and i'm also well aware that it'd be on campus maps, but i don't really care since i don't need the station

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
haha, i don't have any orientation stuff anymore, that's loooong gone..and i'm also well aware that it'd be on campus maps, but i don't really care since i don't need the station
Ahhh, I see. Why dont you just go for a walk then, a big walk around? Go exploring hahaha.

Ive got nothing.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Hunter Building is an expidition in itself, I feel no need to explore (read: get lost) anywhere else!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha reckon :S

edit: jess, am i your only friend? why when i go offline, and come back on, are you gone? :p ALWAYS
turns out, we're not picking cam up right on 3
come back online *ESPN*

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Was sleeping off this cold, dudette. And now, I may just have to go, buff my nails or something, since you're obviously eating dinner (i.e., not entertaining me)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
eating dinner my ass..i was driving..for the first time in forever..not a bad effort i must say :p

and again, you're offline..i missed you by 15 lol..buy an air con?

blue_chameleon

HSC
You girls are like peas and carrots.

Have you claimed the Newie Uni section as your turf or something? Hahaha

Its good though :)

seeka

HSC
So we have come full circle,.,,, our campus sucks for being so spaced out and the lighting is shitty,,, hence why we need the secuirity shuttle to survive!
lol
then we dont have to get fit or run around with torches or walk along the roads,,, a guy in a big bus picks us up :D yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)