Scholarships (1 Viewer)

sylviasss

HSC
I was just curious if anyone has been shortlisted for any scholarships yet? What unis have notified you?

stillthinkin

HSC
I've been offered a $20,000 conditional scholarship for University of Western Sydney :)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I finished writing up my scholarship for UNSW Law about 2 days ago (1 day before closing date). :)

stillthinkin

HSC
meh, they're giving me a grant for next year as well whether I go to their uni or not. It's not really my preference but I would rather have a degree without a $40,000 debt on my back

dest

HSC
meh, they're giving me a grant for next year as well whether I go to their uni or not. It's not really my preference but I would rather have a degree without a $40,000 debt on my back
This brings up an interesting question that could be a thread of its own...
How much money is enough to make one go to UWS?
I reckon no less than a cool $1,000,000 for me

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I'm getting an APA scholarship...

don't think that's relevant to anyone else on bos though

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Am trying to get a "Start-Up" scholarship to assist in payment for textbooks and materials.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I also received the 20,000 UWS scholarship, though it wasn't on any of my 9 preferences, hehe.

Got shortlisted for a teaching scholarship, had my interview a couple of weeks ago, find out results in a couple more weeks. n_n The joys of waiting...

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
All these people coming to UWS. O__o I guess its becoming a popular choice.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
It's a really good incentive to try and steer some of the more academic students towards the university, and thus increase its reputation and results, etc. Although, I know several people (myself included) that are turning down the scholarship (as difficult as it may be) and going to other universities. There's also a lot more pressure to go to university and receive degrees in order to gain access to 'careers', and uws provides a more accessible university for a number of school leavers due to the easier access and what not. :)

Dylanamali

HSC
It's a really good incentive to try and steer some of the more academic students towards the university, and thus increase its reputation and results, etc. Although, I know several people (myself included) that are turning down the scholarship (as difficult as it may be) and going to other universities. There's also a lot more pressure to go to university and receive degrees in order to gain access to 'careers', and uws provides a more accessible university for a number of school leavers due to the easier access and what not. :)
When did you receive this scholarship? Because HSC results are not even out yet.. unless you received the "Most outstanding year 11 award"?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I understand completely... not many people are attracted to UWS scholarship or no. I'm trying to transfer out not because I don't like UWS but because I want to do another degree and other universities offer better majors.

Dylanamali

HSC
UWS - here I come :)
.. expecting an ATAR of about 95+, hoping that will get me an academic scholarship of 5k/year.

Aim: Adv Science -> Medicine

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
UWS - here I come :)
.. expecting an ATAR of about 95+, hoping that will get me an academic scholarship of 5k/year.

Aim: Adv Science -> Medicine
Good Luck and All The Best... you'll love it there... beautiful green campus and just enough student population. Plus the new Med Building will surely empower you to study.

Dylanamali

HSC
Good Luck and All The Best... you'll love it there... beautiful green campus and just enough student population. Plus the new Med Building will surely empower you to study.
Haha cheers.
Well my advanced science course is at Parramatta - for convenience, but hopefully I'll make my way to Campbelltown in year 2 if everything pans out.

How did you receive your scholarship? Was it the year 11 based award or the academic scholarship award? If so, what ATAR did you receive?
It might be difficult, but do you know an approximate ATAR cut off for the 5k/year scholarship?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)