Scriptwriters 2005 (1 Viewer)

Mythic

HSC
Hey, I'm doing a recorded radio drama, which is a bit of a different thing for me. I've written fairly successful stage plays before, but never really tried a radio drama. If anyone is interested in reading the first draft, please PM me or something. And if you have any scripts you would like read, let me know because I would love to read them.

monique66

just wondering...what is everyone up to? Are you guys started, how far along are you? Anyone had a viva voce yet?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I am doing a drama script (ie- play). My Viva Voce is next week. Some questions for anyone who may happen to know the answers- is it very important to be able to say (in a sypnosis or whatever) that the play is an exploration of this-or-that style and I'm basing it on this-or-that play and I'm analyzing postmodern influence... bla bla bla. I mean, does it have to be based in literature or postmodernism or anything. Yeah, thats a fairly stupid question, no one feel obliged to answer it... and no, I won't delete it now, it took me like, 2 minutes to write...

My play is a comedic (funny) exploration of the convention of the invisible 4th wall in theatre. Yeah. Post away script writers. I'm sorta halfway through a 1st draft (which is pretty shithouse, but anyway).

Last edited:

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
My Viva Voce is on Thursday. Eep. I have two HUGE assessments this thursday/friday. I guess I'll have to do a couple of 5-hour working nights.

I hate those.

I'm doing a play script about the consumerism of teenagers in society. Hoping it'll be funny, if not, oh well.

Pointy Ears

HSC
Hey, coincidentally, my Viva is also due, Thursday and ive also got a mathematics, 3u eng and 2u eng assessments due not long after, but at least theyre due on differnet days ay? -_-;

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
OK this CeltX program is ok.. but what I don't get is how to double space? It's a requirement in the syllabus to have a double spaced major work..

ace*

howdy people

i'm doing a script for the theatre, hopefuly as a realism play. i am having difficulty in working out stage directions. how much detail do i need to go into>?.. and are there any tips in keeping the stage directions apathetic, emotionless?... how much detail do i go into character analysis and description?....
sooooo many questions..
mind you .. i still haven't satrted...
ahhhhhh.... it's so easy to plan but not start!
if any one can help that would be great!!!
xo xo

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
It's like 2/3 through the course and I still havn't started. Perhaps I have left it a tad late?:p

leetahl

HSC
hey there ace!
with stage directions of a realism play they are usually quite in depth. have you read plays such as Summer of the Seventeenth Doll (an australian realist play by Ray Lawler)..?
these sort of plays have really invloved stage directions.. which is usually needed in a realism play. i did quite well in that topic and really enjoy realism plays.. so if you want me to read yours i am happy to help. i promise to be totally honest- and im not doing a script for MW, im doing a critical response.. so you dont have to worry about me stealing idea's or anything. let me know if you want help, i will be happy to help in any way i can. i know how stressful this stuff is!

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
KFunk said:
It's like 2/3 through the course and I still havn't started. Perhaps I have left it a tad late?:p
You'd be surprised how much you can get done if you down 2 tabs of acid and just write down what you see for the next 3 days...

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
damnation said:
haha..i love the randomness of this thread ;)
I just wish more people would post, ugh.

In other news, I hate having to focus my script. After reading those Damn Marker's notes I've had to either cut away or tie up all my great complex ideas...assholic markers.

monique66

Gavrillo said:
In other news...
hehe...it sounds like a news report. Oh yeah, i don't think there are many ppl writing scripts- at least there isn't much competition ;)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I'm doubting...how the markers are going to see my work. Whether they're going to crack open my 'zealant script and go [!!!]OMG I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE HAD MY HEART CHECKED [!!!] and die in a good way, or in a bad way...either way, I'll have the blood of dead markers all over my major work...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Yeah like, what the fuck do a bunch of stupido english teachers know about drama and scripts?! Nothing! They won't even understand that it all makes sense if you picture it on a stage and all that shit! God, we are so at a TOTAL disadvantage to all the pretentious, angsty short story writers!

Pointy Ears

HSC
Shouldnt they also be concentrating on the imagery created as well as the dialogue?

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Nah, I think it should be okay. Have you seen the teachers who mark the works? They're always published authors and mega-smart proffessors.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Yes, I'm pretty sure the markers would be good and fair and all the rest. I'm just making excuses for marks that haven't happened yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)