Section 1, Part A - Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share and discuss your MC answers here

Thanks to TheOptimist for a scan of the MC section:
Ok so here is a scan of it, note that I only took about 3 minutes doing this and my scanner is not the best in the world :)
View attachment 26697
You might have to rotate a couple of pages...

Last edited:

x_cheesecake_x

HSC
They weren't that bad, but the question about biscuits and how it modelled natural selection really confused me... Which one was the answer anyway?

It doesnt matte

HSC
Yea that was a stupid question which didnt make any sense!! I dont remember what the answer was. What did u put for the question of nitrogenous waste greatest concentration?? I put at tge collecting duct

tamarajayne94

HSC
Uni Grad
Yea that was a stupid question which didnt make any sense!! I dont remember what the answer was. What did u put for the question of nitrogenous waste greatest concentration?? I put at tge collecting duct
I did the collecting duct too!

Aliyas

HSC
Some of the multiple choice questions were confusing. For the biscuit one I put that the various species did not have the same chance for survival. It just seemed to be the best answer at the time.

Alkanes

HSC
Every one please post up their answers.

Roscosmos

HSC
Some of the multiple choice questions were confusing. For the biscuit one I put that the various species did not have the same chance for survival. It just seemed to be the best answer at the time.
I think thats wrong, because in real life different species don't have the same chances of survival, so if the biscuits did have the same chance it wouldn't be a very good model. I'm pretty sure the correct answer was the one about how the biscuits couldn't reproduce/pass on traits/genetic information, whatever the wording of it was.

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
For questions 1 to 20 I got:
1. b
2. c
3. a
4. c
5. a
6. c
7. b
8. b
9. b
10. d
11. c
12. c
13. d
14. a
15. a
16. d
17. d
18. b
19. c
20. b
Can anyone please tell me if I got anything wrong.

Last edited:

Roscosmos

HSC
For questions 1 to 20 I got:
1. b
2. c
3. a
4. c
5. a
6. c
7. b
8. b
9. b
10. d
11. c
12. c
13. d
14. a
15. a
16. d
17. d
18. b
19. c
20. c
Can anyone please tell me if I got anything wrong.
If you can post the questions I can post what I put down

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
The one about water retention in the blood???

There was an answer about ADH but that was that ADH stopped being released when the question asked about what can cause an increase in water retention :S

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
Sorry I don't have a scanner and some of the questions need diagrams so I can't type it...

khant1

HSC
Re: General Thoughts: Biology

I agree, there were some questions in the multiple choice that had no clear answer that stood out, but by applying process of elimination they were doable.

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
I think thats wrong, because in real life different species don't have the same chances of survival, so if the biscuits did have the same chance it wouldn't be a very good model. I'm pretty sure the correct answer was the one about how the biscuits couldn't reproduce/pass on traits/genetic information, whatever the wording of it was.
100% agree

Roscosmos

HSC

There was an answer about ADH but that was that ADH stopped being released when the question asked about what can cause an increase in water retention :S
I put down the increased length of that tubule that the water moves out of back into the body, cuz if it's longer there more surface area for water to pass through

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah! I ended up putting the length one :\ I had no idea :O

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I put down the passing on characteristics one......really hope I put the characteristics ones ahaha

wavess

HSC
What did people answer for question 3: which of the following are all forms of defence that prevent entry of pathogens?
A- cilia, sweat, saliva
B- T cells .. Obviously wrong
C- inflammation, skin and phagocytosis
D- stomach acid, mucus, lymph system

I answered D

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Re: General Thoughts: Biology

Can anyone post multiple choice answers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)