Section 1, Part A - Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: General Thoughts: Biology

What did you guys answer for the MC one that had the picture of the pathogen and was like which pathogen is this? Cause I was confident in my answer but my friend answered another one so I'm really confused. Lol
Fuck, I put bacteria. It was Giardia by the way.

HSC
This was meant to be one of the easiest questions but what was Girdia?? It was eukaryotic so it wasn't bacteria or prion.. Was it virus/protozoan?? I put virus :/

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad

the answer is protozoan as it said membrane bound organelles. protozoans are eucaryotic which are membrane bound. another thing look at the tail of the pathogen. it is a flagellate and protozoans are classified based on their movement.
haha giardia was one of my examples for a protozoan anyway so I knew without needing to work it out :)

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
This was meant to be one of the easiest questions but what was Girdia?? It was eukaryotic so it wasn't bacteria or prion.. Was it virus/protozoan?? I put virus :/
I put bacteria, because viruses don't have organelles, only DNA/RNA. It was too small for a protozoan I think.... and too large for a prion.

SCRAP THAT - just googled it, its a fucking protozoan :/.

cornchips1

HSC
Haemoglobin provides an adaptive advantage to an endotherm in a cold environment because it allows. A) more oxygen to be dissolved in plasma. b) the organism to decrease its metabolic rate. c) more energy to be available to the organism. d) less carbon dioxide to be transported in the blood. what did you guys put?

SandyS1995

HSC
Haemoglobin provides an adaptive advantage to an endotherm in a cold environment because it allows. A) more oxygen to be dissolved in plasma. b) the organism to decrease its metabolic rate. c) more energy to be available to the organism. d) less carbon dioxide to be transported in the blood. what did you guys put?
Ahh C i had no idea :/

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Figured I should post my answers here and not in the other thread!

1 B
2 C
3 A
4 C
5 A
6 C
7 B
8 B
9 B
10 C
11 C
12 C
13 D
14 B
15 B
16 D
17 D
18 D
19 A
20 B

I only got 10/20 in the CSSA trials, bombed out massively in that.

I hoping to get higher in the HSC though! Which I think I did.

Anybody want to tell me how many are correct?

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: 2012 hsc mc

Ok so here is a scan of it, note that I only took about 3 minutes doing this and my scanner is not the best in the world :)
View attachment 26697
You might have to rotate a couple of pages...
YAY! Now I can just stare at the cream biscuit question over and over again, forever and ever <3

Last edited:

desmol

HSC
C because it allows for more oxygen to be carried to cells --> more respiration --> more energy
and all the other answers were incorrect anyway

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
C because it allows for more oxygen to be carried to cells --> more respiration --> more energy
and all the other answers were incorrect anyway
Yay I put C as well! :)

eXanimo

HSC

What did you guys answer for the MC one that had the picture of the pathogen and was like which pathogen is this? Cause I was confident in my answer but my friend answered another one so I'm really confused. Lol

It was a bacterium, it had membrane-bound organelles from memory. Eukaryote protozoans do not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)