Section 1 (1 Viewer)

mt87

(((matty)))
HSC
yea i did fucked up section 1 dont care wat marks i get in section 1

as long as i did well in section 2 n 3....

sideshowtim

HSC
Yes, I thought the landscape question didn't have enough depth to warrant 3 marks...just hope I wrote enough for it.

dartm2

HSC
Royalist said:
Haha the cave was the house that Sheridan lived in.
Ha was it "Sheridan" i think i wrote "SHERMAN" - like the tank (repeatedly) lol

Oh well i don't think i did that question well, I said that "she" crossed out and replaced with "the persona's" perspective was changed though "her" (crossed out again) journey through the landscape.... I didn't put much emphasis on techniques at all......

Oh well Bring on the maths...

mel4dan

I thought that overall, the paper was good.

Section One - I didn't like the question about "significance of landscape" or the one about the poem, "how does the final stanza...". It was ok though, I thought we would get more than three texts, so I guess that meant less time reading, more time writing. I wrote about 6 pages I think for that section.

Section Two - I was scared when I first saw, "He" as my story is based on a girl, but I just rearranged it a bit to make the "he", her grandfather and just made it work from there. I had to add a couple of paragraphs that werent in my original story, but other than that I think it worked. I wrote 6 I think for that section too.

Section Three - "More than anything else, physcial journeys are about the interpretation of the new". I thought this was a little weird at first, but I decided just to agree and talk about how journeys bring about change and that they are unpredictable so you have to face "new" things when emabarking on them etc etc. I wrote either 10 or 11 pages for that section, I cant quite remember.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
The first text was sort of strange but doable - I thought the first question (the one mark) was easier than normal, as it essentially just asked you to pull something straight out of the quote.

The second text: hell. I don't even know how that was a journey. Further, I don't see how the hell the landscape was relative to it at all. I doubt I'll get more than one mark for that.

The third text I thought was really great. I thought she wanted to travel because of the imagined romance of travel - I cited the romantic imagery of dancing to jazz on an ocean liner and being an archaeologist in Egypt.

I think I did something a bit different for the bit about the final stanza - I said that it allowed us to value things of beauty at home as well as far away, as the idea of ghostly ewes in a cold moonlit orchard was just as romantic and mysterious as a wolf pack in the Andes. I think the comparison between the ewes and the snow leopards indicates that.

As for the final question ... I just said that texts one and three both depicted journeys taken alone and in the mind, and hence that they were personal because solitary mental journeys are not known about by those not undertaking them. Found a few techniques for solitude and imagination. Repeated myself a bit because I didn't really understand what they meant by the personal aspect of the journey, but I think my answer came out OK eventually.

I'd be hoping for a 12 or 13 all up.

Last edited:

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
GJV said:
I read that poem three times during the reading time and i was so confused because i thought the question asked about the 'Girls' not 'Girl's' so i was like "what girls????" lol "theres only one girl here" duh

Other than that, i think i did alright on that section. I may have lost a couple of marks because I'm totally confusing sometimes lol

It said "girl's"

adgala

HSC
this year's section 1 was certainly harder than most years
i don't think i had enough depth for some answers :(

jaclyndebono

HSC
Its horrible reading this stuff and realising how poorly you performed!
i dont think i did horribly but i thought it said 'photographs' so now when i read back on the questions its like "whats wrong with you?" haha but i spoke about photographers too...i always write wayyy too much
the prose wasnt too bad...i mostly spoke about the conflicting perceptions of how individuals approach the journey...like the writer had this assumption of the 'cave' but then realised its beauty and 'sweetness' of the landscape..is that right?
the poem i suck haha i knew it was imaginative from the beginning but it was difficult to explain the last stanza ! i didnt know that 'e' word meant female lamb or whatever so i was like err an eouuww is staring at her 'oh no!' ..

AND the creative story stimulus was crap! gee they are reaaalllyy going to have fun reading sixty two thousand stories of an old man..i mean where else can you REALLY go with that !

Sir Loin

HSC
Text 1 was easy. Visual techniques + blah.
Text 2 wtf? landscapes relate to journeys how? uhm, he's a hobo? oh crap...
The poem was nice, lots of techniques + references I could pull out, yay different experiences.
Last Q. Techniques + relation to texts 2+3 and ideas of the journey represented + blahblahblah.
Didn't think I did too badly, though my responses were a little short.

HSC
Well I think I did pretty well overall...but I didn't understand the landscapes question...I wrote something like 'the authors description of the landscape using <insert technique> shows that this is an australia setting etc etc

berra

HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
How could you relate physical journey to the poem? it was about imaginative journey.

Did you talk about imagery and first person narrative for the prose fiction? Also the use of questions which are sort of directed at the reader? I went so bad.
uhm... havent ur teachers told u that paper 1 dusnt necessarily mean that the questions r gnna b based on physical journeys? like u answer it according to the text... we're lucky section 2 didn't throw us off completely by asking an imaginative journey (but i still ahted that section)...

also, lots off ppl were saying d girl in d poem was on a farm... lol, i dnt rememba no farm, but probz coz i didnt focus on it.. what i tlked bout was enjambment, desires, change in point of view from present, past to present, the journey was an imaginative one, her longing/desires, pre-conceived perceptions bout the journey, etc, etc....

anddd, for section 1 text one, uz noe how it asked sumthing like choose 1 photograph n ..... (gotta fish memory) lol... did u guys do 1 frame (as in the 2 pics in d 1 frame), or d individual pics? 2 b on d safe side, i did the frame up d top n i asked my teacher afta d exam, n she sed dats wat we had 2 do... so i was quite relieved... anywho.... cnt wait till HSC BLOODY FINISHES!!! :D

wdoueihi

2006 HSC Student.
HSC
Sgs2006 said:
Yea it was fine, I almost stuffed up question1 when I thought it said "photographs" when he actually said "photographers" lol
I hope 13+
o fuck i made that mistake too except i didnt realise till like 5 minutes after the exam~~~~~~~~ that was fucking hard. i worte down that the poem sends messages of caution to the reader by associating the cold ambiance with embarking on journeys

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
linda143 said:
omg i hate this exam. it was really shit. i didnt finish da section one but i think i did ok in da odas. i didnt understand wat the question about rabbit proof fence was.
what the...

LOL

rabbit proof fence?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Royalist said:
The landscape question wasn't at all that bad. I said something along the lines that it was significant to the writer as it could inspire his writing and influence him to write about the beauty in nature.
Sweet. Wrote that as well lolz.

karoooh

HSC
Boots Riley said:
The poem was easy, its the question about text two I didn't like.

I didn't really know what to say. Other than that the Section I wasn't bad.
QFT

A CAVE?! I mean, WTF? :(

boris2003

HSC
good luck for the rest of the exams
Anyway, i don't think anyone did worse than me for section 1. It is not because it's hard, but because i didn't have enough time, we were suposed to spend 40 minutes on it, i spent 7 minutes, leaving part f blank. That's noly cause i'am a slow writer, thoguh i practiced on holidays, my speed didn't improve that much. I am lucky however that i did really well in the other 2 sections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)