Section 1 (1 Viewer)

niknik610

HSC
Thade said:
I bullshat all over Section one.

^^^Bad imagery. :D

At least the story excerpt was easy to interpret, as well as the photographic record. I'm holding the paper right now, and even with the might of the internet, I still can't interpret it. I'm screwed as it's probably really easy and obvious. =P

Edit: I also went on about the farm and stuff. :)

DUDE, WHAT FARM??!! SIIFFFFF there was a farm..hahahahahaha
that wasn't even the main point of the poem!!! LOL

Mel_b

HSC
I thought the poem was really good, and certainly much better related to journeys than the other two texts. I thought it was fairly easy to interpret - she's bored and isolated and she fantasises about getting away. The first two stanzas are contrasted with the last, the last stanza helps us better understand her motivations and the personal significance of her imaginative journeys, as a form of escapism. The one problem I have is that it asked you to 'provide' a reason why she had the desire for new experiences - implying that the answer was explicit in the text. If it had said 'suggest' it would have been more obvious that you're expected to read between the lines.

The photographs were alright, but the second text, while an interesting read, wasn't really a journey (I mean, I can see where it was going, but the actual extract was just the first step). I thought the landscape question was a little bizarre.

I also thought the personal nature of the journey question was a bit off.

My teachers commented that they thought it was the hardest section of the paper.

I think I did alright, but reading is always my worst section in the journeys paper. I'm not sure I mentioned techniques explicitly - but then, I don't think techniques used by the authors really contributed toward the ideas we were being asked about.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Mel_b said:
I thought the poem was really good, and certainly much better related to journeys than the other two texts. I thought it was fairly easy to interpret - she's bored and isolated and she fantasises about getting away. The first two stanzas are contrasted with the last, the last stanza helps us better understand her motivations and the personal significance of her imaginative journeys, as a form of escapism. The one problem I have is that it asked you to 'provide' a reason why she had the desire for new experiences - implying that the answer was explicit in the text. If it had said 'suggest' it would have been more obvious that you're expected to read between the lines.

The photographs were alright, but the second text, while an interesting read, wasn't really a journey (I mean, I can see where it was going, but the actual extract was just the first step). I thought the landscape question was a little bizarre.

I also thought the personal nature of the journey question was a bit off.

My teachers commented that they thought it was the hardest section of the paper.

I think I did alright, but reading is always my worst section in the journeys paper. I'm not sure I mentioned techniques explicitly - but then, I don't think techniques used by the authors really contributed toward the ideas we were being asked about.
I wrote that the repetition of the word 'sandstone' symbolised the age of the man was old. Also that he hasn't made any choices to increase his living standards, and all this other stuff which hopefully would relate to the question :\

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
berra said:
anddd, for section 1 text one, uz noe how it asked sumthing like choose 1 photograph n ..... (gotta fish memory) lol... did u guys do 1 frame (as in the 2 pics in d 1 frame), or d individual pics? 2 b on d safe side, i did the frame up d top n i asked my teacher afta d exam, n she sed dats wat we had 2 do... so i was quite relieved... anywho.... cnt wait till HSC BLOODY FINISHES!!! :D
I only did one photo. Was that wrong? I did the top right one, of all the photos on the ground and a person looking at them. Should I have done the one next to that aswell?

Royalist

HSC
Significance of the landscape is central, as to influence the writer and give him enthusiasm for his writing, shown through the...
I actually sat there , having wrote "enthusiasm" and i left a space for "influence" as i couldn't think of the word! haha i had a huge mental blank..

abhi_89

abhi_007
HSC
Tim035 said:
Can someone verify that I interpreted the poem correctly.
I assumed that whilst we thought all the things she was doing in the central part of the poem she was actually doing, in the end paragraph we discover that these are actually imaginative journeys through experiences she's had reading books.

Other then that the photos and text were easy enough to make an assumption on journey about. And text two was easy enough to analyse.

Overall though I felt this section really vantaged those who did inner journey, I mean the whole 'personal aspect of the journey' thing is very much inner journey.
your absolutely correct about the imaginative part at the end.. BLOODY HELL I SPENT AGES UNDERSTANDING THE DAMN JOURNEY AND AT THE END WE FIND OUT ITS HER LOUSY IMAGINATION !

abhi_89

abhi_007
HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
I do phsyical journeys and I really screwed section one up. I would be surprised if I get more than 8/15.

For the last question, did you repeat what you put in previous questions?

What techniques did you talk about?
i think whoever did physical journeys would have had a hard time with section 1 cuz i certainly did ..

i swear the whole shit was on imaginative or inner .. fuck you board of studies

JhK89

HSC
Bloody People Wont Stop Coughing I Couldnt Fkn Concentrate Those Bitches

niknik610

HSC
no i don't think the whole section was dealing with just inner and imaginative journeys.

Text two - the prose extract was like a physical journey don't u think? how the persona followed Sheridan around and went to the cave and stuff....

it wasn't that bad guys....

mrpie

HSC
Omg Skrzynecki Is Soooo Hot! I Was So Wet Writing About His Poems!!! I Got A Huge Erection Thinkin About Crossing The Red Sea.

niknik610

HSC
mrpie said:
Omg Skrzynecki Is Soooo Hot! I Was So Wet Writing About His Poems!!! I Got A Huge Erection Thinkin About Crossing The Red Sea.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

mariyamo

VIP
HSC
The Logical One said:
I fucked up e) because I'm a fucking retard and I don't deserve to live. Me, being the genius that I am decided to do section 1 last. (I don't understand the logic myself, shoulda done section 2 last. Either way, by the time I got to the final question of section one time had almost run out, and me being the retard I am didn't realise that WANDERLUST was written in 3RD PERSON untill it was too late to change which had the personal representation of Journey. There goes about 2-4 marks of one section, god damn I'm a retard. I didn't sleep either so by the time I got there I was exhausted.

All in all... that was a hard exam.

Yea i get wat u mean, i did the same thing with the order of the exam. I only had like 20mins to do section 1 n I didnt finish, I didnt even read d texts properly wen I was answering them.

Keskimo

HSC
[/QUOTE] AND the creative story stimulus was crap! gee they are reaaalllyy going to have fun reading sixty two thousand stories of an old man..i mean where else can you REALLY go with that ![/QUOTE]

lol i agree with that

kittikat

HSC
hahahah .. i totally agree .. i freakn hate section 1.. i do not get any of the stuff they putted in there.. did you know SHERIDAN was a DUDE .. i didnt know that man until a person said it .. ^^

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
kittikat said:
hahahah .. i totally agree .. i freakn hate section 1.. i do not get any of the stuff they putted in there.. did you know SHERIDAN was a DUDE .. i didnt know that man until a person said it .. ^^
Isn't the fact that the story repeatedly referred to Sheridan with 'he' and 'him' a bit of a giveaway?

HSC
can someone please tell me what [1e] is... because the "she" the poet refers to is reading a book about eat travel writer and we know that in the second stanza but there is nothing in the third????

im seriously lost..i hope the modules are easier

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
LottoX said:
Shhhh You don't want to spoil it yet.

Seriously though, I see no journey in that text.
Neither. Apart from a journey through a paddock. And I don't think that counts.

Maybe I could have talked about how the paddock symbolised his loneliness.

Actually, on second thoughts, that's exactly what I talked about. God dammit.

$hiftyIceQueen said:
can someone please tell me what [1e] is... because the "she" the poet refers to is reading a book about eat travel writer and we know that in the second stanza but there is nothing in the third????

im seriously lost..i hope the modules are easier
I interpreted the third stanza as showing that the ordinary things at home can be just as amazing as things imagined far away, symbolised by the comparison between the sheep and snow leopards. That followed from my (d) in which I said that she wanted to travel for the romance of dancing on an ocean liner or digging for artifacts in Egypt.

Others saw it as her growing bored with her mundane existence, symbolised by the boring sheep.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)