Section I - Multiple Choice and short answers (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
LostAuzzie said:
These were my answers, dont know if they're right:
1. C
2. D
3. C
4. D
5. B
6. D
7. B
8. A
9. A
10. C
Correct me if you think any of these are wrong
I got B for 3

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
For questoin 8 I personally dont think D is correct because not ALL religious leaders would have endorsed it, I had C and then changed it to B in the last 3 seconds. But now I think im a dickhead cause I reckon the answer is A haha.

I wasnt that prepared for the short answer questions eh especially the 2nd 6 mark one where it asked for TWO religious traditions responses to the list. Had to basically ramble about bullshit. . .

Kutay

University
HSC
Joe, can you post the questions? for the multiple choice ? i cant remember them and didn't take the sheet i forgot

JoeysBoy

HSC
I thought the Toungue speak one was new age religions. Arn't pentecostals like happy clappers who think its wierd if you talk in different pscyho toungues? I spend about a minute thinking about this question... lol...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
JoeysBoy said:
I thought the Toungue speak one was new age religions. Arn't pentecostals like happy clappers who think its wierd if you talk in different pscyho toungues? I spend about a minute thinking about this question... lol...
Tongue speakers = pentecostals.

johnny_87

HSC
1. C
2. D
3. C
4. D
5. B
6. D
7. B
8. C
9. A
10. C

That's my 10.

LostAuzzie - The only difference I had to you was #8. I thought that since Christians were supporting the war, it included Catholics, many of whom were Irish, so they would NOT want to strengthen links with Britain. However, I think I misinterpreted the question and that A might in fact be correct.

johnny_87

HSC
That was a pretty simple multiple choice section on the whole.

Luckily my cramming this morning meant that I LEARNT about abortion and so wasn't screwed for that question.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
QUESTION 8
hmmm you guys are probably right :(

DAMMIT...whys didnt i stop and think??
but if that wasnt the answer...what could the answer be?

Nadia-Jane

HSC
1 - C
2 - D
3 - C
4 - D
5 - B
6 - C
7 - B
8 - C
9 - D
10 - C

They were my answers. As for Question 8, i put (c) that it strengthened christian unity in Australia. I dont know if thats correct but i know the first two are more incorrect, and (d) can't be correct seeing as though there was a definate division between religious leaders as to support it or not.

An extract from my notes - 'WWI Christians and their leaders were divided over whether conscription was right or wrong. Daniel Mannix (Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne) led the campaign against conscription.'

And i also had difficulty on question 9, i wasnt sure which answer was more correct, A or D, i ended up putting D only because i thought that 'important of the land' seemed a tad specific to base their entire purpose of Aboriginal spiritualty to be based on.. but meh who knows i have the knack for choosing the least correct answers in multiple choice.

Is anyone confident that they know the answers to
question 6 - which of the following best described how religious traditions responded to the great depression?

question 4 - what is the purpose of interfaith dialogue?

and question 5 - Which of the following was a significant effect of missionaries?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
snapperhead said:
answer was D) Pentecostal Groups.

I actually thought the MC was quite easy. The only one Im umming about is #8 (the one on Christians supporting conscription.)
It will be interesting to see what the Board reckons the answer is.....
They said "many Christians" but not a majority of Christians, so I said that it was to increase ties with Britian.

What would you have probably put?

crossmyheart

HSC
4. (D) to recognise common elements among religious world views
5. (B) many aspects of traditional Aboriginal society and languages were lost

as for 6. i didnt no whether it was B OR D,

what was 7

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
They said "many Christians" but not a majority of Christians, so I said that it was to increase ties with Britian.

What would you have probably put?
I personally think its A as its the least wrong of the lot......

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Snapperhead is the answer to 3 b or c
I chose C-physical landscape but others reckon it was the "world" answer
which one?
aboriginal question referring to.

Anu.Gasper

johnny_87 said:
LostAuzzie - The only difference I had to you was #8. I thought that since Christians were supporting the war, it included Catholics, many of whom were Irish, so they would NOT want to strengthen links with Britain. However, I think I misinterpreted the question and that A might in fact be correct.
the catholics didn't like the british, but they some wanted to prove their loyalty to the country...which is kinda pointless dont you think??

dan_da_man_is

HSC
yeah that question 8 was strange... cos there was definite division with Mannix and Catholics totally anti-conscription... but i put christian unity rather than british links.. what did everyone else put?

always_smile

HSC
For question 8 my class of 12 put the answer A.

But every body got different answers for 6. I did not know if the answer was B or D.

One teacher at school said that the government was predominately christian at the time and that christian leaders did contribute significantly to the policies of the government. And that the answer D was misleading because did they mean Christain or Judaism communities or did they mean town communities. Because SVDP provided not just to Christains they provided to Jews as well during the Great Drpression. Also, some churches provided for lots of communties. for example St Mary's in Sydney during the Great Depression collected goods for rural communties like Dubbo and Lithgow, not just for the communities living in Sydney.

So what does every body else think the answer was to question 6?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)