• Help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and exam papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • We are looking for new moderators to join the Bored of Studies team!
    Click here for details

Section I: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Tbomb2k

T.K
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
46
Location
Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
melaniemelanie said:
formula for real gdp for year 3 is

820.0 multiplied by (100 divided by 125)

which gives 656. :)
I thought that it would be 110 divided by 125 because the current year minus previous year divided by previous year etc????
 

melaniemelanie

New Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
23
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
wce06 said:
This is right; buying CGSs would make a flow of money AWAY from the government, and c) isn't logical; the budget deficit is already there so the gov can't increase taxation/decrease expenditure - if they did, it wouldn't be a deficit!
yeah buying govt securities is in D, not A, A is correct, its hear right in front of me in the textbook :)
 

melaniemelanie

New Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
23
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
melaniemelanie said:
yeah buying govt securities is in D, not A, A is correct, its hear right in front of me in the textbook :)
thats the exact formula i was using in past papers! and i kept getting them wrong, i dont know where i got it from, but yeah i was using the years cpi over previous cpi, and then i looked in the textbook, and you actually just use the 100 over the present cpi, hasnt got anything to do with previous cpi, dont no why just follow the formula they give me haha :p
 

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
324
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
1 D
2 C
3 D
4 A
5 C
6 D
7 D
8 C
9 D
10 C
11 B
12 A
13 D
14 A - "Borrowing funds from the RBA" - disused, but legitimate, and correct.
15 A
16 B
17 A
18 A
19 B
20 B

Almost certain of their correctness.
 

aurel

New Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
25
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
No the formula for real GDP = nominal GDP x 100 / CPI (its not divided by the inflation rate)

So 656 is right.
 

Tbomb2k

T.K
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
46
Location
Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
aurel said:
No the formula for real GDP = nominal GDP x 100 / CPI (its not divided by the inflation rate)

So 656 is right.
ahhh ok. fine i have to settle with 19/20 lol.
 

followme

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
79
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
My answers to MC:
1) D
2) C
3) B
4) A
5) C
6) D
7) D
8) C
9) A <---- sighs
10) C
11) B
12) A
13) D
14) A
15) A
16) B
17) A
18) D <---#$%^&
19) B
20) B

hopefully 18/20
 

hsc=luck:(

New Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
2
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
hey guys, for number 7 isnt it C, because as the quota decreases, local producers will face more competition (no protection).
And for 9, is it B?do they talk about the TWI, if so it should be an appreciation for Japanese yen...:bomb:
 

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
752
Location
The Void
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
I'm gonna go through page-by-page, ok?

1. D (Obvious)
2. C (Obvious)
3. B (Higher GDP + Higher Literacy + Lower Motality? You bet ur ass!)
4. A (Kinda obvious)

Ok, next page...

5. C (If inflation goes up... u can continue that line of thought...)
6. D (kinda obvious)
7. D (Less of something in the country to bother you, right? So less competition, right?)

Next page...

8. C (Be very wary of the calculations...)
9. D (Process of elimination...)
10. C (Honestly, i was thinking "WHAT BENEFIT" but then i chose C...)

Page 6...

11. B (ToT is about PRICE, so we sty with PRICE, k? And the ratio os exports/imports, not the other way around)
12. B (Uh, I forgot the equation, so i guessed =P. But the smartest guy in out grade also chose B for this one! So...)
13. D (Kinda obvious)
14. A (B,C,D will NEVER happen. K? And A is soo textbook stuff...)

Turn over...

15. A (Obvious)
16. B (This this so many times it wasn't funny...)
17. D (Actually, i have no idea. Someone convince me!)

Last page!

18. A (CYCLICAL, yeah?)
19. A (This got me thinking... It couldn't be B, because AID would be in the current account transfers. C is an income credit in the current account. D is a credit, no matter how you look at it. So, by process of elimination I am left wth... A. Yet it still kinda looks wrong... "Interest" repaid... sounds like income debit...)
20. B (Process of elimination.)

There are my answers. My biggest conflicts are 12 and 17, i guess. 19 i'm 90% convinced.

-P_D
 

jfan30

New Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2006
Messages
17
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2006
hsc=luck:( said:
hey guys, for number 7 isnt it C, because as the quota decreases, local producers will face more competition (no protection).
And for 9, is it B?do they talk about the TWI, if so it should be an appreciation for Japanese yen...:bomb:
A decrease in a quota would reduce the amount allowed in so reduced comp. 9 is def not b, because in the table it shows a depreciation therefore the amount of trade with japan is decreasing.
 

barrel_roll

Harmonic Dissonance
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
26
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
i don't get why 7 is d...
i got b instead...didn't the quota increase?

....


shit!
 
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
568
Location
Epping
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
P_Dilemma said:
I'm gonna go through page-by-page, ok?

1. D (Obvious)
2. C (Obvious)
3. B (Higher GDP + Higher Literacy + Lower Motality? You bet ur ass!)
4. A (Kinda obvious)

Ok, next page...

5. C (If inflation goes up... u can continue that line of thought...)
6. D (kinda obvious)
7. D (Less of something in the country to bother you, right? So less competition, right?)

Next page...

8. C (Be very wary of the calculations...)
9. D (Process of elimination...)
10. C (Honestly, i was thinking "WHAT BENEFIT" but then i chose C...)

Page 6...

11. B (ToT is about PRICE, so we sty with PRICE, k? And the ratio os exports/imports, not the other way around)
12. B (Uh, I forgot the equation, so i guessed =P. But the smartest guy in out grade also chose B for this one! So...)
13. D (Kinda obvious)
14. A (B,C,D will NEVER happen. K? And A is soo textbook stuff...)

Turn over...

15. A (Obvious)
16. B (This this so many times it wasn't funny...)
17. D (Actually, i have no idea. Someone convince me!)

Last page!

18. A (CYCLICAL, yeah?)
19. A (This got me thinking... It couldn't be B, because AID would be in the current account transfers. C is an income credit in the current account. D is a credit, no matter how you look at it. So, by process of elimination I am left wth... A. Yet it still kinda looks wrong... "Interest" repaid... sounds like income debit...)
20. B (Process of elimination.)

There are my answers. My biggest conflicts are 12 and 17, i guess. 19 i'm 90% convinced.

-P_D

HEYYYYYYYYYYY.... P_Dilemma .. how was it? .. according to your answers i would sscore 16/20...

Cheers... xoxo
 

TNguyen

Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Messages
47
Location
sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
17 is actually a) bro not D

a decrease in labour costs means lower costs of production meaning producers can produce more, thus increasing supply.
 

arkanisw

New Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
26
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
hsc=luck:( said:
hey guys, for number 7 isnt it C, because as the quota decreases, local producers will face more competition (no protection).

seems like there's so much confusion over 7.

just look at the graph, after the quota decreased, the price went UP for oversea goods right?

so oversea goods are now more expensive, meaning domestic goods are cheaper and hence less competed





TO be honest i have NO idea why q13 is D, and why the other poster says it's obvious..

:p

i wish someone could explain tat one clearly to me..

but lol actually no, i dun intend on keeping my economics with me
 

sideshowtim

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
214
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
P_Dilemma said:
19. A (This got me thinking... It couldn't be B, because AID would be in the current account transfers. C is an income credit in the current account. D is a credit, no matter how you look at it. So, by process of elimination I am left wth... A. Yet it still kinda looks wrong... "Interest" repaid... sounds like income debit...)


-P_D
the answer is b. from the textbook:
"The second item is capital transfers in the form of foreign aid to assist other countries to build up their infastructure or capital stock (such as an Australian donation to build a bridge in the Solomon Islands)
 

sideshowtim

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
214
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
i also think 20 is d not b. we see the gini coefficient rising yeah? that means in increase in inequality, remember the closer the number is to 1 it means greater inquality. the only thing you could put this rise in inequality down to is a reduction in taxes for high income earners because they are now paying less tax.

edit: damn i misread the question :( didnt see the since 2003 bit.
 
Last edited:

moskvich

New Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
2
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
Wasn't 20 C??

Seriously, the curve shows that inequality rises and drops..

C is micro reform..
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top