Section I: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

yupgisonyun

HSC
bellanchez said:
14 was d)

because used to borrow from RBA but all it caused was inflation as all ur doing is increasing money supply without increasing supply of G/S. so dont do it anymore
The question quotes 'could' be used not is 'being' used....
Well b and d are out of question coz they're about buying securities...
If you buy securities.. then it costs you money so it will only add to the deficit!!
To finance a deficit... then you'd have to sell securities to obtain money in return
So it comes to A or C...
For C, you can increase taxation... but i don't know about reducing government spending in order to finance what you've alreday spent...
I had a dilemma between A and C...
but I chose A in the end...

Last edited:

jfan30

HSC
i reacon 14 is A. this is an actual thing they did in the 80s, caused alot of inflation, so they dont use it any more. but it is an actual method.

urgay

HSC
yeh its definitly the rba one. um yeh 19 is b cos it is not a donation it is funding for 'infrastructure' and capital investment
i think i got full marks in multis
hey i know this is multi choice but wiht that one about which groups always get high unemployment i know its like indigenous, young old foreign etc but could u put females because of discrimination and they are 'underemployed' because they might like to be hired for full time work but instead cos of expectations that they will have kids andd stuff ppl employ men over women for full tiem work. i did that and the old age one but du u rekon i could get it evn tho its not specifically stated in the text book?

zedzed

HSC
oh shit, dropped 2 marks. stupid silly mistakes!!

ryan2k6

HSC
    • oh dam my bad 14 is A - read from syllabus
    • The second method of financing a deficit is for the Commonwealth Government to sell CGS to the Reserve Bank. This form of borrowing from the Reserve Bank basically means that the government prints money to finance the deficit. The Government has not used this method of deficit financing since the deregulation of the Australian financial market in 1982.

bellanchez

HSC
Cgs are issued to the value of deficit purchasers offer to buy at certain amount at certain i rate, tenders are accepted from lowest interest rate to highest i rate. this selling of cgs in dom market provides money for which deficit can be run.

urgay

HSC
who cares economics scales ok too oso well be fine

ashhoward

HSC
cazzafullerton said:
i think 19 is A not B... foreign aid from the Australian government is part of ''net current transfers'' which is on the current account not the capital and financial account
the interest repaid overseas is a debit on the net income account in the CAD and is not in the capital and financial account as none of the principal is being repiad, while foreign aid is in net current transfers, there is an escpetion where the aid goes towards the builidng of infrastructure and economic development i.e. the roads in bali

felix the cat11

Pirate Love
HSC
i need some advice on question 7. people are saying d but i think its c as with smaller quota wouldnt that mean that a smaller amount of imports are restricted, therefore there would be more competition? i changed my answer from d to c at the last minute and i think i just robbed myself of a mark haha.

urgay

HSC
ashhoward said:
the interest repaid overseas is a debit on the net income account in the CAD and is not in the capital and financial account as none of the principal is being repiad, while foreign aid is in net current transfers, there is an escpetion where the aid goes towards the builidng of infrastructure and economic development i.e. the roads in bali
yeh i think we got that :eek: , actually its been establishd like 10 million times duh!

HazamataX

HSC
cazzafullerton said:
i think 19 is A not B... foreign aid from the Australian government is part of ''net current transfers'' which is on the current account not the capital and financial account
Noooo...fundamental error uve made there its only foreign aid if its AID and nothing more. Building roads represents FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT to build infrastructure does it not? I believe thats part of the KAFA...so 19 is B. Overall economics multi choice is SYNCH when compared to PHYSICS!!! No tricks or anything at all and basssic calculations...The 35 mins they recommend for it is bullshit. I did first 60 marks in 1 hour. That left 2 hours for the essays and i still needed more time. its all about the essays

TNguyen

HSC
here's my answer im pretty sure this is 100% except for question 11

1.d
2.c
3.b
4.a
5.c
6.d
7.d
8.c
9.d
10.c <---------- it is c part of the leading edge since poorer population will aim harder to work longer and harder to get more money
11.b <---------- i'm not sure if this is right i know that the terms of trade is recorded export price index/import price index, ie: to do with prices but something tells me it's to do with quantity.
12.a
13.d
14.a
15.a< -------- not so sure bout this one... doesnt net capital inflow mean they gota demand more aus $ to exchange therefore increasing demand?
16.b
17.a
18.a
19.b (yep gets recorded in capital and financial since it's used in development of infrastructure)
20.b

Last edited:

fullyoverschool

HSC
Multiple Choice Answers
1. D
2. C
3. B - i suck at mathsy questions, so i wrangled this one out
4. A
5. C
6. D - not sure about this one, had an absolute blank, i was annoyed cuz i'd just read it the night before
7. D
8. C
9. D
10. C - think its wrong, increased incentive isnt economic benefit, it'd be D?
11. B
12. D - again, bloody maths
13. D
14. A - Odd, another blank
15. C -I think i put that one.
16. B
17. A
18. A
19. B - Another one im annoyed about, read it last night too.
20. D

I probably should have done better than i will. At least they were good, interesting, generally easy questions.

HSC
1 D
2 C
3 B
4 A
5 C
6 D
7 D
8 C
9 D
10 C
11 B
12 A
13 cant remember i think D
14 A
15 A
16 B
17 A
18 A
19 A
20 D

melaniemelanie

HSC
dammmmmmmmmnit i got the quota one mixed up i think i read the question wrong as i thought it was a decrease in the QUANTITY of the good allowed in which would mean an INCREASE in the quota, but i think in the question it is referring to the diagram as the change in quota?
am i correct im confused. oh well that means 18/20 roughly.

Tbomb2k

T.K
HSC
can any1 explain 12. i got b and it works out for me... y is every1 gettin a??
can any1 write out the maths 4 me plz!

wce06

HSC
yupgisonyun said:
The question quotes 'could' be used not is 'being' used....
Well b and d are out of question coz they're about buying securities...
If you buy securities.. then it costs you money so it will only add to the deficit!!
To finance a deficit... then you'd have to sell securities to obtain money in return
So it comes to A or C...
For C, you can increase taxation... but i don't know about reducing government spending in order to finance what you've alreday spent...
I had a dilemma between A and C...
but I chose A in the end...
This is right; buying CGSs would make a flow of money AWAY from the government, and c) isn't logical; the budget deficit is already there so the gov can't increase taxation/decrease expenditure - if they did, it wouldn't be a deficit!

melaniemelanie

HSC
Tbomb2k said:
can any1 explain 12. i got b and it works out for me... y is every1 gettin a??
can any1 write out the maths 4 me plz!
formula for real gdp for year 3 is

820.0 multiplied by (100 divided by 125)

which gives 656. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)