Section II - Crime (1 Viewer)

dougie88

I blitz the exam. 6months ago i did a assignment of juvenile justice. OH YEAH!!!

Lozzz

HSC
Yep

Revolution said:
I wrote 7 pages. I thought the Crime question was fairly straightforward, myself. Stuff about Institutionalised Inequality and Access to the Law, Punishment fitting the Crime, etc. Not hard at all.
EVEN if you did write about institutionalised inequality.... that is from the law and society syllabus, so they would they even be allowed to EXPECT that as an answer???
It was so ambiguous and unsyllabusish!! It seemed like they just wanted the most obvious answers, but as soon as I started writing them I got worried that I was way off track so I did a dog of a conclusion and moved on...

Crappy mcCrap..!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah i started blabbering on about random stuff.....i really had no idea what exactly the examiners were looking for; it was too ambigious in the question's phrasing.

A VERY narrow focus for a 7 mark question. Usually they try to avoid the obscure parts of the syllabus.....

cimbom

HSC
Very, very straight forward... but the female v male juvenilles thing was ridiculous. How can they seriously expect anyone to construct a 7mark answer for something like that from the entire crime topic?
I'm just really glad they didn't ask about law reform. I was totally expecting a crime law reform thing because they haven't asked it before.

Mellonie

HSC
Pro Gamer said:
I wrote quite a bit but am not sure how relevant it was, can someone who is very confident explain the 7 and 12 mark question?

7. I think what they required was... the fact statistics show "male students generallu had higher rates of participation in each offence then female students" thefrefore they would be treated with harsher sentencing then females in court system... go on about that for awhile

then also police will use their decretion upon males more therefore discrimination... ooccuring in criminal justice system

also females have emotional inadequacy... compared to males therefore uno like the judge could take pity on females more

expanded on each of them

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
so we really did need to compare females n males? or compare and contrast how the offenders.. (either female or male which i thought wasnt relevant) as juveniles are treated.. i focused more on the youth issue rather than the gender issue..

Mellonie

HSC
i thought it wanted compare both of them cuz it said compare and contrast and in the thingy they gave us... it said males have a higher crimes rate or wateva then females

JayBMc

HSC
This question was so fucking odd...When my class did Crime - our major focus study - and assessment task - was on the Juvenile Justice system....And he told us yesterday that we should really study stuff on the JJS and Pre and Post Sentencing issues - helped fo much - I have this big bumpy thing on my rude finger cause I wrote too fuckin much!

for_amusement_o

HSC
that was such an evil question!! i kept away frm the male & female thing, (i dont ever remember doing that in class) made up things in general such as young ppl being targeted & exploited by police and being ignorant of their rights & the legal system. the one about juveniles & adults was worse tho - this was def the worst section of the exam. v interested on outcome of complaining to bos but i doubt much will be done about it - if enough ppl complain to the media tho something might be done...

Mellonie

HSC
for_amusement_o said:
that was such an evil question!! i kept away frm the male & female thing, (i dont ever remember doing that in class) made up things in general such as young ppl being targeted & exploited by police and being ignorant of their rights & the legal system. the one about juveniles & adults was worse tho - this was def the worst section of the exam. v interested on outcome of complaining to bos but i doubt much will be done about it - if enough ppl complain to the media tho something might be done...

Why should ppl complain? if everyone did shit.. everyone will be scaled

nooluvzmicky

HSC
um im pretty sure that your wrong there, i mean they can only assess whats in the syllabus.. n if your teacher didnt follow it im sorry but its kinda your bad luck

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
white_spazzy said:
i thought it was the easiest crime question i had seen out of all the papers i looked at. however the questions were a little bit curly...not the typical

haha sorry but need to disagree with you there.... 2001 -2003 to me was pretty much easy... 2004 was all right... this years question wasn't... particularly to my liking... i don't remember my teacher placed much emphasis on anything to do with questions like that.. well to do with juvenile and yeah just that

Mellonie

HSC
ngmares said:
because some people may have done that kind of stuff on males and females as extra stuff at school... it's not really fair to be assessed on something that you weren't told you had to know or study

well let me assure u we never even did juvenile let alone female and males.. its not even in the syllabus really like difference between males and females.. i just thought about it n answered i dont even know if its right what i put

Mellonie

HSC
o0_jolie_0o said:
haha sorry but need to disagree with you there.... 2001 -2003 to me was pretty much easy... 2004 was all right... this years question wasn't... particularly to my liking... i don't remember my teacher placed much emphasis on anything to do with questions like that.. well to do with juvenile and yeah just that

i guess ppl who new their young offenders act 1997 (NSW) scored well...
u cant do much really that uno ppl didnt study aspects of it... were all on the same boat

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Mellonie said:
then also police will use their decretion upon males more therefore discrimination... ooccuring in criminal justice system
I said this, then crapped on about how otherwise they face the same issues of not knowing about the legal system blah blah....so screwed

sly fly

HSC
Yeah I'm with ngmare......I memorised the syllabus and that 7 marker q had nothing to do with anything in the syllabus......I don't think the 12marker did either. Btw, for that 4marker question.....I just wanna make sure - it was asking about situational/social crime prevention right?

Mellonie

HSC
jezzza said:
i think it was just a bullshit exam.....

i dont think it had much to do with studying the legal studies text book and syllabus anyways. you could just crap on...

did anyone also write about doli incopax in the juvenille contrasting between the adults in the end?

i also wrote about childrens court how it was closed and 'in the camera' and so kids and stuff wouldnt have as much publicity to the media etc.

i also wrote how the financial costs were placed greater on the juvenille then with the adult and also i wrote about how this tied in their eduction and instituionalised inequality??

can anyone comment on what i just said?

Hey yer, i did closed court too... but the financial cost for juveniles r usually paid for by legal aid without having to go do the legail aid test thing so its actually greater on the adult... but it shouldnt matter u have the concept! :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
for the essay i took it as a general evaulate thing but involving both young ppl and adults
-talked abt having to testify when accused doesnt, coulkd be tramatusing for young people
-legal aid provided subject to tests and children get legal aid no questions ask
-victims compensation
- accused found innocent cant be compensated for time on remand
-childrent get lesser punishments may seem unfair to the victim

other stuff i cant remember

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)