Section II (1 Viewer)

m27

HSC
Hey guys, for the cube/vanishing point question, does the lines of perspective (lines that are from the vanishing point) have to be dashed or can it be continues?

georgiee_

HSC
What was the answer to the question about the ship? I wasn't quite sure.

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: General Thoughts: General Mathematics

I only knew the vanishing point thing because of being an art student; You get taught about it when you're learning to draw buildings. It's the term they use to describe the way that all lines around you seem to head towards a single point, due to your perspective, if that makes sense.

Other than that, I didn't find it desperately hard and the bit of study I did really helped. I really enjoyed doing the estimate the seal population thing for some reason...
Trig will be my downfall; I didn't like the shadow thing.
This was the only question I wasn't sure about. Otherwise the rest was pretty easy, I'm happy!

georgiee_

HSC
You had to calculate the distance of the bike rider.
"What is the total distance that Raj cycles, to the nearest kilometre?".. If you mean that question, I can't remember my answer. But I used the figure that we had to find in 'i' + 64km + the remaining two sides that I found by using pythagorus.

jayq94

HSC
what about 29 d) - the superannuation question

i think i stuffed that up

catherineinabox

HSC
Re: General Thoughts: General Mathematics

But wouldn't you have to include d in the size of the flags shadow? Because otherwise its not a triangle. And its only half the length of the flags shadow

I went height of the flag/ height of man = 3+d/ d

Then i worked it out algebraically.... have no idea if this was right though... prob way off

georgiee_

HSC
I was talking about 29) c)
I didn't do that flag pole question, stared at it for a while and then just gave up.

jayq94

HSC
Question 30 a)

did anyone get 26 hours?

b) iv)

was it any value greater than 300?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I only knew the vanishing point thing because of being an art student; You get taught about it when you're learning to draw buildings. It's the term they use to describe the way that all lines around you seem to head towards a single point, due to your perspective, if that makes sense.

Other than that, I didn't find it desperately hard and the bit of study I did really helped. I really enjoyed doing the estimate the seal population thing for some reason...
Trig will be my downfall; I didn't like the shadow thing.
I am actually sooooo glad that at least one person got this right. Everyone on my Facebook is going crazy about it.

I explained it like:
"Vanishing points are used in computational maths for graphics. It's where objects seem to come together and "vanish" on the horizon.
For example, drama a road with trees beside it and you'll find at the sides of the road meet where the road "vanishes" on the horizon, even though they are parallel lines that will never actually meet in other forms of mathematics.

Or something.

Yay!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)