Section III - Personalities (1 Viewer)

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Hatshepsut was brilliant! Straight forward dot points!

wild_rose

HSC
Cleopatra anyone?
Unsure about how much I should have written for the first one. I think this year's questions ( in general the whole paper) was pretty vague

Corruptivetaint

HSC
caesar was shit as

a) describe military activity prior to 60 BC - not much scope there at all, he didn't fucking do anything except some service and stuff in spain!
b) discuss the nature of his reforms as a dictator - this was okay, but still pretty boring, who gives a shit

sooo many interesting things they could have asked about (ie. assassination, civil war, triumivirate) and they focused on the shit and paltry aspects of the syllabus....i don't feel i did bad, but i could've done so much more with better Q's!
^ This, Caesar did hardly anything before 60BC. I just talked about Pirates, Spain and a tiny bit on Gaul before realising it was before 60 BC... I still managed to write 3 and a bit pages, so i'm happy with that.

(B) Was pretty easy, not sure if I understood the nature, I just went on about how they benefitted him and gave examples of reforms that did that, then went on about how this made his reforms modest and didn't impress anyone as they were just old reforms on a larger scale.

thelighthorse

HSC
This was a fairly terrible part A for Caesar. I only wrote 2 pages about Asia, Spain and Brutus/Lepidus revolt - pretty annoyed they asked this of us! Hopefully it will be moderated, I can't imagine people did very well for this.

Allykay

HSC
N/A
Cleopatra anyone?
Unsure about how much I should have written for the first one. I think this year's questions ( in general the whole paper) was pretty vague
completely vague. I struggled to write enough... and i basically wrote a story :(
how much did you write for both the a and b sections ?

Implying

HSC
Cleopatra anyone?
easy as hell imo. Might lost a mark because i had a bit of a brain fart and said her brother was Ptolemy IV

M

MichelleV

completely vague. I struggled to write enough... and i basically wrote a story :(
how much did you write for both the a and b sections ?
It was a very very broad section.
I mean seriously, she inherited the throne as the eldest child because her father died t_t

I wrote 2 pages for a and 4 for b.

Allykay

HSC
N/A
I mean seriously, she inherited the throne as the eldest child because her father died t_t

i know.. there isn't much more you can really involve.. i threw in stuff about the feuds and the civil war. I wrote 2 pages for a and 3 for b, i only had 15 minutes for b... so granted the essay is nothing special at all.. Oh well i'm just glad it's over. Cleopatra was the only section which kind of derailed me.

Stephaniex

HSC
I did Hatshepsut. Fairly easy though that will perhaps be what trips me up haha. I was not expecting a "why" question which made me have to stop and think about it a bit more.

jellybeans4me

HSC
Pericles, 10 marker on building program and 15 marker on military achievements. Pretty simple, really. Wasn't expecting it based on how easy the last years exam was.
you're kidding right? this section screwed my hsc. the building program was easy sure but his military achievements? there are so many of them and i forgot them all. at least everyone else in my class and my teacher thought that it wasn't too nice a question.

HSC

It was my trial question and you basically should talk about the Alexandrian Civil War, through which she SECURELY became queen.

Woot part a is like a story anyway whatevz I think I diverged into the present tense just cause I was... narrating.

lockedbox

HSC
you're kidding right? this section screwed my hsc. the building program was easy sure but his military achievements? there are so many of them and i forgot them all. at least everyone else in my class and my teacher thought that it wasn't too nice a question.
same, all i could remember was the chersonnese campaign and the black sea expedition. I could remember about that revolt but I couldn't remember what the island was called :/ so I ended up tacking on two paragraphs about his role as stratagos and corcyra. That counts as military, right?

musing

HSC
same, all i could remember was the chersonnese campaign and the black sea expedition. I could remember about that revolt but I couldn't remember what the island was called :/ so I ended up tacking on two paragraphs about his role as stratagos and corcyra. That counts as military, right?
This was the question that had me stumped and absolutely flabbergasted. I was expecting something along the lines of democracy or contributions to "Golden Age" and they had to choose a boring-ass question instead. Anyways, I just wrote some BS how he wanted to spread democracy through his military campaigns and to what extent it was successful. I also elaborated on his military failures in causing the Peloponnesian war or some shit - the question said "discuss" right? I chucked in ancient historians like Plutarch and Thucydides there and here to support my bullshit.

far2nice4u

HSC
seriously Caesar before 60AD? And focusing on only military?
Stuffed it up big time, thought that section of the syllabus wouldn't be asked considering last year was a question relating to his career before 60AD -____-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)