Semester 1 2012 Timetables! (1 Viewer)

JayCakie

HSC
I have a question:

How long does it take to get from FCE Computer Lab 1 to the Australian School of Business 107? Do I have to rush? ASB 107 is a tutorial so....

Please help! After seeing what some people are saying about rushing to class, this concerns me because I'm not very confident with navigating around UNSW. Will my tutor mind if I'm a few minutes late to class? Especially if the distance is so far away?

Also another stupid, yet simple question... do the classes have to be one hour long? Like in high school where classes were dictated by a school bell? Can lectures be short sometimes e.g. 50 minutes? :s

HSC

Kinda annoyed that I have a 1 hour lecture on Monday (cannot change it, one of those fixed lectures with no alternatives) especially since it takes me 4 hours combined there and back :/ So will probably use that day either for the gym, library etc. :)

Also, yes, just 3 subjects. Not too good at handling 4 subject pressure, especially not with chemistry as one of them. Maybe next year when there are more subjects related to my major/minor available.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I have a question:

How long does it take to get from FCE Computer Lab 1 to the Australian School of Business 107? Do I have to rush? ASB 107 is a tutorial so....

Please help! After seeing what some people are saying about rushing to class, this concerns me because I'm not very confident with navigating around UNSW. Will my tutor mind if I'm a few minutes late to class? Especially if the distance is so far away?

Also another stupid, yet simple question... do the classes have to be one hour long? Like in high school where classes were dictated by a school bell? Can lectures be short sometimes e.g. 50 minutes? :s
FCE computer lab? Not sure where that is, unfortunately.

And your tutor won't mind at all if you're late. If it does bother you, go a bit earlier from your previous class so you're not late to your tute.

What subjects? Too small, can't read them.

sakurashizune

HSC
Uni Grad
University Timetable.jpg

So who's in my class??

And how bad is the walk, particularly on Thursday?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Red Centre to Biomedical is probably the worst. The rest are... okay, doable.

RawrJohnT

HSC
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/unswtimetable.png/] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

Question: I didn't do physics for the HSC, nor have I ever done physics... How important is bridging physics at this point? Would I be able to get through without bridging?

Also, I did 2U mathematics (not general) and apparently this is Extension Maths stuff i'm getting into... wat do?

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/unswtimetable.png/] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

Question: I didn't do physics for the HSC, nor have I ever done physics... How important is bridging physics at this point? Would I be able to get through without bridging?

Also, I did 2U mathematics (not general) and apparently this is Extension Maths stuff i'm getting into... wat do?
More importantly, study stuff from the 3U maths textbooks. You may struggle if you don't know the 3U stuff. Going ahead on some 4U stuff may assist your uni learning. As for physics, don't worry too much about it, just read a HSC textbook, understand the concepts, skip the society part (they don't test society related stuff in uni physics).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
View attachment 24176

Is this a horrid time table...which places can I not walk to in time ? Thanks
I wouldn't survive with that (from a back to back classes perspective). You might, you never know. You might be able to handle many hours of class back to back.

Most of the walks there are quite long. So... yeah. You're often walking from upper to lower campus, like John Clancy to Physics, or CLB to Physics or Red Centre to John Clancy...

You'll quickly figure out the time you need to take and what time you have to leave the earlier class to not be late for the later one, and the like.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Thanks :) Which once do you recommend me to change? as in which walks are not practical within that 10 min time frame people are talking about?
They're walkable, some of them just take 10 minutes. So I'd suggest leaving as quickly as possible so you're not really late to your next class. Not that anyone cares, but picking your seat is a nice luxury to have.

And D94, can't you put anything else on Tuesday? Spread the load.

D94

HSC
N/A
And D94, can't you put anything else on Tuesday? Spread the load.
Possibly, but I think if I do, there's going to be like a 5 or 6 hour gap on Thursday or a clash somewhere. I think it's fairly spread out, although the 3 lectures in a row on Wednesday is somewhat worrying.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Possibly, but I think if I do, there's going to be like a 5 or 6 hour gap on Thursday or a clash somewhere. I think it's fairly spread out, although the 3 lectures in a row on Wednesday is somewhat worrying.
Hmm. Well, if you want you can always go here: www.timetable.unsw.edu.au and scout a new timetable that might work. You get to see what classes are full and can make a new timetable that way. That is, if you used rectangles or didn't manually pick classes.

But seriously, if you have time - go on the Timetables website and see what other possibilities there are. You might find a new timetable you like.

Thanks Shadowdude.. I hope most ppl at UNSW would be helpful like you. Thanks again :D
You're welcome.

But uhh, yeah... most people I think would be helpful to you over there. I think most will realise there's an influx of first years that need guidance.

Remember if you still need help - your internet buddies here on BoS are always happy to help!

CypherX

HSC
UNSWTimetable2nd.png

How long will the walks take between my classes?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Mathews to Keith Burrows/Red Centre is quite a walk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)