Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2006) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libbster

HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter

who went to the protest today. i just went to the front lawns but didn't actually go into railway square because I had a chemistry quiz.

i must say i was very disappointed, no one got bundled into paddy wagons/beaten by police clubs/sprayed with mace lol

Generator

HSC
N/A

Libbster said:
i must say i was very disappointed, no one got bundled into paddy wagons/beaten by police clubs/sprayed with mace lol
That all happened after the students left the University :) (link).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Libbster said:
who went to the protest today. i just went to the front lawns but didn't actually go into railway square because I had a chemistry quiz.

Our very own Schroedinger a whack for taunting police dogs.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Brogan's and mine IBUS2101 lecturer today:

"I can see this hasn't penetrated all of you yet. However, we will do it again. We will do it again in another lecture." *wink*

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

ECOP1001 lecture argument was the best, i was the only one who clapped when the liberal dude pwned the commie womyn.

this weeks edition of the bull:

letter:

letter in the bull said:
Dear Bull,

I am writing to promote awareness of an underrespresented minority on campus, that of the Zombie Transexual. Most of us do Humanities.

Do not ignore is. We have valid opinions on everything, from pie pastry to the Ganges; if our ideas had legs they would be long and stately, with expensive shoes.

I have gone through too much in life to waste my unnatural, second life, withering away out of the People's Consciousness.

This is one undead androgyne standing elegantly up for all on campus.

With love, Callista xxx.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC

i went to the lawns, laughed at the meagre gathering of gays, got a free sausage roll and went back to class

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC

can i say what's ironic?
the people at the rally today were protesting AGAINST VSU and "student poverty issues" (such as not being able to claim YA and naughty GST on books). This doesn't make sense. If VSU came into effect then we would be $500 richer every year...thus that $500 can go to our pocket money and to spend on books.

Am I correct? Like, duh!

Some_Guy

HSC

latvia said:
I had murray smith today.
same. and today i have officially decided to no longer go to ecmt lectures.

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC

Some_Guy said:
same. and today i have officially decided to no longer go to ecmt lectures.
But you'll fail!
The prick's making us take notes now ( >___\\\\)
I'm thinking about buying Murray a respirator in case he carcs it mid-lecture...on second thought such an action would CONTINUE his life - when we all want to end it.

Some_Guy

HSC

didnt he say he would leave notes up for 1 day only? cos i dled week 6 notes off blackboard and it looks like the CLT stuff i saw before i walked out.

adambra

HSC

The notes were for both week 6 lectures in one PDF file. At least forcing us to take notes will help me stay awake.

jellybeenz

HSC

I have been looking forward to this break for the last two weeks- hoping it would give me a chance to catch up and prepare for my upcoming assessments...

Ugh. I just got Scrubs on dvd. My friends all want to meet up and do stuff, everyone wants to go out... blah blah blah... Doesnt look like much work will be done, i need 2 weeks goddammit!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

I know how you feel- I have 3 essays and a mid-term after this break and I need to study, but BoS is proving to be unhelpful in aiding this process.... :(

Generator

HSC
N/A

Though I may have 3 essays to get through, I think that my time would be better spent watching a few seasons of Stargate SG1.

I hate my bloody BA.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

lol ive been watching a few stargate episodes today.

I have an assignment due this tuesday (Almost done), then 3 assignments worth ~40% each due mid-may and a mid-semester exam 2nd week back.

sounds like fun.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

My letter was published in Honi! Huzzah!! (even though Honi is a rag)

Dear Honi,

Perhaps its just laziness but I fail to see how the only Union Publication stand in the entire campus that doesn't have Honi Soit on it each Wednesday is the one closest to your offices on Level 2 of Wentworth outside Smart Eats

The stand itself seems to be overrun with every other publication under the sun, like the Epoch Times and Drum Machine N.B: yes I realise that this is a mistake and no such magazine exists, what I meant was Drum Media, but I was so tired at the time!!! I hope you musos will forgive me!!! With all the the rhetoric about the importance of our SRC and Union, a stand clearly labelled UNION PUBLICATIONS doesn't even contain our weekly SRC Paper.

A high volume of students pass this stand each day. Perhaps it may be worthwhile to send someone on the very long, 200m trek from the SRC Offices upstairs each week to deposit some there?

Regards,
Susan Ong
Economics & Social Sciences II
For the record, the sarcasm seems to have worked, because I picked up my copy of Honi this week from the said publication stand.

Tom Watsons letter on the same page is pretty funny too.

And I'll be so glad when Elections are over. :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

ujuphleg said:
My letter was published in Honi! Huzzah!! (even though Honi is a rag)

For the record, the sarcasm seems to have worked, because I picked up my copy of Honi this week from the said publication stand.

Tom Watsons letter on the same page is pretty funny too.

And I'll be so glad when Elections are over. :)
Tom Watson's letter is not funny, it's idiotic. why go on the expalin wat he thinks would happen if something else happened, when he doesnt even think the second thing would happen. it was just a cheap dig at gays, femminists and pro-choicers

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A

You guys actually read that shit?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

townie said:
Tom Watson's letter is not funny, it's idiotic. why go on the expalin wat he thinks would happen if something else happened, when he doesnt even think the second thing would happen. it was just a cheap dig at gays, femminists and pro-choicers
Ok, I concede he's a dick. However, since I'm running on one hours sleep (oh and the half hour I grabbed on the train this morning) it seemed funny at the time.

In hindsight, you're right its not that funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)