Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amber44

HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

bazookajoe said:
God she has absolutely no idea what's going on. Is she just high all the time or something?
It's for her hand remember, she ain't really a drugo, atleast that's her excuse!

Stazi, what's P&G/your opinion on the new variations introduced under the Head and Shoulders brand. Personally, I'm not a fan. It's actually taken away from what H&S is, an anti dandruff shampoo, and now it's just too confusing. Although from P&G's point of view, I guess it was such a strong brand that it would've been stupid to restrict it to only afew lines.

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
P&G hasn't been in australia for very long though, which is probably why. I think it only opened shop here in 1990.
But we had all those brands, didn't we, how does that work?

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC

The company pays for the marketing company to market their products.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Stevo. said:
The company pays for the marketing company to market their products.
No. P&G own all these brands and are involved in their distribution, marketing, everything.

amber44: Most brands currently owned by P&G have been bought in the last 10-20 years or so.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

amber44 said:
It's for her hand remember, she ain't really a drugo, atleast that's her excuse!

Stazi, what's P&G/your opinion on the new variations introduced under the Head and Shoulders brand. Personally, I'm not a fan. It's actually taken away from what H&S is, an anti dandruff shampoo, and now it's just too confusing. Although from P&G's point of view, I guess it was such a strong brand that it would've been stupid to restrict it to only afew lines.
I'm a big fan. H&S is flat in terms of sales. There is no growth, and high support is needed (in terms of advertising, price reductions, etc.). It's also perceived as a masculine brand: they needed to change this. They also needed to eliminate the embarrassment people face when they admit they have dandruff (even to themselves).

It's still essentially a dandruff shampoo/conditioner, but there's new fragrances to appeal to a broader market. For example, I would never have tried H&S before, but I went out and bought the menthol fragrance one as it feels awesome and tingly on the scalp, plus you smelt fresh for a while afterwards. I think women will be especially likely to try the products, as some fragrances will appeal to them, like the citrus one.

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
I'm a big fan. H&S is flat in terms of sales. There is no growth, and high support is needed (in terms of advertising, price reductions, etc.). It's also perceived as a masculine brand: they needed to change this. They also needed to eliminate the embarrassment people face when they admit they have dandruff (even to themselves).

It's still essentially a dandruff shampoo/conditioner, but there's new fragrances to appeal to a broader market. For example, I would never have tried H&S before, but I went out and bought the menthol fragrance one as it feels awesome and tingly on the scalp, plus you smelt fresh for a while afterwards. I think women will be especially likely to try the products, as some fragrances will appeal to them, like the citrus one.
Awesome.

P.S. Your sig is much better, fits the screen this time.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

amber44 said:
But we had all those brands, didn't we, how does that work?
as waf said, many of those brands are recent acquisitions. P&G also would have sold some brands through distributors here, without actually being based here. They may have decided that H&S is too difficult a brand to market through the distributor model.

CurlyRuby

HSC

Since we're talking about hair, my hair is awesome. You've never seen curls as good as mine :D

Also, KM, I can't believe you went to a Keith Windschuttle speech. Ew.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

He was at YL council, and was boring as batshit.

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
as waf said, many of those brands are recent acquisitions. P&G also would have sold some brands through distributors here, without actually being based here. They may have decided that H&S is too difficult a brand to market through the distributor model.
Thanks guys for the clarification.

HSC

MY hair is awesome. It has been described as a 'dark halo' :shy:
Both dark AND shiny.

EDIT: Hence CURLY ruby.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

I asked him what he had in store for us in his Honi coumn next semester. Needless to say he denied it was even him writing them.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

I have the finest hair in the known universe.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC

Didn't you admit to fitting the 'Asian fob' profile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)