Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah I always find the first assessments in first semester kick my arse. I need the summer sun to wear off before I get SERIOUS, and I usually do better in the second half of first semester, and in second sem.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What is it with people not having umbrellas today? Was it somehow sunny this morning where you live and decided to leave it at home? How can you spend all day wet drudging from lecture to lecture, yuck!
People were queuing up in Wentworth newsagency to buy $20 umbrellas. :p

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
What is it with people not having umbrellas today? Was it somehow sunny this morning where you live and decided to leave it at home? How can you spend all day wet drudging from lecture to lecture, yuck!
Lol actually, there was barely a cloud in the sky when I left home today at 7.30. Got to the city and died a little inside but at least I always keep one of those shitty cheap collapsible umbrellas in my backpack.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
microeconomics
454/750, due today at 12pm

i am stuck because i cant find info on what happens when a monopolistically competitive firm lowers its prices >_<

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
the fact that my computer is slow as fuck doesnt help either, especially when trying to find info online and the browser keeps freezing.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
microeconomics

i am stuck because i cant find info on what happens when a monopolistically competitive firm lowers its prices >_<
Ouch. Good luck. Apparently that's a bitch of an assignment. (The Coles/electricity etc one, right?)

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
microeconomics

asian parents know what they are talking about, see what having a boyfriend does to your studies?

bio_nut

HSC
I have been to like 6 lectures this semester. They have nothing to do with doing well.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Lectures are only important in Ed, where they will fail you for not attending (or make you do a make-up tasks if your attendance isn't good enough).

And even then, if you have a friend to sign you in it's all good.

Went on my pre-prac visit today.

Pros- good class. I get to go on camp during my internship haha.

Cons- the maths textbook is crap. There's no hands-on stuff, no group work, no investigations (how they think they're met 'Working Mathematically' outcomes is beyond me). SO I will have to create a unit of work and just get them to do pages out of the textbook that support that unit, even if they're out of order (doesn't matter, since the textbook doesn't present the content in any logical way).

I think if I do science/maths with these kids the way I want to (i.e. the fun way) they will shit themselves. I'm just worried that they'll be rowdy because they're not used to the fun stuff, but hopefully I can manage that.

HSC
My biochem lecturer draws stuff on the board which does not turn up on the electures so I should really go...

but I don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)