semester #1 exams... (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yeh, I have three more subjects to go that I'm doing next sem by distance so I can finish this year. I have some of my course work already and I'm super excited *nerd* :D

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
em_516 said:
Yeh, I have three more subjects to go that I'm doing next sem by distance so I can finish this year. I have some of my course work already and I'm super excited *nerd* :D
Sweet.

What you looking at doing when finished? Staying in the castle or getting out of here?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Um, I don't think I really have any career options post-degree atm..Maybe if I was super smart and always paid attention, but I didn't and yeh I just have like zero confidence re: my current education anyway. So I'm planning on doing postgrad in planning, because at least that way I can look in the papers and SEE 'planning' jobs (plus that gets some good moolah!). I'm probably going to do postgrad by distance as well, so that I'm not tied down to any place and can move to wherever I find a job, but at this point it looks as though I will be stuck in Newie for a while longer yet :( I mean I love the place but I REALLY want to get out, but.. there's like no point. I don't know anyone anywhere else and I'm too chicken to set myself up alone at this point :eek:

Wow that was way too much information, sorry :p
What about you?

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
Um, I don't think I really have any career options post-degree atm..Maybe if I was super smart and always paid attention, but I didn't and yeh I just have like zero confidence re: my current education anyway. So I'm planning on doing postgrad in planning, because at least that way I can look in the papers and SEE 'planning' jobs (plus that gets some good moolah!). I'm probably going to do postgrad by distance as well, so that I'm not tied down to any place and can move to wherever I find a job, but at this point it looks as though I will be stuck in Newie for a while longer yet :( I mean I love the place but I REALLY want to get out, but.. there's like no point. I don't know anyone anywhere else and I'm too chicken to set myself up alone at this point :eek:

What about you?
Yeah, im here until sem1 2009, to finish my degree. Other than the library work (which is more for something different than anything else) im working in a financial advisory firm in Hamilton to get some 'hands on' experience with clients. I don't think it's a long-term prospect though, and i'll be looking to reloate probably to Syd or Melb to join one of the major banks in 2010.

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:

What about you?
Meh, we are all here too. :(

You gotta take the plunge at some stage though, right? Have you thought much about where you'd like to live? Job prospects? Until you start thinking about those things seriously, then just don't worry about it.

It's not realllllllly that bad here. *gulp*

em_516

bludging..
HSC
jumb said:
I wanted to find the "Don't forget you're here forever" plaque from the simpsons but all I could get was the after one :(
Good job a-hole :(

Chris: way to pseudo-double-post. That's really awesome that you have a good footing in the industry you want already and everything, bah. And you know what you want etc. Do you enjoy it?

I've thought about moving to Melbourne, my bro and his gf live there so I wouldn't be ENTIRELY alone but I can't really rely on them, they have their own lives. Other than that there's no where I'm particularly dying to move to. I suppose if there's a really awesome job going somewhere that I want/get then I'd go there but yeh, want friends :( lol. I'd rather be on the coast though, I like edges :p

Job-wise I pretty much just want anything full-time (or close-to). Environmental/community development-related would be great but as I said, I really don't feel in any way knowledgeable enough yet :S (plus tonnes require experience, dumb). Atm I just want something to keep me afloat till I get a decent way through postgrad and can start looking at some serious planning jobs.

I've always said I don't see the point in moving out while I'm living in Newcastle since I can just stay with my mum and dad, but god, if I'm gonna be stuck here for a while, IF I get a job I think I'll move out in town or something and attempt to grow up or something haha.

Tl;dr. Someone else share their life story, yeh?

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
Good job a-hole :(

Chris: way to pseudo-double-post. That's really awesome that you have a good footing in the industry you want already and everything, bah. And you know what you want etc. Do you enjoy it?

Yeah, I'm really enjoying the work im doing and it is awesome that it's related to what im looking at getting into, but its a massive juggle. I'm far from having a 10 yr plan and all that crap. I don't see how they work anyway.

Man, I wish I could live with the 'rents hey. Would be much much cheaper, and I wouldn't have to cook. You've got a good deal there. :)

em_516 said:
Well.......im getting breasts for christmas. Should be a D cup, as long as the surgery all goes to plan.

EDIT: This thread needs more jumb, matt et al.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
You've got a good deal there.
See..everyone says that and I GET it but I really want to get out hey. Want to do my own stuff.

Stuff 10 yr plans though. A guy at work was talking about this the other day and he was like "Man, are you doing what you thought you'd be doing 2yrs ago" and we were all like "Ha, nup."..I mean I'm currently working in SCONE for gods sake. Did not see that happening :p So no, don't bother making life plans lol.

blue_chameleon said:
Well.......im getting breasts for christmas. Should be a D cup, as long as the surgery all goes to plan.
Oh, how exciting for you! Will you be going the whole way or are you just planning on having them solely to rub all the time :p

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Chewing all my hair off.
Nah I'm doing a Green Corps project. Pretty much community development for drop-kicks. Stupid-low pay, not what I expected AT ALL butttttt I am kinda glad I've done it and surprisingly it will help me get other jobs. Not a GREAT help, but a help lol.

Edit: My nan lives here so I'm living with my grandparents..

From hell.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
EDIT: This thread needs more jumb, matt et al.
back due to popular demand!

Emily, you should apply somewhere like the Hunter Valley Research Foundation. They've got a couple of students working there afaik, and it'd be a good thing to have on ur resume if u were looking to follow town planning. When i was there for Work experience there was a lady there and her husband was head of the NSW Department of Planning in Newcastle so there might even be contacts in it for you.
They do loads of stuff on demographics and surveying.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
em_516 said:
So I'm planning on doing postgrad in planning, because at least that way I can look in the papers and SEE 'planning' jobs (plus that gets some good moolah!).
That's what I'm thinking of getting into. Experience is a killer though.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
See..everyone says that and I GET it but I really want to get out hey. Want to do my own stuff.
Yeah, I can understand that. I loved it when I moved out, because I could do my own stuff. I guess it depends on what you want more too: save a few bucks, or get some independence. I get what you mean though.

Oh, how exciting for you! Will you be going the whole way or are you just planning on having them solely to rub all the time :p
My Milkshake brings all the boys to the yard,
And their like "It's better than yours"
Damn right, It's better than yours,
I can teach you, but I have to charge

em_516

bludging..
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Yeah, I can understand that. I loved it when I moved out, because I could do my own stuff. I guess it depends on what you want more too: save a few bucks, or get some independence. I get what you mean though.
Where abouts do you live now? Close to uni or in town? If I moved out in Newie I reckon I'd go townish (if I could afford it) even though I don't go out a lot at the moment, I'd like to think I would if I was super close. It's too much of a hassle going there all the time from home, pft.

Graney: What did you write at 1.13am that you had to correct at 3.51am?!! lol. I know the time's are off but STILL!

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
Where abouts do you live now? Close to uni or in town? If I moved out in Newie I reckon I'd go townish (if I could afford it) even though I don't go out a lot at the moment, I'd like to think I would if I was super close. It's too much of a hassle going there all the time from home, pft.
Live in Birmingham Gardens. Exactly 10 minutes walk to the AIC, 15 to Jesmond. :)

Before that, I lived on the Central Coast, with no car. So yeah, 4.5 hour commute just to get to uni. Was rubbish. Lasted 6 months.

I thought about living in town around hamilton even, but then I realised, no, bad option because i'd be going out HEAPS. So, I took the preventative option of living near the uni.

<3 waking up 20 mins before a lecture in the morning, and being able to make it there on time.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
10mins to get ready lolgross.
I have no need to live near uni now. I never go out HEAPS anywhere, so getting out more probably wouldn't be a bad thing for me haha :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)