Semester 1 timetables 2011 (1 Viewer)

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
yes but what if 500 other people have the same idea as me, we arent all going to fit in carslaw 157 i dont think
This is why you go to the lecture listed on your timetable

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
not spending 4 hours travelling for 1 hour of class, so no.

I've never had a staff assisted timetable change before. Does it ruin your whole timetable or can you just get one tute (for example) moved?

jet

Banned
HSC
It pops up with the latest timetable before you logged off and any times you've blocked off.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
isn't it sorta the same thing with usyd, whoever logs into the timetabling system first and processes their timetable gets the best classes? or is it already picked beforehand? idk. i don't understand it.
People who log in first don't necessarily get the best classes. Everyone's place in a class is automatically allocated by the system but spots open up as people start to customise their timetable (as we do obviously). So sometimes you get a better timetable after the initial rush of people logging in.

It's all just chance really.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
and then say if i wanted a tute moved, timetabling people would only move that tute right?

jet

Banned
HSC
People who log in first don't necessarily get the best classes. Everyone's place in a class is automatically allocated by the system but spots open up as people start to customise their timetable (as we do obviously). So sometimes you get a better timetable after the initial rush of people logging in.

This.

and then say if i wanted a tute moved, timetabling people would only move that tute right?
Maybe, maybe not. It depends if those tutes are full or still have places for students in them. Every time they block of a chunk of time to move classes, it reallocates your timetable.

Last edited:

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Yes, assuming you don't have another class at the time. Otherwise, they'd obviously have to shuffle your timetable.
You can always just "turn up" to that tut class, but if you get a mean tutor, they can turn you away depending on how full the class is.

pathway27

Sleepy Member
HSC
[

Better... i guess... wed need a change...

Attachments

Last edited:

speedofsound

HSC

ah okay, thanks!

Yes, assuming you don't have another class at the time. Otherwise, they'd obviously have to shuffle your timetable.
You can always just "turn up" to that tut class, but if you get a mean tutor, they can turn you away depending on how full the class is.
oh good! how many people are in tutorials, roughly, anyway? i just hope usyd can give me one of the tut times i want on monday.

benfitz22

Premium Member
HSC
If I customised my timetable so that I now have to only go on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and then didn't load another timetable, is that the one I get? Like is that one set in stone? I've printed it out and all that but just checking that I won't be told "sorry your timetable is wrong" by anyone?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
i dont know, put a cap on the number of enrolments per day for a week or something so everyone has a fair shot.
And hypothetically speaking, if the cap had already been exceeded, and you hadn't made your timetable because of work, you'd be bitching away as you are now. =P

fifteenstep

HSC
why are some timetables inconsistent ..? some weeks i have a class and other weeks i have a different class. it's going to be so hard to keep track of.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
unsw is awesome, we all made our timetables last year from 10th december, no hassles at all, just sign in and get ur classes before they fill up.

i've never had a problem since first year, sure the first day you can enrol is the busiest and would have server lag but we just keep at it if we want the best timeslots.

no problems whatsoever.

LastK

HSC
GOD, Your timetable has difficult clashes and needs to be allocated by a timetable advisor. Click here for availibility of advisors. : (

I'm not in Australia right now and can't get back until 28th. What should I do now....? Can I just withdraw one of my UOS?

---------

Edit:

After dropping one UOS, I got this

7pm.... Jesus...

Last edited:

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
GOD, Your timetable has difficult clashes and needs to be allocated by a timetable advisor. Click here for availibility of advisors. : (

I'm not in Australia right now and can't get back until 28th. What should I do now....? Can I just withdraw one of my UOS?
You able to take your timetable to an advisor during the first week of university as well.

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
cannot believe im coming back here

anyway, im now a BSci Student doing a bio major and I want to primarily focus on Human genetics

Ive fucked up my subects that im taking cos i didnt really bother, and just wanted to put stuff down
so i need to change the Maths Classes im doing, get out of doing Living Systems and Do Psych and Human Bio instead
as much as ive tried, i cant change subs online
so i have to do this at Oweek on the Wednesday yes? can someone please confirm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)