Semester 1 Timetables (2 Viewers)

izzy88

HSC
View attachment 24424

Hmm I have a Law tutorial a few hours after a Law lecture. I know people say tutorials start in week 2, but it specifically says on the timetable that the tutorial starts in week 1. How are you expected to prepare/study for a tutorial that's only a couple of hours after the lecture?
It looks like the course has changed a bit since I studied it, however the tutorial content may not follow the lectures at all. When I studied foundations of law the lectures were just guest speakers speaking about random things, and we had 2 two hour tutorials a week - lots of reading and lots of discussions. There was no exam for foundations - just assignments.

Don't worry about it - they have structured it knowing when the lectures are and when tutorials run - they're not that silly to do it in a way that won't work :p

x3Reii

HSC
I can't change my timetable for some reason. I ticked a day to make it unavailable and then I go 'collect a new timetable' but its exactly the same as my previous one. Any help?

izzy88

HSC
I can't change my timetable for some reason. I ticked a day to make it unavailable and then I go 'collect a new timetable' but its exactly the same as my previous one. Any help?
It may be that there are no other classes available to switch to (eg. if they are full). You could try again later, or go and see the timetable people during o-week.

Edit: actually just to check, I think the button to press says "allocate me a timetable similar to this" - are you pressing this one?

Last edited:

pearl9

HSC
N/A
Hello, I was just wondering if someone could give an opinion, on my timetable for FRNC1611, they put it as FRNC16111 and as a result it says "the central timetable does not have reliable details for this unit of study, please consult the department", i still have french lectures/tutes on there, and when i enrolled everything was right.. i'm gonna call up and ask but yeah did this happen to anyone else? or has happened to anyone else before?

Last edited:

jet

Banned
HSC
Hello, I was just wondering if someone could give an opinion, on my timetable for FRNC1611, they put it as FRNC16111 and as a result it says "the central timetable does not have reliable details for this unit of study, please consult the department", i still have french lectures/tutes on there, and when i enrolled everything was right.. i'm gonna call up and ask but yeah did this happen to anyone else? or has happened to anyone else before?
The 1 at the end of the UoS code is the Semester that the UoS runs in, it has nothing to do with the message. The message simply means the department hasn't confirmed that the timetable in the central system is correct.

x3Reii

HSC
It may be that there are no other classes available to switch to (eg. if they are full). You could try again later, or go and see the timetable people during o-week.

Edit: actually just to check, I think the button to press says "allocate me a timetable similar to this" - are you pressing this one?
Yes I pressed that as well. First I pressed 'try customisation' but the same timetable just comes up with the days I clicked in blue. And then I click 'Allocate me a similar timetable' but I still get the exact same one. And its weird because that class isn't yellow so I'm assuming I can change it. I guess I'll just talk to them at O-week

shakky

HSC
Thursday's are gonna kill me. Tried breaking them apart but it just made other days as worse (Not gonna go 8-6 on a friday). Stuck with it. Monday's and Tuesday's aren't so bad.

Attachments

shakky

HSC
Thursday's are gonna kill me. Tried breaking them apart but it just made other days as worse (Not gonna go 8-6 on a friday). Stuck with it. Monday's and Tuesday's aren't so bad.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
is that the best timetable you could make? that's crazy.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

Not entirely happy with the early 8am tutorial, but I don't care. Three days a week is fine with me. :)

Edited: According to a friend of mine, if you're not happy with your timetable, you can go to Merewether and there's a little room where you go to, where a dude with a computer can customise it to whatever you want out of the available tutes. Lectures you can change officially but you can always find out when other streams are on and go to them instead. I'm going to check this out during o-week and see how it goes.

Attachments

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
That is quite possibly the worst timetable I have ever seen in my life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)