Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm an ickle firstie that is defs not ready-but at least you will be hanging out with yours truly :p

Naw <3

Classes ick, but at least some of my tutorials and pracs don't start till Week 2. Can't I just change my degree BSwag/Drinking (Hons) and do it at Manning?
Yeah, but it's and informal degree change. You just stop showing up for classes and go to manning. ^_^

RishBonjour

HSC
is the timetable website working for anyone? I changed my timetable a few days ago and didn't print screen latest changes. Don't even know what lectures I have tomorrow.

neontiger

HSC
is the timetable website working for anyone? I changed my timetable a few days ago and didn't print screen latest changes. Don't even know what lectures I have tomorrow.
Not working for me either and I want to change one of my lecture streams. :( Hopefully it will be up tomorrow morning!

RishBonjour

HSC
Not working for me either and I want to change one of my lecture streams. :( Hopefully it will be up tomorrow morning!
Its usually up after 10.30 and I'm not sure if my lecture tomorrow start at 9 or 10 :/
Why USYD's IT department is so shit is beyond me.

RishBonjour

HSC
what the fuck. I had friday off the whole time and somehow in my "current" timetable i have 3-4 classes on Friday. Hope this glitch gets fixed up soon, don't want to miss my first lecture tomorrow.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
what the fuck. I had friday off the whole time and somehow in my "current" timetable i have 3-4 classes on Friday. Hope this glitch gets fixed up soon, don't want to miss my first lecture tomorrow.
Just ignore this timetable and use the one where you had Friday off. Duh.

S1MZ8

HSC
Do i have to attend a lab tutorial? (as no tutorials week1) is that still counted as a normal tutorial? Sorry if this sounds stupid just wanna make sure.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Do i have to attend a lab tutorial? (as no tutorials week1) is that still counted as a normal tutorial? Sorry if this sounds stupid just wanna make sure.
it is advised you attend all laboratories and tutorials

And if you don't attend a certain amount you WILL fail the unit

And the first one is usually the intro which you MUST attend.

RishBonjour

HSC
Just ignore this timetable and use the one where you had Friday off. Duh.
but when I have to hand in assignments and do exams, won't that be at a particular lecture?
Ill just go with the crappy automated one they have now. Will consulting with the student centre at usyd do any good?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
but when I have to hand in assignments and do exams, won't that be at a particular lecture?
Ill just go with the crappy automated one they have now. Will consulting with the student centre at usyd do any good?
If you go and mark the roll off for the times and shit you want then they will enrol you in that time.

I was told to do that by the uni in my first semester.

Don't go to the crappy time.

If you do it for a few weeks it will be hard to change because you can't change pracs easily and tute attendance from previous weeks disappears for a few subjects.

RishBonjour

HSC
If you go and mark the roll off for the times and shit you want then they will enrol you in that time.

I was told to do that by the uni in my first semester.

Don't go to the crappy time.

If you do it for a few weeks it will be hard to change because you can't change pracs easily and tute attendance from previous weeks disappears for a few subjects.
ahhh thanks riproot! Ill just go with my old timetable then. On monday I have two tutorials on my timetable, i read somewhere on USYD website no tutorials on 1st week? So do I just not go at that time?

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad

Obligatory welcome to Usyd

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
ahhh thanks riproot! Ill just go with my old timetable then. On monday I have two tutorials on my timetable, i read somewhere on USYD website no tutorials on 1st week? So do I just not go at that time?
chemistry tutorials run in first week.

I can't recall any others though.

What subs are you doing?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
starting tomorrow, I'm telling every first year I meet a different random fact about myself that will be completely false.

LHS, you're going to be my wing person and agree that all the stupid stuff I say is legit, ok?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
starting tomorrow, I'm telling every first year I meet a different random fact about myself that will be completely false.

LHS, you're going to be my wing person and agree that all the stupid stuff I say is legit, ok?
say you used to do car commercials… in Japan

enoilgam

HSC
Stirring first years is awesome. I'm in a class with a bunch of first years and I think I subtly scared some of them about uni in a tutorial last week.

S1MZ8

HSC
Is there tutorials week 1? Ive heard there are no tutorials but i wanna make sure in case they actually on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)