Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Go to uni for a single 8-9am class then play 'spot the first year' for a couple of hours, get hot chocolates with LHS and chat some more, go home before it gets cold.

decent start
Only because of me :)

Suede and I sat through a painfully remedial/slow maths lecture, chem lecture was way better because the lecturer was so funny (someth1ng was in my lecture but I didn't know, and ran into a science camp friend), chuckled at some of the other first year's antics and fashion parading and then hot chocs with Suede and then college lunch was really good this afternoon so yay.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well my meeting with my thesis supervisor went quite well.

Looks like I'm set.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Only because of me :)

Suede and I sat through a painfully remedial/slow maths lecture, chem lecture was way better because the lecturer was so funny (someth1ng was in my lecture but I didn't know, and ran into a science camp friend), chuckled at some of the other first year's antics and fashion parading and then hot chocs with Suede and then college lunch was really good this afternoon so yay.
And the best thing is, we get to do it again tomorrow!!

Glad to hear things are on the right track ozko!

enoilgam

HSC
Go to uni for a single 8-9am class then play 'spot the first year' for a couple of hours, get hot chocolates with LHS and chat some more, go home before it gets cold.

decent start
My favourite uni past time, I swear they crack me up honestly. I sometimes wonder if I was ever that bad.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Missed out on my first set of lectures today... I'm a bad role model - never skip out on lectures even if you're wheezing.

Would anyone know if units run by the School of Medicine are placed in another portal (eg. SMP) instead of Blackboard? I can't find the unit materials anywhere. D:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
My favourite uni past time, I swear they crack me up honestly. I sometimes wonder if I was ever that bad.
those who wear heels and meet the cobblestone paths are the best.

and they all think they're so subtle using the uni maps on their phone but they look hilarious walking 10 meters then stopping to check they're going in the right direction, then circling back around.

enoilgam

HSC

and they all think they're so subtle using the uni maps on their phone but they look hilarious walking 10 meters then stopping to check they're going in the right direction, then circling back around.
Why is it that first year girls often insist on wearing their finest outfits - it's only uni :p. I love seeing all the first years with the huge bags packed to the brim with unnecessary stuff. The funniest though is people asking to go to the bathroom during a tutorial (I confess, I did this once as a first year - how embarassing).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well my meeting with my thesis supervisor went quite well.

Looks like I'm set.
Awesome :)

And the best thing is, we get to do it again tomorrow!!

Glad to hear things are on the right track ozko!
Nothing like taking an hour on stem and leaf plots...cause you know numbers have first digits and second digits...and sometimes a third :0

The circlers are the funniest, pretending they are super popular and getting a text every 10 seconds :p

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Why is it that first year girls often insist on wearing their finest outfits - it's only uni :p. I love seeing all the first years with the huge bags packed to the brim with unnecessary stuff. The funniest though is people asking to go to the bathroom during a tutorial (I confess, I did this once as a first year - how embarassing).
but something like 40% of people meet their future long-term partner at uni so of course we want to look our best! And all that stuff is *super* necessary. I couldn't possibly wear closed in shoes normally so much bring a spare pair for labs, and all the textbooks have to be taken to every class don't they? and the kitchen sink won't carry itself around!

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
The former first years make fun of the first years for being first years and the circle of life continues :,).

Oh, and I might just get exempted from my Thursday lectures so that I can move my Friday practical to the Thursday afternoon.

All is not lost.

Last edited:
HSC
I remember hearing that there's a Dominos near USYd, yeah?

Who wants to join me for cheap pizza? I mean, I could eat one by myself but come on...I don't want people to *know* I can do that.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I can't believe the amount of stuff first years do, I will admit I got lost in my first week at my old uni. But I only brought paper and pens to lectures and stuff, and worked out how my timetable worked.

HSC
I can't believe the amount of stuff first years do, I will admit I got lost in my first week at my old uni. But I only brought paper and pens to lectures and stuff, and worked out how my timetable worked.
Had a guy ask how much the textbooks were in my Latin lecture today. I was like 'Aw, sweetie'.

Breeby

HSC
I. Spent. Forty. Minutes. Looking. For. A. Building.
I win the award for noob-iest first year.

HSC
I. Spent. Forty. Minutes. Looking. For. A. Building.
I win the award for noob-iest first year.
I get distracted/off in my own world so I walk into the wrong building a lot. Not just at uni. I've walked into the wrong apartment block before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)