Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I was thinking about doing a bunch of bio and anat units as electives. Should I just change to a Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Science?
You'll be w/ me for anatomy! :p But can't you just take them as extra elective units?

The quiz marks will be released soon they said.
Just wait until monday they said.
Broken promises - I am use to them. :(

Last edited:

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
What are you waiting on? I got concepts emailed back Sat morning, talk about a fast turnaround!
Turn around for first year concepts and chem is amazing.

You'll be w/ me for anatomy! :p But can't you just take them as extra elective units?

Broken promises - I am use to them. :(
It seems like my disappointment was a little premature :).

Last edited:

antheung

HSC
N/A
Hi guys.

If I reach the mean for the assignments, quizzes, exams etc. in a senior level mathematics unit, what grade will I most probably get? Or does USyd not grade on a curve but gives you High Distinctions if you get 85% or above, Distinctions if you get 75% or above etc.?

Thanks.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Totally saw Barbara Gordon leaving uni just as i was getting there today. Just before 2 :p

HSC
Pretty sure USYD goes by 'curves' or as its known more frequently, 'scaling'. Depending on the unit different scalings are used... Idk About senior units.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Hi guys.

If I reach the mean for the assignments, quizzes, exams etc. in a senior level mathematics unit, what grade will I most probably get? Or does USyd not grade on a curve but gives you High Distinctions if you get 85% or above, Distinctions if you get 75% or above etc.?

Thanks.
If it's a normal unit the average is a pass. If it's an advanced unit the average is a credit.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I never bump into anyone except LHS ~ I seem to go into incognito mode on everyone. :p
I didn't say hi to her because I was in a rush, but I generally try and stop to talk to people if I spot them, I'm just hardly on campus, and when I am I'm generally in class :p

antheung

HSC
N/A
Are your raw marks shown on your transcripts? I want to apply for a Masters (not offered by USyd) that requires "an average of of 65%". If only "Pass"/"Credit"/"Distinction"/"High Distinction" are shown on my transcripts, how will that university assess my qualifications?

HSC
In Australia usually the 65% mark is understood to be credit

enoilgam

HSC
Hasnt anyone spotted me yet - I might not go there, but I am in the general vicinity (I also practically live at Broadway).

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Are your raw marks shown on your transcripts? I want to apply for a Masters (not offered by USyd) that requires "an average of of 65%". If only "Pass"/"Credit"/"Distinction"/"High Distinction" are shown on my transcripts, how will that university assess my qualifications?
They include the final marks on the transcript.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Any MATH people ticked off at the draconian web filters on the School's computers? Not only that, but it's impossible to SSH into...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)