Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
guys im having massive trouble with chemistry and finally want to drop it. If i apply for DF grade, does this affect me negatively in the future, if I don't fail anything else?

Last edited:
HSC
Not really. Whether you 'pass' uni doesn't factor in 1st year units.

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
also, whats the difference between someone doing a BCST and someone doing a BSc in Computer Science?

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah, that feeling of joy when you finish a horrible assignment.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
Ah, that feeling of joy when you finish a horrible assignment.
lol yup

now gotta do analysis :p

just checked the draft exam timetable and all my exams are in the same week (2nd week of exam) so I guess that means more time to study. So I have MATH2962 exam on Thursday, MATH2961 exam on Friday but the worst part is that I first have MATH2969 and STAT2911 exams on Monday and they're 50 minutes apart D:

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
lol yup

now gotta do analysis :p

just checked the draft exam timetable and all my exams are in the same week (2nd week of exam) so I guess that means more time to study. So I have MATH2962 exam on Thursday, MATH2961 exam on Friday but the worst part is that I first have MATH2969 and STAT2911 exams on Monday and they're 50 minutes apart D:
Where'd you find the timetable? The link on the student administrations page isn't working.

Not bad... In terms of how worried I am about exams, I'd say MATH2962 > CHEM2915 > MATH2969 = MATH2961 > PHYS1002 so if I manage to get chemistry and physics at the start of week one I'll be over the moon.

Edit: Looks like I'll have chemistry on Monday week one (woohoo) and physics on Tuesday week two, which is alright.

Last edited:
HSC
Jap the day before my birthday, Asian studies on SATURDAY, physics tuesday, algebra wednesday, calculus friday. wonderful.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
Where'd you find the timetable? The link on the student administrations page isn't working.

Not bad... In terms of how worried I am about exams, I'd say MATH2962 > CHEM2915 > MATH2969 = MATH2961 > PHYS1002 so if I manage to get chemistry and physics at the start of week one I'll be over the moon.

Edit: Looks like I'll have chemistry on Monday week one (woohoo) and physics on Tuesday week two, which is alright.
I found it on the page we were looking at today and clicked a link which led to another link lol

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
calculus exam 25th, stats exam 26th, psych exam 27th. Not great.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
calculus exam 25th, stats exam 26th, psych exam 27th. Not great.
Your exams fall on the second week so you'd have two weeks in advance to prepare. But they fall a day after one another which is the down part. Good Luck! :D

PS. Have you done the UoS 'What is this thing called science?' - I want to know if it is worth taking because Bioethics is horrible. :(

EDIT: Anatomy is horrible - 2x30mins for practicals and 60mins for theory. I wish they would mash the two practicals into one exam.

Last edited:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Your exams fall on the second week so you'd have two weeks in advance to prepare. But they fall a day after one another which is the down part. Good Luck! :D

PS. Have you done the UoS 'What is this thing called science?' - I want to know if it is worth taking because Bioethics is horrible. :(

EDIT: Anatomy is horrible - 2x30mins for practicals and 60mins for theory. I wish they would mash the two practicals into one exam.
I TOLD YOU IT WAS HORRIBLE AND A WASTE!!!

What is this thing called science was the first HPSC course I did and I'm still doing it so that must mean something! It's very philosophy-based (basically an intro to all the philosophy stuff in science in the 20th century). Some people found that frustrating and a bit dry, but it's not too bad if you do your readings and assessments are just three shortish essays (1000-1500 words) with no exams and you can choose your own topics if you don't like the ones they give you. ie DOET.

HSC
Does What is this thing called science? count as a science unit? Might take it.. Does it have prereqs?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Does What is this thing called science? count as a science unit? Might take it.. Does it have prereqs?
Yes it does count as a science unit!!!

You have to have done 24 credits of any science before doing it (ie one semester)

HSC
Oh crapsicles its not 'junior' though...I need dem junior units.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Arrr noooo, I have a double exam day!! :(

Two hardest subs too!

Adv chem, short break, SSP human biology.
Does SSP human biology have a different exam to advanced?

If it doesn't, it's seriously like the easiest exam you'll ever sit at university. I have a past paper if you want to take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)