Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
So be it.

More like crazy Aunt if you ask me. So how goes the study?
The real question is; what study?

I want to become an arts student.

Fak science degrees.
Huh, I had that rant two weeks back. Grass always seems greener on the other side, especially with less contact hours to lay on said grass.

Though science/arts students:

enoilgam

HSC
The real question is; what study?

Huh, I had that rant two weeks back. Grass always seems greener on the other side, especially with less contact hours to lay on said grass.

Aysce, LHS needs your help man. Are you really considering Sci/Arts?

Aysce

HSC
Aysce, LHS needs your help man. Are you really considering Sci/Arts?
I will force her to study for hours on end. I will force her to LOVE science. That is the true way.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I can honestly say I have this rant everyday...
Fun four years ahead :p

I will force her to study for hours on end. I will force her to LOVE science. That is the true way.
Haha.

I love the idea of science. But sometimes I just get a little jealous. Like sometimes my boy Chemistry decides it's okay to get Physics all over him. And Bio thinks it's okay, to mix with Chemistry as long as it's in the name of Biochemistry. And then, you get damn Maths butting in to make it some freaky double love triangle. Like I just think we need some boundaries here, ole science. You just getting all over da place.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I love the idea of science. But sometimes I just get a little jealous. Like sometimes my boy Chemistry decides it's okay to get Physics all over him. And Bio thinks it's kay, to mix with Chemistry as long as it's in the name of Biochemistry. And then, you get damn Maths butting in to make it somfreaky double love triangle. Like I just think we need some boundaries here, ole science. You just getting all over da place.
Yeah I know what you mean! One of my subjects is called bodysystems and that is meant to he bio however it has maths, chemistry and physics in it! Its actually depressing that it's so interesting yet it's so hard to understand the concepts (since I didn't do physics nor am I good at maths)

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
I'm most likely going. I'm trying to think of what to go as though, rather than a doctor.
go as a hobo

But then when people ask say "I'm a Medical Science graduate" or "an Australian actor" or something.

What if I told you...

the first four weeks of uni were a break/party :p
the entirety of first year should be a break. ^_^

I'm doing first year for a second time and it's gr8.

Never gonna grow up!

#studyingisfornerds

Or you could just do BA and then have your second major in science.

Or BSc and have your second major in an arts thing

Duh.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm starting to think that I don't even like science.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I figured out I didnt like my degree ages ago. But I havent found anything else so commerce it is.
Fair enough. Personally, I dislike everything outside of science more so than science itself so it doesn't really change anything (career-wise).

Aysce

HSC
I figured out I didnt like my degree ages ago. But I havent found anything else so commerce it is.
:(

I wonder how commerce is. I wouldn't mind it though - I have no idea how I'd fare though. I think I have more of an interest/natural aptitude in the sciences but I may have an underlying talent for humanities? (hahaha hell naw)

enoilgam

HSC

I wonder how commerce is. I wouldn't mind it though - I have no idea how I'd fare though. I think I have more of an interest/natural aptitude in the sciences but I may have an underlying talent for humanities? (hahaha hell naw)
Depends on what you like really. To be honest, business isnt that bad and I do have some interest in it, but I feel that my interest in it is nowhere near strong enough for a career if that makes sense.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
IMPORTANT POST RIGHT HERE

If you're doing science and wish you were doing arts, just do the Sci/Arts double degree. It's only a year longer and will make you happy, guaranteed.

RishBonjour

HSC

Commerce in a nutshell = 10-12 hours a week :p
I know a few people doing sci/commerce. I was thinking of doing it for ze maffs (commerce goes as far as differentiating - in first year atleast)

don't you do law ?

HSC
Ugh my brain is too dead for this. I did some degree planning - if I want to do a forensic osteology subject I won't graduate until 2016. LAME-O. But I want to do my masters in Osteoarchaeology so it's like a try before you buy deal. Also, what's the USyd equivalent to a US 3.0 GPA?

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Or 3.0/4*7 = 5.25
Can't do it like that lol.

On a typical 4 point scale a 3.0 gpa is the cutoff for distinction average so the Usyd equivalent (afaik) would probably be 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)