Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
I need opinion on these 3 as electives for semester2:
GEOS1003
INFO1003
COSC1003
I most likely will major in physics and math. Which one should intake?
dunno about the other two but I did COSC1901 (MATLAB) and COSC1902 (C) last year and it's mainly using those programs and applying them to maths problems so it could be interesting for you if you want to major in math. Also, I think you use MATLAB in 2nd year physics so I guess if you did this unit it could be give you an advantage having the knowledge of how to use MATLAB beforehand as well.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, people have indicated they'd be interested in putting together a regular bos trivia team. It's Wednesdays 5-6 at manning iirc. Anyone keen?
I may consider being in for a few rounds. After 29 April (for me) though. :p

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
The chemistry lab notebook says no class monday 22rd april to thursday 25th april. So does this mean I don't have labs if my lab is on wednesday?

madharris

HSC
N/A
The chemistry lab notebook says no class monday 22rd april to thursday 25th april. So does this mean I don't have labs if my lab is on wednesday?
yes

it's because the 25th is anzac day so because the prac on thursday will miss out, they just made it so everyone misses out so the thursday prac people aren't at a disadvantage

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I love Chemistry labs...maybe it's because I have fun by like, switching on the liquid nitrogen tap so it hits the ground :p

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
What happens if I miss a maths tutorial?

Last edited:

MK888

HSC
Did a fair bit of work to prepare then know I stuffed up a calculus quiz so badly, am about 90% sure I failed and am quite concerned :/

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks to passionxmusic for pointing out my bio lab class was already in today :)

You seriously shadowing me girl, I run into you a fair bit :p

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks to passionxmusic for pointing out my bio lab class was already in today :)

You seriously shadowing me girl, I run into you a fair bit :p
Did you take a lift in carslaw today? I think I saw someone who looked like you, wasn't entirely sure or I would've said hi :p

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Did you take a lift in carslaw today? I think I saw someone who looked like you, wasn't entirely sure or I would've said hi :p
Yes I did, around lunchtime?

Hahaha, just yell out "Hey *LHS name*" and see if I turn around. I was in some flowy white top and jeans.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Hahaha, just yell out "Hey *LHS name*" and see if I turn around. I was in some flowy white top and jeans.
A better way is to whip out your phone and pretend talking to someone - say "HEY <NAME>, WHERE ARE YOU?" and if she turns around, positive test! :D

madharris

HSC
N/A
What happens if I miss a maths tutorial?
It depends, how many do you have to attend? 80%? 90%?
If you have a medical certificate then just give it to the person who runs that unit (that's what I did)

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
How'd you go with vector calc quiz? and did you end up finding your discrete quiz? :p

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad

Hmm, can't exactly recall what you were wearing but I'm fairly sure this was around lunchtime, because I remember crashing from the coffee and not being sure whether to say yours or Blue Suede's name...

A better way is to whip out your phone and pretend talking to someone - say "HEY <NAME>, WHERE ARE YOU?" and if she turns around, positive test! :D
Smooth, br8, I'll remember that.

How'd you go with vector calc quiz? and did you end up finding your discrete quiz? :p
I got seven out of ten, and nope. I hope the thief cuts himself on the paper. But the average was a bit surprising... like 20% of the papers were less than five out of twenty five (quite a few zeroes too). Can't wait to see the scaling.

Last edited:

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
I got seven out of ten, and nope. I hope the thief cuts himself on the paper. But the averages were absolutely horrendous... like 20% of the papers were less than five out of twenty five (quite a few zeroes too). Can't wait to see the scaling.
that's good (Y) haha ok maybe they were so impressed by your mark they felt the need to take it, let's hope u find it eventually (somehow)....wow I didn't know that

HSC
I wonder how 0s affect scaling... you can't 'scale' a 0..(or can you?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)