Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyjean

HSC
Re: 2012 USYD Chatter Thread

i will be on the train that gets to central at 8:30...

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A

hehe noo way, you have to come find me by yourself, if you find my house, it meanz it waz meant to beee!
then i guess we're nut m2b cuz im paraplegic n i can't drive :(

Valdek

Premium Member
HSC

Soooooo of the arts students here--who signed up for the mentoring program? I'm still debating whether it's worthwhile or not haha.
Also, some arts mentor dude jumped me and was spamming me about a camp they have in the first couple of weeks and there's lots and lots of free alcohol-the camp bit sounds kind of 'uhhh lolwut no thanks bro'-but the free alcs seriously made me consider it :| hahaha...

Last edited:

jessxxr

HSC

Soooooo of the arts students here--who signed up for the mentoring program? I'm still debating whether it's worthwhile or not haha.
Also, some arts mentor dude jumped me and was spamming me about a camp they have in the first couple of weeks and there's lots and lots of free alcohol-the camp bit sounds kind of 'uhhh lolwut no thanks bro'-but the free alcs seriously made me consider it :| hahaha...
LOL omg i feel the same way, i wasn't gonna fill in the mentoring sheet but some guy kept asking for it, so i was like haha yeah lets do it! and omg the guy who was promoting the camp!! hahaha he told me he was hungover, he was hilarious, he really convinced me into it

kittyjean

HSC

so what are the advantages / disadvantages of joining the mentoring program, you reckon? Thanks

Valdek

Premium Member
HSC

LOL omg i feel the same way, i wasn't gonna fill in the mentoring sheet but some guy kept asking for it, so i was like haha yeah lets do it! and omg the guy who was promoting the camp!! hahaha he told me he was hungover, he was hilarious, he really convinced me into it
Yeah i'll probably end up doing it, I can't really find a good enough reason why not to.

And yeah I kind of picked up that something wasn't all-right with him--he sounded a bit off, and he admitted he went pretty hard last night. Just what I like to hear.

Wooo now I need to find a suitable photo for my id =\

Valdek

Premium Member
HSC

so what are the advantages / disadvantages of joining the mentoring program, you reckon? Thanks
What I gathered from it was they just help you settle in and show you around the campus and keep in touch with you etc. Not particularly amazing, but why not I guess.

Plus you get a head start on meeting all the babin' Arts kids--who are doing your degree/similar subjects I think.

Disadvantages: If you're quiet and shy you i'm guessing you won't like it. I'm awkward like that but fuck, what the hell why not try it, it's uni.

Last edited:

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A

oh no dis is truly heartbreaking <!--3 </3 </3 :( fanks for being honest wif me i guess, i shall now continue tha search for my romeo
wai do u h8 disabled ppl :(

kcqn93

HSC

Had to line up with girlfriend at Law/Arts enrolment yesterday at Maclaurin Hall. They only had like 10 computers for the hundreds of students enrolling. There were basically lines inside the lines...

USyd enrolment day sucks.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad

Hey guys can anyone tell me what happens when you have two lectures back to back? Do you always have to miss out on say 5-10 minutes of your second lecture if your first goes for a bit longer or if the lecture rooms are far away from each other?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
nooooouu!! damn you! im so happy that i'll be 18 by the time uni starts! but for you mr, when is your birthday?? it better be sooon!
also lolll sadly i have not had a chance to check out the engineering guys :( im obviously gonna need to have a massive perve-athon one day! i'm thinking O-week shall be my chance
I'll be 18 a few weeks after uni starts on march 23rd. :(
Worst time to turn 18, I need to party before uni not during. :(
When you go to USyd walk around the engineering area, there are a few meh guys, but there are a few hotties in there. Haha
Yes! Meet me at O-Week and we will perve and shit. Haha

i will be on the train that gets to central at 8:30...
get off at redfern and walk unless you plan on getting food on the way or something.

Had to line up with girlfriend at Law/Arts enrolment yesterday at Maclaurin Hall. They only had like 10 computers for the hundreds of students enrolling. There were basically lines inside the lines...

USyd enrolment day sucks.
This.
4 fucking hours!!!

Hey guys can anyone tell me what happens when you have two lectures back to back? Do you always have to miss out on say 5-10 minutes of your second lecture if your first goes for a bit longer or if the lecture rooms are far away from each other?
You fucking LEG IT!!!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, apparently my uni thingy has already been registered but I don't have a password.
How do I get my password?

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC

When do I get my UniKey?
Your UniKey account details are received after your enrolment is processed and is included on your confirmation of enrolment letter. If you do not receive your UniKey account details on this letter, please contact the ICT Helpdesk on 9351 6000.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

"The Smoke-Free Environment policy was approved by Senate on 5 December 2011 and is effective from Monday, 30 January 2012. The new policy bans smoking on all University campuses, except for within designated smoking areas. "

Wonderful.

http://sydney.edu.au/ohs/wellbeing/smoke-free.shtml

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

"The Smoke-Free Environment policy was approved by Senate on 5 December 2011 and is effective from Monday, 30 January 2012. The new policy bans smoking on all University campuses, except for within designated smoking areas. "

Wonderful.

http://sydney.edu.au/ohs/wellbeing/smoke-free.shtml
Not a smoker myself but I think it's an absolutely ridiculous ban.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad

Personally I love it. If you wanna slowly kill yourself, do it off-campus, as far away from me as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)