Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2007) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Semester II Chatter Thread!

Seems Angus has abused the SRC's mailing list to promote his campaign, arrogant prick.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

withoutaface said:
Seems Angus has abused the SRC's mailing list to promote his campaign, arrogant prick.
i noticed that too and was going to complain untill i noticed he got out of it (somewhat) by being the "SRC endorsed" candidate. fuck off

i.e. it's bullshit, but they'll use that line to defend themselves

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Pre-enrolment is available on Student Self-Admin now, if anyone wants to get in before the inevitable downtime on Sunday.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

pre-enrolled. feels wierd clicking that i'm planning to graduate

lala2

Banned
HSC

^^Oh, I seem to be missing out on something. What are you planning to transfer to, if you don't mind me asking? And thanks for that link--I think I'll pre-enrol now.

HSC

I'm not entirely sure what to choose. Hmmm. I've got French and Psych out of the way. I'm not sure what else? Should I do Philosophy?

lala2

Banned
HSC

Ah, ok. May I ask why the quite different change of heart? From Education to Business seems quite a bit of a leap to me! Also, is it normal for not all subjects to be uploaded to the system at this point, as we are early? I've got here 7 subjects for next year, when I'm meant to have 8. I don't want to pre-enrol in the other 7 because then I'll think I have completely pre-enrolled and forget about enrolling in the 8th subject, so I just cancelled myself out of the window.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

You do realise you can change your subjects about 50 thousand times before the census date?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

stazi said:
You do realise you can change your subjects about 50 thousand times before the census date?
Just beware that the date you can last pick up a subject is ages before the census date.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Can you pre-enrol in units that require departmental permission? (GOVT2991, to be specific.)

HSC

Okay really dumb question here... I'm planning to major in Psychology, right?
Do I have to do all those units of study offered for 2nd year, that is Brain and Behaviour, Stats, Cognitive and Social and Personality and Differential. I can't be bothered reading up on it. Halp please. :(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

lol i cant seem to find one of the units of study it says i should be doing. conundrum. we're supposed to be doing 3 education subjects (eduf2006, 2007 and 2001, i gathered) and a teaching and learning one...which seems to be hiding from me, nameless, lol. *gets out sleuthing gear* seriously if anyone knows what im talking about though, prod me in the brain about it. by which i mean tell me which unit they want us to enrol in.
so much choice :D its like shopping, but with learning. can't gp wrong with that combination, haha.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Triangulum said:
Can you pre-enrol in units that require departmental permission? (GOVT2991, to be specific.)
Departmental permission not actually required, as it turns out, so never mind.

lala2

Banned
HSC

That's cool, Malfoy. Better now than any nearer to graduation. stazi, it says you can only have 20 internet changes, which I know is a lot but it's not so much the changing as the fact I think I will forget to enrol in the 8th subject.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

What exactly does the 'Subject Area' option do? I would've thought it had something to do with cross-listing, but it doesn't list Ancient History as an option for HSTY units.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

Malfoy said:
Well, they're EDUF 3000 levels. So, Adolescent Development, Mentoring in Educational Contexts, Australian Secondary Schooling, etc. etc.
oh, okay, thanks. so we're allowed to do the 3000 level stuff in second year then. maybe thats why i couldn't find it. thanks

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

I can't pre-enrol, I need to enrol in chemistry 1B at summer school first.

Does anyone know who goes to summer school? I don't really want to hang out with 119 international students for 10 hours a day.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Well uh, at UNSW it was pretty much everyone who did chem 1A who went on to summer school. So yeah...

And we have to pick an EDUF 3000 subject ey? I remember reading about it on the edfac website a while back, mmmm. I think I'll do mine sometime next week.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A

jb_nc said:
I can't pre-enrol, I need to enrol in chemistry 1B at summer school first.

Does anyone know who goes to summer school? I don't really want to hang out with 119 international students for 10 hours a day.
May I ask why you would need to enrol into Chemistry 1B in summer school even before the end-of-semester exam? Or did you start Science in the middle of year? Ignore the Q if it sounds stupid or rude :)

And no, it's not just international students that do summer school, so have no fear, though I don't know why you should be concerned about that.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

sydneyphoenix said:
May I ask why you would need to enrol into Chemistry 1B in summer school even before the end-of-semester exam? Or did you start Science in the middle of year? Ignore the Q if it sounds stupid or rude :)

And no, it's not just international students that do summer school, so have no fear, though I don't know why you should be concerned about that.
i was doing civil eng but deiceded to switch to chem eng the day before the census so it was too late to pick up chem 1b. i organised with my the year-advisor to do it in summer school and do 30CPs in S2 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)