Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealist

HSC
i've got 2 tickets to a 6.30 screening of the cove at dendy newtown tonight, that i won't be able to make tonight because i've got something else on. i'll be at usyd from 11am, so give me a shout if anyone wants it.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
i've got 2 tickets to a 6.30 screening of the cove at dendy newtown tonight, that i won't be able to make tonight because i've got something else on. i'll be at usyd from 11am, so give me a shout if anyone wants it.
Unless the are comps, p sure they'll give you a refund?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Today was such a shit day :( Here's what happened to me:

- I forgot my watch
- The ticket machine rejected my $20 note (admittedly, I was trying to pay for a single ticket costing $2 but that was the smallest change I had), then I went to the ticket guy who gave me a ticket to the City instead of to Redfern (talking North Shore line here), so I had to catch a bus because my bag was so heavy I didn't feel like trekking it from Central to uni
- Printer in the honours room embarassingly stuffed up on me and the paper ran out so I didn't even get to accomplish half of what I wanted to do
- I got reprimanded by my job supervisor for failing to inform them I couldn't make the shift before they sent out the allocations email today (when the email informing of available shifts had been sent out 2 weeks ago and obviously I couldn't remember that the allocations hadn't been sent out yet, especially when that commitment I couldn't make my shift for I was only informed that I had been locked into on Friday)
- I had to pay the bus driver $20 for a $1.90 trip--I already apologied profusely but the guy gave me a dirty look, which I don't blame him but it's not like I offered you a $50 and then bargained to go onto the bus for free and I really don't have any smaller change left!

And now I have to finish my job application due on Wed, start another due Friday and then :burn:

/rant

P.S. Someone please rep me for surviving this awful, awful day and to make me feel better

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
had the best burger today

and thoroughly enjoyed watching WW3 start in this morning's lecture over some random disagreement on a point, while drawing an obscene caricature of the lecturer instead of taking notes

all in all a good day

lala2

Banned
HSC
haahahaha oh shit
im scared of catching the bus now, i always have the EXACT change but the driver always has a go at me for not using a prepaid ticket (even though they still have goddamn tills) :( your poor driver probably committed suicide after work lol
Wow, I didn't even quote the correct price...more like $0.90. No, this is Shorelink buses, so even though they have a prepaid card it's like $20 for the card and another $20 preloaded credit which I know wouldn't be worth it and still isn't--I can tell you straight off I have taken less than $20 worth of bus trips since I relocated to this house 6 years ago, and it looks like I won't be living here much longer (hopefully).

The worst thing is, I rarely, rarely catch the bus home from the station, it's just today, out of all days, I wasn't able to get a lift.

lol guys, thanks for the rep :D I shall resume my job applications very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)