• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 2 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I find it so hard to believe that by this stage, students are still have difficulties with grammar.

It's such a pain to fix up everything in these group reports.

jet

Banned
HSC
I have one more thing due this week and then that's the end of coursework for this degree :D :D

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I find it so hard to believe that by this stage, students are still have difficulties with grammar.

Some of my group members don't know the difference between past/present tense, proper capitalization, spelling or even basic sentence structure. I've literally had to do 75% of our projects/lab reports. There's only one other guy that's decent.

I'd post parts of their assigned work, but it'd be pretty awkward if they browsed BoS too and saw this, so I won't.

I'll PM them if anyone wants a laugh.

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Some of my group members don't know the difference between past/present tense, proper capitalization, spelling or even basic sentence structure. I've literally had to do 75% of our projects/lab reports. There's only one other guy that's decent.

I'd post parts of their assigned work, but it'd be pretty awkward if they browsed BoS too and saw this, so I won't.
I'm very curious to see how these people cope in the workplace.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, apparently I can get a waiver and do Field Methods. YUS! MY DREAMS OF BEING A LESS HOT LARA CROFT CAN BE REALISED. Or I'll just be doing stratigraphy and shit. But I need to axe a unit to make room for it. 1001 - Ancient Civilisations (which I'll have to do eventually as the junior 12cp requirement), 2602 - Minoans and Mycenaeans or GRKA1600 - Intro Ancient Greek. I'm 100% sticking with Intro to Latin since Roman history is baws. I *probably* should wait to do Greek, learning two ancient languages at once might be a mistake.
I was going to suggest doing Greek later. Yay.

Fuck, I love LSP.

THESE LUMPS ARE NOT FOR SALE, BILLY.
BACK UP OFF ME, RICKY.
I know you want this body, but you can't have it! YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!!

Maybe you should let someone else fix it.
kekekekeke

I have one more thing due this week and then that's the end of coursework for this degree :D :D
know that feel! :D
(hopefully)
(well, for chem engg yes, for medsc probs, but I might do adv sci, but also med. yay!)

I'll PM them if anyone wants a laugh.
but if they browsed BoS they'd probably be better at writing/reading.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm very curious to see how these people cope in the workplace.
I find the prospect of them becoming chemical engineers and actually responsible for something frightening.

Hold up rippy you've got to see this.

Aw, inbox is full. Dw.

Last edited:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
congrats :)

barbara - text me if you want to do lunch with us tomoz

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I find the prospect of them becoming chemical engineers frightening.

Hold up rippy you've got to see this.

Aw, inbox is full. Dw.
Hahahahaha. All of the students in that course except like 10 will drop out.
I only know ~20 competent people there and half of them are leaving (me) and not doing it ever again.

PM Some Vunt. Gosh.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
oh. what if stefan doesn't show up???????

(but yes, go. I don't actually have my afternoon classes tomorrow so I should studyrawr etc)

HSC
I'm not in tomorrow /o\ I'm studying for an exam I have on Tuesday. But Tuesday after 11 and Thursday before 1 I'm free if anyone's keen :)

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Start watching free TV. Remember why I don't watch free TV.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
oh. what if stefan doesn't show up???????

(but yes, go. I don't actually have my afternoon classes tomorrow so I should studyrawr etc)
I'll stay, but if he does I will probs go to class.

(okay bro, I'm free after the lecture anyways)

I'm not in tomorrow /o\ I'm studying for an exam I have on Tuesday. But Tuesday after 11 and Thursday before 1 I'm free if anyone's keen :)
Tuesday I dont come in.
Thursday I have a four hour break from 9-2 because of no labs yay

Start watching free TV. Remember why I don't watch free TV.
Yep! :D (Y)

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I've almost finished this entire CHNG1103 group assignment by myself and it's not even 1:00 AM!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I've almost finished this entire CHNG1103 group assignment by myself and it's not even 1:00 AM!
yeah, Amanda finished ours before Thursday. lol

I'm pretty sure she handed it in on Thursday.

#yolo

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, Amanda finished ours before Thursday. lol

I'm pretty sure she handed it in on Thursday.

#yolo
Fuck, I should have joined your group. Or any other group for that matter. Also you should probs go to sleep :p.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Fuck, I should have joined your group. Or any other group for that matter. Also you should probs go to sleep :p.
Or you should've just done what I do and appeared to be lazy/stupid and no one would expect you to do things and someone else would do it.

(Although, for some reason everyone thinks I'm smart. lol. Also, I never did anything in MBLG and the two girls I was with thought I was "freaky smart" and "probably got 99 or high 98s without trying" lol)

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Or you should've just done what I do and appeared to be lazy/stupid and no one would expect you to do things and someone else would do it.

(Although, for some reason everyone thinks I'm smart. lol. Also, I never did anything in MBLG and the two girls I was with thought I was "freaky smart" and "probably got 99 or high 98s without trying" lol)
Hahaha. Read that paragraph I sent Some Vunt. Not doing the work would be suicide grade-wise. For example, everybody apart from me was cool with leaving that distillation column report until the tutorial AT WHICH IT WAS DUE (15 % of the final grade). If I hadn't done that myself we'd have gotten at least 40 % lower.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha. Read that paragraph I sent Some Vunt. Not doing the work would be suicide grade-wise. For example, everybody apart from me was cool with leaving that distillation column report until the tutorial AT WHICH IT WAS DUE (15 % of the final grade). If I hadn't done that myself we'd have gotten at least 40 % lower.
We got like 75% (24/25 in the calculations, so everyone can't write (I probably should've done something)) so the difference between you and me is just that I don't care about my grade too much. lol

Also, I'm pretty confident I can do well in the final (lol, nope).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)