• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 2 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
We got like 75% (24/25 in the calculations, so everyone can't write (I probably should've done something)) so the difference between you and me is just that I don't care about my grade too much. lol

Also, I'm pretty confident I can do well in the final (lol, nope).
Fingers crossed the exam's like that quiz.

The latter half of this subject would've been so much easier if I'd gone to lectures. Just need to revise that shit now... I'm pretty sure we'll both be sweet unless they pull something really strange (i.e. tute 8 question 1).

Anyway, bed time!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Fingers crossed the exam's like that quiz.

The latter half of this subject would've been so much easier if I'd gone to lectures. Just need to revise that shit now... I'm pretty sure we'll both be sweet unless they pull something really strange (i.e. tute 8 question 1).

Anyway, bed time!
IKR! That quiz was sooooo E-Z. lol

KNOW THAT FEEL. lol
Tute 8 Q1? What's dat? (I'll look it up)

Nigh night.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn it. The MBLG people rounded my raw mark down from XX.60...

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank goodness ENVI3112 is over. That group report was doing my head in.

Now I can shit my pants over a 3000 word paper and 1000 field report due on Thursday and Friday respectively.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Our last show was today and it was mad fun. This is what I imagine it was like for everyone listening

(ok so I just really wanted to use that gif)

If anyone wants access to the recordings, just hit me up with a pm.

((this is the last radio related post I will make, ever thanks for bearing with me))

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks to both you and Jarrod for making Monday mornings awesome.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
So the Ag faculty has released a list of academic and their proposal areas for next year's honours students.

Shit, I need to think fast.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Holy crap it is my last week of uni lectures ever...

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
This week couldn't end fast enough.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
So the Ag faculty has released a list of academic and their proposal areas for next year's honours students.

Shit, I need to think fast.
When do you have to decide what you want to do for honours?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Damn it. The MBLG people rounded my raw mark down from XX.60...
yeah, my friend got 93.60 but ended up with 93 because the different sections were weighted differently.

I still don't know what I got, my demo hasn't marked ours yet. WE WERE THE FUCKING FIRST GROUP!!!

Also, tute 8 Q1 for CHNG was actually one of the easier questions for me.
Awkies. :/

Holy crap it is my last week of uni lectures ever...
omg, you're gonna have to get a job and be a normal person and contribute to society and shit.

That's disgusting.

(good luck, man, I'm sure you'll do fine because you're a super brain and shiz)

It's my last week of USyd lectures ever (hopefully). Yay!

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, my friend got 93.60 but ended up with 93 because the different sections were weighted differently.

I still don't know what I got, my demo hasn't marked ours yet. WE WERE THE FUCKING FIRST GROUP!!!
They were weighted differently? That's retarded, it should have all been marked out of 83.

Where do I go to sue these people?

Anyway, I'm pretty happy considering the average mark was like 55/83.

Also, tute 8 Q1 for CHNG was actually one of the easier questions for me.
Awkies. :/
You used the H values at the back of the book didn't you? I thought it was implicit that since they were providing data it should be enough to finish the question. Plus, they put an emphasis on estimation.

The exam's going to be such a fucking joke though. That "quiz" is essentially what we're going to sit (x2), and it only took about 10 minutes to finish. I'm sure like half the class will still fail though lol.

It's my last week of USyd lectures ever (hopefully). Yay!
Nooooo

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
They were weighted differently? That's retarded, it should have all been marked out of 83.

Where do I go to sue these people?

Anyway, I'm pretty happy considering the average mark was like 55/83.
Yeah, remember the marking on the front of the test or whatever? and then like they said something about it at some point in time... (what would I know? I am legit the worst student ever)

Ask a law student...?

That's only for your lab group. (Holy shit I think I'm going to set a record for the lowest ever. Probs should have studied, hey?)

You used the H values at the back of the book didn't you? I thought it was implicit that since they were providing data it should be enough to finish the question. Plus, they put an emphasis on estimation.

The exam's going to be such a fucking joke though. That "quiz" is essentially what we're going to sit (x2), and it only took about 10 minutes to finish. I'm sure like half the class will still fail though lol.
Yeah brah (even though I don't have the book lol)

Lol, I have not even looked at the quiz yet (I'm going to do it in the morning before probably lol.
Omg, I reckon they will. lol
My friend keeps asking me really stupid questions about integrating the C values and stuff and I'm just like "Omg, if you're struggling with that how are you dealing with like applying it and doing all the other rand shit we have to do?" "Google." LOL

What do you care?
You've never even said hi to me. :cry:

Also, I was originally like "I *might* get into UWS and leave, but if I don't I'll stay" but now I'm all like, "Oh, I'm probs going to get a BMP for MBBS at UTas. So, I'm probs leaving regardless." Yay!

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Aim for today: Write a 3000 word paper in 12 hours.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, remember the marking on the front of the test or whatever? and then like they said something about it at some point in time... (what would I know? I am legit the worst student ever)

Ask a law student...?

That's only for your lab group. (Holy shit I think I'm going to set a record for the lowest ever. Probs should have studied, hey?)
Lol, I guess I should try and listen next time... But it doesn't matter. They just emailed us our final practical + report marks and they had the decimal place right.

I thought it was us + normal? Everybody in my lab group seemed extremely competent. o_O

Don't worry that much about it. From what I've heard, first year marks don't contribute to your final WAM, or something along those lines. As long as you make a D they'll let you into advanced next year.

What do you care?
You've never even said hi to me. :cry:

Also, I was originally like "I *might* get into UWS and leave, but if I don't I'll stay" but now I'm all like, "Oh, I'm probs going to get a BMP for MBBS at UTas. So, I'm probs leaving regardless." Yay!
You're always surrounded by/talking to people. Hang around the lecture theater (final CHNG lecture woooo) for a bit after we're done.

Clash next semester.
#wallahHabibi
#yolo
Lol, I'll have like 1 - 2

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, I guess I should try and listen next time... But it doesn't matter. They just emailed us our final practical + report marks and they had the decimal place right.

I thought it was us + normal? Everybody in my lab group seemed extremely competent. o_O

Don't worry that much about it. From what I've heard, first year marks don't contribute to your final WAM, or something along those lines. As long as you make a D they'll let you into advanced next year.
ah, I have no idea. Don't listen to me, I don't listen ever.

Maybe it was whatever total marks they had now. Because Dale said my demo hadn't marked ours yet do it couldn't be the entire cohort. (Also, people in my group think I'm smart but that doesn't mean I am.)

Thank fuck for that! (I am not going to get a D lol. I'll be lucky to pass tbh.)

You're always surrounded by/talking to people. Hang around the lecture theater (final CHNG lecture woooo) for a bit after we're done.
Yeah, I'm pretty social.

Fiiiinnne. We can get lunch or something. Yay.

(also, omg, can you send me your answers for the quiz because I'm so unconfident. Ugh.)

Lol, I'll have like 1 - 2
#lyf
But I'll probs take two days off (yay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)