Senior School Years & Working (1 Viewer)

Do you work?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
HSC
How many of you guys go to school & work. How do you manage to stay on top of everything? How many hours do you work? I'm planning to get a job & I'm entering Year 11 so I'm a little scared about not being able to stay on top of all my work.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
i dont go to work
and I never will during high school because it will distract me from my work

Staseycat

The last of her kind.
HSC
I work, and it doesn't affect my studies. I chooose my own hours, and they are quite understanding about the importance of the HSC in life.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Get a job, you will not regret it. Many people actually find working during senior years helps them to prioritise and stay organised, plus you are gaining cash and experience that will be extremely helpful once you begin university.

occer

HSC
N/A
I don't work yet but I want to get a job.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I didn't work during high school, and I started my first job a week after the HSC finished.

Personally, I don't think I would of been able to achieve the HSC marks I did if I worked during year 12 and I'm glad didn't start work until after the HSC was over.

But everyone is different and I can only speak for myself.

HSC
8-10 hours a week. isnt bad at all. its a great way to break up school work. I dont think id do any more study, time wise, if i didnt have a job.

saying that, i think it makes you study smarter by being more productive and conscience in what you do with your study time. i'll be off to work in 3 hours in fact.

I'd recommend it!

ilikebeeef

HSC
Nope, I don't work. School's enough work for me lol. Used to work at a coaching college in Year 8-9 though. But not that useful really. My parents pay me money anyway. :p

klaris

HSC
I don't work because I get youth allowance.

I am thinking of getting a job when school goes back, though. To keep my mind busy.

musing

HSC
I definitely want to get a job.

Anyways, it's not that hard to juggle between schoolwork and job. Balance is the key. :)

random bus

HSC
i work have since about yr 10
i only work once a week and my boss is great .if i have exams i can take heaps of time off.
you can always be studying so with a job ur with people and earning ur own money

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Oh well,

Working for parents is a must in my life, even though they are encouraging me to work in unknown places so that I can get a general feeling as to what the workforce and its environment like.

Does anybody have like a free part-time job in a South-West Region? PM me if you do.

biggzy

HSC
i've worked throughout year 11 & 12...and yes you have less time for school work but to me work is "the future"...And if you find a job you enjoy you'll look forward to it & it will help your stay sane during year 12...which is a challenge let me tell u!! :)

ital101

HSC
I work but I finished the HSC last year, suckers! :) lol

It was fun times.
Oh well,

Working for parents is a must in my life, even though they are encouraging me to work in unknown places so that I can get a general feeling as to what the workforce and its environment like.

Does anybody have like a free part-time job in a South-West Region? PM me if you do.
I'm starting my own business in 2010 or 2011. Might hire you if you're serious. It'll be catering/restaurant, just so you know.
i've worked throughout year 11 & 12...and yes you have less time for school work but to me work is "the future"...And if you find a job you enjoy you'll look forward to it & it will help your stay sane during year 12...which is a challenge let me tell u!! :)
:) It is a challenge!

Last edited:

codeberry

HSC
I work, but it doesn't affect my studies much I think. I also do leadership roles and other extracurriculars in and out of school, plus I also do a sport outside. I still get good results, I'm one of the top students in the whole year last year (I don't know about this year yet because I just started at a new school - pretty awesome).

I guess that depends on how well you can handle stress. If you think you can handle it, then go ahead and work. If you don't think you can, then don't. It depends on your goal too, really.

Jakef

HSC
I work. If your considering it go for one of the big supermarkets like I do, I usually only work about 8-10 hours a week but hey its money. Usually I do one night a week and one day on weekend. My manager is pretty understanding I just ask for a week off for exams and I get it.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Get a job, you will not regret it. Many people actually find working during senior years helps them to prioritise and stay organised, plus you are gaining cash and experience that will be extremely helpful once you begin university.
may cat is right. You can spend the 5-10 hours or so a week you waste playing games etc. working for money. I do. I find PLENTY of time for my studies. If you quit a job during the HSC make sure you replace that number of hours with STUDY or it is a waste of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)