Seven/Ten AFL TV Rights (1 Viewer)

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
What are people's thoughts on Seven and Ten matching Nine's Bid for AFL Football?

If I was living in Melbourne, then I would go for Nine, but being in NSW what Seven/Ten offered sounds better, hopefully they will broadcast live on a Friday Night.

HSC
The Seven-Ten coalition haven't got long to place down another offer. I think the due date is the 5th of January.

Being a Melbournian, I like the offer that Nine has in place. They can sell 4 games a week to pay-tv providers (which i dont mind as I have Fox Footy). However, I don't like the idea of SBS being involved in the coverage of AFL.

Either way, coverage of the AFL is going to improve drastically. (and it's about time)

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
right, so why is it the number one spectator sport in Australia?????

and why are the AFL tv rights worth $780 mil, the biggest amount ever offered to televise sport in Oz?

Last edited:

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
7 and 10 matched Nines bid today, but the AFL havnt replied yet. I would prefer footy on Nine cos I was a bit annoyed with Seven's lawsuit on everyone for the collapse of C7, but if it means more games on FTA, I'd be happy with 7/10. Plus having Fox Footy helps to :)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
sweet cock said:
right, so why is it the number one spectator sport in Australia?????
Because inbreds outside NSW watch it.

sweet cock said:
and why are the AFL tv rights worth $780 mil, the biggest amount ever offered to televise sport in Oz?
Obviously because whoever wants to watch AFL is stupid, hence they will pay a lot of money and get ripped off.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Bookie said:
Ok, so does that include the thousands of fans in NSW??

Bookie said:
Obviously because whoever wants to watch AFL is stupid, hence they will pay a lot of money and get ripped off.
Ok so the the three networks (including the one that broadcasts Rugby League) are stupid?

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Bookie said:
Ok, so does that include the thousands of fans in NSW??

Bookie said:
so the the three networks (including the one that broadcasts Rugby League) are stupid?

shahizzle

HSC
Bookie said:
Who gives a shit about AFL?

If Seven and 10 also got NRL games their ratings would shoot so high.
Wow ... u really are an idiot. No point arguing with u, coz i dunt wanna argue with an idiot.

shahizzle

HSC
Bookie said:

Wow ... u really are an idiot. No point arguing with u, coz i dunt wanna argue with an idiot.

shahizzle

HSC
Bookie said:

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
I think in terms of seeing live games that's gonna be heaps good. Although i hate channel 7 and i hate their commentry team (don't bring bruce mcaveny back). Hopefully channel 9 doesn't abandon afl, cos i like their footy show, but i'll bet they spend the year talking about how shit the game is now.

Nine had a good thing going but us nsw viewers didn't get to see any games until late at night, and then the worst match they could find on a sunday arvo. At least now friday night saturday and sunday will all be live.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
No Channel 9 just lost it in the end because Seven/Ten had the last bid rights which they bought of the AFL in 2000 for $20mil

phizzy

HSC
brogan77 said:
About as harsh as an GAYFL lockerroom, have u seen the shenannigans they get up to? Bondage and anal penetration...EVERY...SINGLE...MATCH!
as if that's just restricted to afl
it's part of a long tradition in sports all over the world
saying it's restricted to afl is like saying that the pope is a nazi

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
lol nah the shorts are a thing of the past (thankfully)..but arent rugby boys asking for it bending over into scrums, nice and cosy ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)