• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sex Before Marriage (1 Viewer)

Sex Before Marrige?

• Will

Votes: 147 68.7%
  • Won't

Votes: 67 31.3%

• Total voters

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I didn't say perfect person. I said perfect for you, meaning you're so compatible with them it's insane. I was just pointing out a few problems with Pascal's wager, and there are others such as if God doesn't exist you waste time going to church, not eating meat during lent and various other things.

erin_tonkin

HSC
yes i guess if God doesnt exist my entire life is a waste and i will die and then rot.

but i believe in God and that he does exist and I have seen God working in so many ways so that i have no doubt in my mind of his existance and his enormous love for his creation

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
erin_tonkin said:
yes i guess if God doesnt exist my entire life is a waste and i will die and then rot.

but i believe in God and that he does exist and I have seen God working in so many ways so that i have no doubt in my mind of his existance and his enormous love for his creation
Please elaborate. What ways have you seen him working, and why could these not come about without Him?

erin_tonkin

HSC
i have been involved in ministry and heard amazng stories of miracles

a man who went to Africa but couldnt speak the language just walked into the church and started preaching the gospel in their language

a locked door to protect christian children in a terrorist in Pakkistan

A young girl killed in the collombine massacres diaries been found and providing inspiration to so manny

answered prayer to illness in my team members whilst bible teaching.

rain when it is prayed for

the list really is endless

Lundy

Banned
HSC
erin_tonkin said:
thats not what im saying.
for ur whole married life maybe weeks maybe years and years you will be living with this person knowing that you will be reaching different destinations. That is what would hurt. IN heaven you are there praising God for eternity. it is free of hurt, you will not feel it because you are in the prescence of God. Yes your boy may be "burning" but it will not be hell for you. It really wont! I cant really speak from experience though.
I am not deluded.
I hope to God that i never get into that kind of situation where my husband does not share my love of God.
You dont know anything. There's blind faith, and that's all. I have faith that one day fluffy pink elephants are going to kidnap me. Is it going to happen?

I wouldn't call you deluded, I'd just say you haven't really thought things through, or really ever questioned what you've been taught.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I don't believe in organised religion. People are TELLING you what to believe. I just cannot see the logic in that.

And if you cannot marry someone because they are of a different faith to you, surely thats a sin, or is 'god' the reason behind all the division and war in the world?

erin_tonkin

HSC
these things are for God. For spreading of his Gosppel and his love. i cant think of why they would have happend otherwiise

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
erin_tonkin said:
i have been involved in ministry and heard amazng stories of miracles

a man who went to Africa but couldnt speak the language just walked into the church and started preaching the gospel in their language

a locked door to protect christian children in a terrorist in Pakkistan

A young girl killed in the collombine massacres diaries been found and providing inspiration to so manny

answered prayer to illness in my team members whilst bible teaching.

rain when it is prayed for

the list really is endless
1. Please provide evidence of this.
2. A door was locked? OGM this is truly the work of God!
3. A girl wrote a diary. She then died, and they found it. How is that the work of God?
4. A lot of people tend to overcome illnesses on their own. Also on a tangent I'll give you an argument:
1. God is infallible
2. The reasons bad things happen despite prayer is because it is God's will
3. Hence bad things will happen if they are God's will, regardless of prayer because he is infallible, and good things will happen in a similar way.
C. Prayer is useless.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
erin_tonkin said:
these things are for God. For spreading of his Gosppel and his love. i cant think of why they would have happend otherwiise
The religious read into coincidences as absolute proof of god. If you looked at such things with an unbiased mind, you would be able to realise such things are rationally explainable.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Lets all hold hands and sing the Canadian Anthem :) :)

ok that was random..ignore my post, continue your discussion...

Pierotte

HSC
1/5kiwifruit said:
Lets all hold hands and sing the Canadian Anthem :) :)
ok that was random..ignore my post, continue your discussion...
No, that post made more sense than the vast majority of stuff Erin is saying.

Seriously. Erin, your evasive attitude scares me.

erin_tonkin

HSC
this door was always unlocked it saved so many innocent lives. Rachels diary if u bothered to find out about it contains so much about God it really has inspired so many. Yes illnesses are overcome but so often they happen really quickly like the case of my friend. the drs were baffled.
Yes God is infallible. the reason for bad things on this earth is because of sin and the devil.

How can you say prayer is useless. you are so ignorant of the power of it so you cannot even comment.
and on coincidence yes it may look like that and be explained scientiffically like the parting of the water for moses was supposedly just convinient tidal movement but the fact that it happened just when it was needed is the miracle.
God is ruler of the world. dont you think he would use the world for his miracles??

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You've done nothing to respond to my argument. And why then do good people die of illnesses?

erin_tonkin

HSC
MiuMiu said:
If god loves everyone, then why doesn't everyone love one another?
its because we are sinful. we cannot love everyone. human nature prevents it. thats why we need jesus

erin_tonkin

HSC
Gods miracles are plainer than day

as yet i cant understand what your argument is

God gave us a choice to do good or bad to follow him or not. otherwise we would be clones.

Christians have no need to fear death. I have no fear. when i die i will be with god that is nothing to fear.
is that what you mean by "good people"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)