• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sex Before Marriage (1 Viewer)

Sex Before Marrige?

• Will

Votes: 147 68.7%
  • Won't

Votes: 67 31.3%

• Total voters

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yaeah i guessed as such, its pretty easy to see those that are religous when one follows the same fath .about to go on holidays in like 2 hours so when i return i expect an answer to this question :confused:

when i was younger and handnt seen much of the world, i expected to marry the first girl i dated and i thought she would be the stereotypical christian girl, since then alot has changed, but i also rememeber another strongly religous girl saying that she would only ever date Christian guys...

I know you are currently dating a christian girl, but is religion a prerequisite for you? is it simply a desired attribute but not 100% needed, like u would prefer a christian girl but wouldnt say no to a non-christian of the same morals....
or third option, does religion have nothing to do with your selection process and its a coincidence[ although a forseeable one] that most girls that you yourself will date, and the one that you marry with be strong Christians, as that type is more likely to have they same ideals about marriage

any1 else who wants to discuss this issue can aswell

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
BradCube said:
Thanks for the opinion. I would still say to vote in which way you would go. Like for me I am in love with the most beautiful girl I have ever met, but we have still both agreed that we won't be sleeping together until after marriage. I know this seems strange, but again, just wanting to get an idea of stats and everyone else's opinion.
Out of interest, are u Christian?

EATAPIE

HSC
erin_tonkin said:
one q for brad. are you christian? and doees this impact on ur desicion?
a question 4 everyone really
sorry, im a bit slow. question already asked. and for the record, yes i am.

EATAPIE

HSC
Serius said:
yaeah i guessed as such, its pretty easy to see those that are religous when one follows the same fath .about to go on holidays in like 2 hours so when i return i expect an answer to this question :confused:
when i was younger and handnt seen much of the world, i expected to marry the first girl i dated and i thought she would be the stereotypical christian girl, since then alot has changed, but i also rememeber another strongly religous girl saying that she would only ever date Christian guys...
I know you are currently dating a christian girl, but is religion a prerequisite for you? is it simply a desired attribute but not 100% needed, like u would prefer a christian girl but wouldnt say no to a non-christian of the same morals....
or third option, does religion have nothing to do with your selection process and its a coincidence[ although a forseeable one] that most girls that you yourself will date, and the one that you marry with be strong Christians, as that type is more likely to have they same ideals about marriage
definitely will only ever marry a Christian.

BradCube

HSC
Serius said:
There is a passage in the bible that talks about not being yoaked with unbelievers. Meaning not to marry or date non-believers. Let me explain the logic of why this is true for me.

You mentioned that I may consider dating a non-christian with the same morals. This is an oxymoron however. Surley we could not share the same values and morals if we can not agree on the same faith? Fundemantally there must be something hugely different between the two of us. It is because of this that I feel it would be unwise for a believer and un-believer to date, marry ect. It is especially true for the christian in that it is far easier to disregard their morals and ideals when someone as close as a BF/GF disagree's with them. This could be something such as big as premartial sex or even something as simple as attenting church. It is far easier to be pulled down to their level rather than trying to pull them up to yours.

It is because of this reason that I will never date a non-christian. If God created love, then his ideals should not have to be comprimised for love to exist.

Last edited:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I guess religion has a part to play with it. I was raised in an atheist household so I think that plays a huge part on my views.

mils_e

HSC
krome24 said:
i reckon religion and culture plays a fuckin big part in a decision like sex b4 marriage... esp for chicks

but guys are just fuckin horny man, haha... i reckon at least 80% of all adolescent males wud do it.

imo, thers nothing wrong with it, unless ur irresponsible and dont use protection or watever... i mean... its a natural thing and ur gonna do it eventually

for those that wont do it... wat if u fuck ur husband/wife on ur wedding night and its like a really really bad experience and ull be stuck with it for the rest of ur lives.... wat a fuckin curse. and if u've fucked before, u might know the first time aint that great

...my 2 cents.
i see your point about that. but for me when i have sex with my wife for the first time it will be great, because if will be a consummation of love. not a great release of sexual tension but a celebration of our love of each other. it is because of the reason i will choose to have sex that will make the sex great. not having had sex my point of view is limited, but yeah. i will for love not because it is something to do on a sunday afternoon.

......my 3 cents, feel free to add ur 4 cents

erin_tonkin

HSC
i am a christian. and i would never marry someone who wasnt a christian. it is the biggest thing in my life and if someone i cared for that much didnt know Christ it would break me in two. Ive been out with non christian guys and u just think its so sad that when u die u will be in heaven and they just wont. It is way too much hurt.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
erin_tonkin said:
u just think its so sad that when u die u will be in heaven and they just wont. It is way too much hurt.
have you thought this concept through?

erin_tonkin

HSC
definatley/ if you have one religion and believe in it then you cant also believe in others being right. they contradict each other

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
erin_tonkin said:
i am a christian. and i would never marry someone who wasnt a christian. it is the biggest thing in my life and if someone i cared for that much didnt know Christ it would break me in two. Ive been out with non christian guys and u just think its so sad that when u die u will be in heaven and they just wont. It is way too much hurt.
Just as I think it's sad you're so deluded.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
erin_tonkin said:
definatley/ if you have one religion and believe in it then you cant also believe in others being right. they contradict each other
erin it wont be sad because heaven is not about you being happy, its about being in the light of God.

And if you disagree, how much of a heaven is it to watch your boy burn in hell? It'd be hell for you anyway.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Also note that if God does exist, the good deeds of your life are probably more important than actually believing in him.

erin_tonkin

HSC
thats not what im saying.
for ur whole married life maybe weeks maybe years and years you will be living with this person knowing that you will be reaching different destinations. That is what would hurt. IN heaven you are there praising God for eternity. it is free of hurt, you will not feel it because you are in the prescence of God. Yes your boy may be "burning" but it will not be hell for you. It really wont! I cant really speak from experience though.
I am not deluded.
I hope to God that i never get into that kind of situation where my husband does not share my love of God.

erin_tonkin

HSC
withoutaface said:
Also note that if God does exist, the good deeds of your life are probably more important than actually believing in him.
that is so wrong

if God does not exist then who is to say whether you are a good/bad person. some say if you think your life is good.how much you got out of it well then for a christian person if they die and then God happens to just not be real im sure they will still have had a furfilled life.

I have no idea where you could get the whole works based idea from with all the bad things in the world. Nobody is perfect. If heaven was offered to you do you think you would deserve it???

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I think I deserve it more than someone who believes and yet acts like an arsehole, yes. And you're referring to Pascal's wager, which has many flaws, among them:
- There are many religions, only one or less can be right
- If God doesn't exist in your case you may give up one or more people who are perfect for you without good reason
- You cannot MAKE yourself believe in something.

EDIT http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=96067

erin_tonkin

HSC
withoutaface said:
- There are many religions, only one or less can be right
- If God doesn't exist in your case you may give up one or more people who are perfect for you without good reason
- You cannot MAKE yourself believe in something.

EDIT http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=96067
I agree with the 1st and last statement. the second one. well there are no perfect people. There was one perfect person Jesus who already gave his life for everyone. NOt just christians but everyone even if they dont accept it it is still there

are these points supposed to be flaws??? i dont understand your point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)