SHIT half yearlies (1 Viewer)

3Gis2G

HSC
I've been averaging 60s all year, which is horrible. especially for my subjects.:eek:

About 50% of my HSC assessment is over, which means that 25% of my ATAR has been determined, right?

My ATAR goal is 89 for B Business @ UTS.

To achieve that goal, do i need to get 90s from now on? Or higher, or lower?

Help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

with-chu

HSC
The assessments from now are worth more in terms of weighting so technically, we haven't done 50% yet. Have courage and resilience and work even harder :)

NinjaB

HSC
I've been averaging 60s all year, which is horrible. especially for my subjects.:eek:

About 50% of my HSC assessment is over, which means that 25% of my ATAR has been determined, right?

My ATAR goal is 89 for B Business @ UTS.

To achieve that goal, do i need to get 90s from now on? Or higher, or lower?

Help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
OMG! I am thinking the exact same right now. My ATAR aim is 85 and I screwed up my half yearlies like a lot. I'm freaking out :spzz:

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
Well, you can't change the past, so you can only do your best at what's left and see how you go.

Hopefully your half-yearly marks were enough to scare you into doing some solid study from here on. :p (I think it's gradually making its way with me ;) )

If your entire cohort generally did pretty poorly, then you might get scaled too. Never fear, scaling is here!

Chillax.

muzikk93

HSC
hey, i failed 2 exams and passed 2 and am still aiming for an atar above 80...

my assignments went alright..

btw here are my marks for the half yearlys.. dont have ranks or anything as such:

general maths- 85%

Standard English- 40%

Biology- 46%

Business Studies- 64%

Geography- failed.

any advice ??

Rand0mm

HSC
haha youv got no idea. im in the exactly the same position!
i gave up all hope which was a crappy idea coz then i screwed up in my economics assignment- it was worth 20%! :| that made me demotivated even more
haha today i was in the verge of tears- i thought that was it. esp. getting the hsc dates made it seem so real.
i went upto my head teacher and i said to her, is it late to start now? is it?? she goes no and then i said but miss you'd tell me if it was, wont you? she goes yeah i would and its never too late. so i took her word for it and from today on HOPEFULLY i will do good in every assesment- i want to get 80+ ATAR but the way im going- i see no hope of that AT all :(

i wish you all the best everyone else
just remember believe in yourself and aim for the moon, even if you dont reach it you'll still be amongst the stars :)
haha
good luckk

muzikk93

HSC
haha asking anyone really. i had shit hsc internal results so far so i wanna see if others do too

lol, well so far they havent given us any ranks or anything as such as i stated in my previous comment. :)

but yes the marks have been pretty shit and thats what scares me the most! specially the HSC timetable! i dont have much gaps... its not actually about revising and everything because obviously its expected that students start preparing from now on and are completely prepared by the time HSC commences.. i think for me its more of the stress level...

would u like to discuss your results??

btw, why have you stated the year 2012 for your HSC?? :S

muzikk93

HSC
i really thinkn you should consider dropping out
why?? just because we didn't perform well in the half yearlies?? i dont think its the end of the world friend... otherwise they wouldn't have set any further assignments judging from the previous years where sooo many students stuffed up one or 2 assignments... :)

muzikk93

HSC
Oh i just punched some numbers in.. I graduate in 2010 actually :)

I'm middle ranked for everything.. and half yearlies are all done sigh 50-70% for myy subs :\ What did you get?

I hope its possible to get over 80 ATAR!

it should be... what i think is that we all should try our best and not worry about the weightings and marks.. i'm saying this because in my case, i actually get freaked out looking at the weight of each assignment (i.e. how much % of it contributes to the final HSC mark) and that, sometimes really puts me down due to nervousness in the exams and is possibly the reason for my poor performance in the half yrlies... so i've been advised to ignore the weightings and focus on getting the best possible mark in whatever assignment or exam. :)

muzikk93

HSC
^
I agree that could be the best option. I had a friend who got middle ranked for everything, top 200 school and got 79 ATAR. That sort of calmed me haha despite the fact she also did chem and ext math...

there's no point of being freaked out... it wont help.. if it would've helped then i wouldnt have failed 2 half yrly exams :haha:

and plus you never know you might get a good atar mark in the end as you wuld have your assignments as a back up... but i do suggest one thing even though u may already know: try and get the highest mark possible in your assignments because they are a great back up source incase you stuff up any exam with a high weighting...

good luck! :)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
i really thinkn you should consider dropping out
this was really unnecessary.

Honestly dont worry about what ATAR you get or what ATAR other people get. As long as you get the ATAR you want to get into your desired course and you had no regrets for your results then that is all that matters. In like 5 years time no one will even remember what ATAR you got or even care about it.

twistedrebel

HSC
no one gives a shit about ATAR, after they get into uni. No one really asks for your ATAR when applying for a job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)