Short Term vs Long Term memory? (1 Viewer)

Scinery

HSC
Throughout highschool and even through trials, i've been up late cramming info, quotes, techniques, essays, statistics the night before all my exams, often taking all nighters the night before my exam.

I absolutely refuse to engage in allnighters during the HSC, even though i promised the same thing before trials

It's just that i have a very very very good grasp of my short term memory - i can memorize a 1200 word essay in 1.5 hours through my linking system, but these all disappear from my brain the day after my exam. I actually use the same 1-sun 2-shoe 3 tree links for ALL my exams, so the links i make have to be constantly changed for all of my subjects.

My question is, how reliable is my long term memory? If i simply read over and understand my notes and essays every day will i actually be able to recall them during the HSC? Or do i have to scrupulously revise ALL my notes CONSTANTLY making sure i remember EVERYTHING? OR does anyone use different linking systems (like the journey method) that they actually remember for a long time.

If anyone actually understands my problem your help is appreciated thanks!!!!

Finx

HSC
Whatever works.

Consecutive all-nighters will screw with your system though.

Obvious statement is obvious.

hollaholla

HSC
Interesting thread.
There is no way you can remember everything ...even though some have better memorization skills ....the flawed hsc system presents us certain subjects such as english where you simply can not remember everything. What im gonna do..is ...as usual...before every exam....go through everything again...even though im doing the same crap in the holidays .

im afraid i cant tell how good your memory is ...so you'll have to test yourself..see how much you remember and if its good news..rely on it.

Some things you read just STICK whereas others just disappear in like 2 days LOL

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Throughout highschool and even through trials, i've been up late cramming info, quotes, techniques, essays, statistics the night before all my exams, often taking all nighters the night before my exam.

I absolutely refuse to engage in allnighters during the HSC, even though i promised the same thing before trials

It's just that i have a very very very good grasp of my short term memory - i can memorize a 1200 word essay in 1.5 hours through my linking system, but these all disappear from my brain the day after my exam. I actually use the same 1-sun 2-shoe 3 tree links for ALL my exams, so the links i make have to be constantly changed for all of my subjects.

My question is, how reliable is my long term memory? If i simply read over and understand my notes and essays every day will i actually be able to recall them during the HSC? Or do i have to scrupulously revise ALL my notes CONSTANTLY making sure i remember EVERYTHING? OR does anyone use different linking systems (like the journey method) that they actually remember for a long time.

If anyone actually understands my problem your help is appreciated thanks!!!!
ahahahaha that is as pathetic as your earlier post:

religion has formed the basis of modern civilization.
by memorising essays like many fools in English, you aren't learning anything.
You don't understand your texts you studied throughout English and how they relate to your area of study or module.
What do you even do in those 40 weeks of HSC English?
i didnt come at the top 3% of the state by memorising essays, they were entirely fresh on-the-spot composed responses.

memorising can be used for key terms for concepts in different subjects but certainly not for problem solving or writing an essay in exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)