should all physical notation of religion be removed from the public eye?? (1 Viewer)

yes/no

• YES: ban all turbans, scarfs/burkha, wearing crosses, sikh bangals relating to religion in public

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • NO: freedom of religion. people should be able to wear what ever they want.

Votes: 50 72.5%

• Total voters

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Australia isnt really multi cultural. its just hyped up by the left. fuck, this country is 92% white. ... that's so multicultural. i would be worried if that number went below 85%
"White" isn't just a culture.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
"White" isn't just a culture.
It's a way of life.

On topic: No, but they should have their tax exempt status for non-charitable activities and right to circumvent the do not call register revoked.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Oh yay, a thread started by the ever so intelligent Bigboyjames...How's your fight against democracy going?

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
wat r u on about? Australia is one of the most multi-cultural countries of the world.

The demographic make-up of the population may be multi-cultural. But this does not automatically ensure that our streets are cultured. Maybe when you have visited Europe or some other suitably historic land you will get it.

HSC
I got it from the 2006 Australian Census data bank. Cant find the link anymore but wiki also has the same info.
Demographics of Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ah yes mate, but that is ancestry rather than culture. when referring to multiculturalism we're mainly talking about immigrants or second generation australians. on that census form even someone who's family have been here for 6 generations could answer english or scottish so it's not an accurate judgement. i was born and raised here but i still answer french on the census because that's my ancestry. just as i'm assuming you would answer greek rather than australian, even if you were born and raised here.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
ah yes mate, but that is ancestry rather than culture. when referring to multiculturalism we're mainly talking about immigrants or second generation australians. on that census form even someone who's family have been here for 6 generations could answer english or scottish so it's not an accurate judgement. i was born and raised here but i still answer french on the census because that's my ancestry. just as i'm assuming you would answer greek rather than australian, even if you were born and raised here.
i thought you were dutch ;)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Remove them from schools and all government employees, yes. On the street is a bit excessive though, even for a fascist such as myself.
I would also like to see a greater effort made by the members of parliment to seperate religion from their work and from the government in general. Such as by them not appearing publicly in any religious or religion-related building, or at any fundraiser hosted by a religious foundation. Also by not mentioning religion (which is not to be confused with theism) in their speeches and debates except when discussing it objectively, and most importantly not being sworn into office on the bible.
Kthxbye

greekgun

HSC
Thats a fair point.

coopert

HSC
In my little imaginary Utopia, religion would not exist at all and this would no longer be a topic of discussion.

However, untill my master plan of world domination comes into fruition (I will bide my time..), I will have to reluctantly accept that other people have the right to wear whatever they want, as long as it does not offend others.

Case in point, I think that Muslim women should be allowed to wear the headscarf, but those massive jellyfish tents covering the entire body with the tiny slit for the eyes should be banned. I think they offend others because (you can call me racist or whatever) they make me feel uncomfortable and I think you would be luying if you said that they didn't make you feel uncomfortable either.

It also goes against our society and our ideals. The plain headscarf is fine, because that does represent modesty which I can accept as a valid belief; but that massive all-over covering thing, to me, represents oppression and almost 'ownership' of the wife by the husband. It brings the woman to a second class citizen, where her identity is completely stripped away from her. Creepy

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
In my little imaginary Utopia, religion would not exist at all and this would no longer be a topic of discussion.

However, untill my master plan of world domination comes into fruition (I will bide my time..), I will have to reluctantly accept that other people have the right to wear whatever they want, as long as it does not offend others.

Case in point, I think that Muslim women should be allowed to wear the headscarf, but those massive jellyfish tents covering the entire body with the tiny slit for the eyes should be banned. I think they offend others because (you can call me racist or whatever) they make me feel uncomfortable and I think you would be luying if you said that they didn't make you feel uncomfortable either.

It also goes against our society and our ideals. The plain headscarf is fine, because that does represent modesty which I can accept as a valid belief; but that massive all-over covering thing, to me, represents oppression and almost 'ownership' of the wife by the husband. It brings the woman to a second class citizen, where her identity is completely stripped away from her. Creepy
haha. i'd vote for you for world domination.

yeah, the slits for eyes is way too excessive. i'm sorry but it would be so easy for identity fraud, and it is creepy.

and what about drivers' licences etc? oh wait, women shouldn't drive, so that's not a problem.

U.S.A

Banned
HSC
WHen i created this thread back in the day I was pro removing all religious symbols, but not anymore. why the fuck should some bureaucrat or politicians in Canberra have the right to tell me what I can and cannot wear in public. Fuck him.

<3 freedom, wear anything yo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)