Should I buy a PS3 or an Xbox? (1 Viewer)

go

• ps3

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • xbox

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
i bought an xbox

Okay, I've been savin up and since I finish the HSC tomorrow, I'm going to buy a PS3/Xbox.

I have $600 to spend on it + games.

I dunno. Xbox has Halo, PS3 has free online.

Pros/cons of each one?
Your personal preference?

Also, what is a good hard-drive size? Like, what is a reasonable amount?

Last edited:

uirate

HSC
having free online is the best thing eva. get a ps3 imo.. xbox dying out

FrannyMika

HSC
Personally, I find that there is more use in a PS3 - you can watch Bluray, connect it up to watch tv and of course, play games. Keep in mind though, if you're into games like Halo, they're Xbox exclusives. The graphics are genrally the same across both platforms - have fun!

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Well, a lot of the fun FPS-type games are on both, so that doesn't really matter.

I do have a soft spot for fantasy/adventure RPG.
They tend to be more Xbox though, right?

RiiDONK

HSC
defs get an xbox... i have both consoles and i prefer the xbox. these are my main reasonings:
- ps3 is better for media (if you're into watching movies and stuff then ps3 is the obvious option - that's not to say that xbox doesnt have any media playing functions, but ps3 is generally better in this area)
- xbox has the kinect (probs better than the playstation move imo)
- ps3 has sooooo many freakin updates.. it annoys the hell out of me (i find that like every week or two there will be a new system update or update for a game..!! xbox has them every now and then, but they're much faster to download)
- i generally find the xbox faster with gameplay like in the loading menus and all that (i donno if this is something that i have noticed only- people may disagree)
- i know that ps3 is "FREE" to play online - and this is the main argument that most xbox haters use... but you can get an 12 month xbox live gold membership off ebay for $50. (do the math and that's about $4/month. - that's chump change. dont be stingy now)
- (off the top of my head)the main xbox exclusives include halo and gears of war.. and ps3 exclusives are metal gear solid, resistance and all that shit. they're still pretty good games and i have nothing against them but in all honesty i like halo and gow more
- another argument used by the ps3'ers; is the graphics... "awww well ps3 has bluray bla bla bla" - they graphics are slightly better i'll give them that, but there isnt really much of a difference. if you use hdmi cables and a hdtv it all looks the same.
- also i believe the new xbox doesnt get the RROD anymore - so dont get too worried over that

im not trying to stir up another argument... these are simply just the things ive noticed over the two consoles. hope this helps!

Last edited:

Jaymay

HSC
^BBOOOMMM

Wrapped up right therrreee. I feel as though Xbox is a remote you need to get used to, its hard going from PS controllers to Xbox. But once you do and get it, i believe its just that much better.
Other than that... Play them both...

For online... Xbox is much better quality wise, cause your paying for it. I think online the server quit like 2 times in its whole lifetime, but at a mates, the PS3 servers quit at least 5 times in one day. and that's apparently 'usual' for PS3? lol doesn't matter. Your choice, but ever you like better, and what majority of your mates have so you can play against them :) GG

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Don't care about Bluray - too cheap to buy them.

My friends are split 50/50 owning PS3/Xbox so it doesn't really matter about being able against them.

Is it still possible to buy an Xbox without Kinect? I don't want to pay extra for that shit.

HSC
N/A
In my house.
I have the DSs, PS2&3, Wii and I have no clue where my gameboy is.
PS3 is good.

uirate

HSC
xbox controller ways 5kg. get an xbox if you don't have any dumbells

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Kinect and move are both stupid, so disregard them

Personally:
Xbox controller > PS3 controller
PS3 has free online
Xbox has a more full featured online system
PS3 has blu ray, even if you arent buying blu ray movies its convenient not to have multiple discs for each new game that comes out these days as with the xbox
Gamewise i think xbox used to be better but PS3 is getting better titles now IMO

I have a 360, but it is beginning to feel a bit outdated to me honestly.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
ok let me break it down

multi-plats tend to be better on 360 than ps3
ps3 has more exclusives
ps3 has free online, but if you're willing to pay what is admittedly not that much, live for 360 has better services
in terms of motion controls kinect is far and away superior to move
ps3 has blu-ray
Dualshock 3 and xbox controller are both very nice

i think a new console will be announced by both microsoft and sony in the next year or so, so weigh up whether or not its worth an investment in a ps3 and/or 360 at this point.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Hmm, okay, thanks for the input.

I don't really mind if it's outdated or whatever.
The newest console I own is a 64 currently.

+ even if a new console is released, I haven't played any of the games properly and it's not like all of the discs are going to disappear.

I'm happy to forever remain a couple of generations behind.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
the wii also has a decent amount of titles although after skyward sword it will virtually be dead.

nephh22

HSC
Definitely PS3 - has FREE online gameplay
- has better EXCLUSIVE games, such as MGS4 and UNCHARTED 1,2,3
- The actual system and accessories are much better, imo
- its just easier to use in general!

So, really suggest you get a PS3, and not waste ur money on an XBOX 360! ^_^

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
I borrowed my friends Wii to play Twilight Princess and will do so again to play Skyward Sword.

I'm not super excited about the Wii though.

Definitely PS3 - has FREE online gameplay
- has better EXCLUSIVE games, such as MGS4 and UNCHARTED 1,2,3
- The actual system and accessories are much better, imo
- its just easier to use in general!

So, really suggest you get a PS3, and not waste ur money on an XBOX 360! ^_^
I don't really mind about usability because I'd have to learn from scratch either way.

While I like MGS, I'm not that keen on Unchartered. Both consoles have exclusives. Hmm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)