Should I buy a PS3 or an Xbox? (1 Viewer)

go

• ps3

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • xbox

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I borrowed my friends Wii to play Twilight Princess and will do so again to play Skyward Sword.

I'm not super excited about the Wii though.
The wii is the best for offline multiplayer (brawl, kart, goldeneye 007 etc.), a superb line-up of exclusives and a unique and awesome control system when applied properly

but it lacks good online, third party line-up is by far the weakest, its power is sub-par and a shitload of shovelware

If you're the type who is into online gaming and can afford to pay, I'd get a 360. If pricing is an issue get a ps3
If you're the type who doesn't play that often but loves to play fun games when friends come over get a wii

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
The wii is the best for offline multiplayer (brawl, kart, goldeneye 007 etc.), a superb line-up of exclusives and a unique and awesome control system when applied properly

but it lacks good online, third party line-up is by far the weakest, its power is sub-par and a shitload of shovelware

If you're the type who is into online gaming and can afford to pay, I'd get a 360. If pricing is an issue get a ps3
If you're the type who doesn't play that often but loves to play fun games when friends come over get a wii
I've got my N64 which also has Smash Brothers, Mario Karts, Mario Party, 007 :p

I'm leaning towards Xbox because it has a few exclusives that I particularly want, but I've been told by a lot of people that PS3 is better. Hm.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I've got my N64 which also has Smash Brothers, Mario Karts, Mario Party, 007 :p

I'm leaning towards Xbox because it has a few exclusives that I particularly want, but I've been told by a lot of people that PS3 is better. Hm.
Sure 360 has Gears, Halo and Forza which are amazing. It also usually has the best version of multi-plats (apart from PC). But ps3 has more exclusives and uncharted 2 and 3 (haven't played 3, just going on hearsay) are very very good. Also I think the 360 has more future potential if they finally release a good game for Kinect. The Move was a commercial and critical failure and in terms of a future i think the 360 has a more momentum than the -s3 because of that.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Xbox also has Banjo Kazooie and I played a bit of my brothers Infinite Undiscovery game and that was really good.

But then again, MGS. Hmm.

Damn it.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Xbox also has Banjo Kazooie and I played a bit of my brothers Infinite Undiscovery game and that was really good.

But then again, MGS. Hmm.

Damn it.
banjo kazooie nuts and bolts wasn't that great. Rare screwed up when they moved from nintendo to microsoft. Infinite Undiscovery, I haven't played, but HYPER magazine's review said it was buggy as hell and it gets to you after a while. Only good JRPG this gen on console was Xenoblade Chronicles, but then again that is on the wii which isn't good for online gaming at all so it wouldn't be a worthy purchase if you're looking for all-round gaming experience.

MGS4 is really good but lacks the longevity of a title such as Halo Reach etc. Its better while it lasts but it doesn't last as long.

I was weighing up whether of not to get a 360 these holidays (i just borrow my friend's from time to time atm) but decided against it because wii u is coming next year and i don't need to buy an intermediate console between now and then.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Alright, thanks for the input.

God. Why is this so hard to pick one? :(

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Alright, thanks for the input.

God. Why is this so hard to pick one? :(
because despite what fanboys may say, this has been an excellent generation for gaming regardless fo what console you own.

If I was in your situation i'd hang in there and get the wii u / sony or microsoft equivalent when it comes out instead of buying a new console only to use it for like 1-2 years till the next gen comes through

Felty

HSC
Definetley an xbox!
they are seriously reliable and the new one looks awesome
ive noticed games are also better priced!

i recently bought 5 xbox games for $50, all good ones- always awesome deals
ps3 online is good, but xbox has way more pros

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
PS3 has Ratchet and Clank... =P

Also, I find the interface and controls a bit more natural.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
PS3 has Ratchet and Clank... =P

Also, I find the interface and controls a bit more natural.
ratchet and clank has been mediocre since up your arsenal on the ps2 imo

also whilst you have custom soundtracks on 360, i prefer the game's own soundtrack most of the time unless its a racing game, then i like the custom soundtracks (my m8 insists on playing "gonna fly" whenever he plays a racing game and is about to mount a comeback lol)

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
because despite what fanboys may say, this has been an excellent generation for gaming regardless fo what console you own.

If I was in your situation i'd hang in there and get the wii u / sony or microsoft equivalent when it comes out instead of buying a new console only to use it for like 1-2 years till the next gen comes through
Nah, I'm definitely getting one. As I said, I don't really have any other gaming console and my computer is becoming fast outdated.
+ when the new console comes out, the games and things should just get cheaper. I'm not one to upgrade at every change. I just upgrade when I need to/out of games.

you're funny. I like you. :shy:

Definetley an xbox!
they are seriously reliable and the new one looks awesome
ive noticed games are also better priced!

i recently bought 5 xbox games for $50, all good ones- always awesome deals
ps3 online is good, but xbox has way more pros
What games did you get?

Xbox has custom soundtracks in every game :D
Yes! I loved this on my brothers Xbox.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
In short if you're mainly going to buy multi-plats and afford to pay for a better online experience and a console that has more legs due to the potential of kinect get a 360 definitely

If you want more exclusives and Blu-Ray capabilities for movies and/or can't afford to pay for a superior online experience get a ps3

Whilst the ps3 is technically more powerful than the 360 but the 360 has better anti-aliasing, quite honestly you won't notice any major graphical differences between games.

suling

HSC
xbox.

Fiance has both, likes both, but prefers xbox over ps3 overall. :)

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Okay, well, I'm never going to decide/get a straight answer, so I'll just go to the shops and see which one I can get a better deal on :)

Thanks for the input.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, but PS3 4 lyf.

No need to pay to play online plus I find the controllers on the Xbox a little awkward to hold.

Otherwise they're pretty much the same thing imo.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Okay, well, I'm never going to decide/get a straight answer, so I'll just go to the shops and see which one I can get a better deal on :)

Thanks for the input.
Until the moment you realise both deals are virtually of the same value. Oh noes : o and then you're staring at the sign all day, trying to decide which one to buy, only to chose one, bring it home, set it up, and wish you bought the other because you find problems with your current system (which will happen for both systems). Buy a PC, then if you have problems at least you know it can be fixed with simple tweaks or new hardware upgrades. And you won't get angry at yourself for choosing a console, that's most likely to be outdated in 1-3 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)