Should I prepare much for Prelim? (1 Viewer)

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
The subjects I'm doing are in my signature.
I was contemplating making a start in Advanced + Extension English such as reading the novels in the course, also getting familiar with the workload etc.
For physics I was thinking about making a head start, with assistance from my dad in the process.
I am wondering if it's also worth checking out Modern History and Engineering Studies Prelim content...

So, do you think it is wise to make a tiny head start on Prelim?

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
year 11 2012 means your in year 10 right now...man, your meant to enjoy your holidays!! break from SC. reading your english novels is a good idea but seriously, don't start taking notes or study until you start your classes. when you start your classes, then it might be a good idea to get into the habit of making notes and if you have nothing else to do, start putting your notes together somewhere but it is seriously way to early to start now.

jnney

lemon
HSC
If you want to get a head start - sure, why not? If you can establish good study patterns, you may be stressing a lot less when it comes to year 12.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
The subjects I'm doing are in my signature.
I was contemplating making a start in Advanced + Extension English such as reading the novels in the course, also getting familiar with the workload etc.
For physics I was thinking about making a head start, with assistance from my dad in the process.
I am wondering if it's also worth checking out Modern History and Engineering Studies Prelim content...

So, do you think it is wise to make a tiny head start on Prelim?
Yes. Some topics are core requisite knowledge for HSC so its best to understand your Prelim subjects at a satisfactory level. As for doing much for it - you don't need to put a 200%... 150% is enough to pull you through.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I would advise you to enjoy your last holidays without looming assessments.

Like seriously, there are your UTTER LAST holidays to be free from that. No true break until November 2013 for you!

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Enjoy your holidays!

Don't work, have some fun, so you're refreshed for the next two years.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I would advise you to enjoy your last holidays without looming assessments.

Like seriously, there are your UTTER LAST holidays to be free from that. No true break until November 2013 for you!
Or you can enjoy your freedom while you can. But no harm in prereadings over what to expect in the duration of the course via the syllabus.

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
Taking account the fact that it is the last enjoyable holidays for me until November 2013, I'll maintain a balance. :)

Last edited:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Taking account the fact that it is the last enjoyable holidays for me until November 2013, I'll maintain a balance. :)
Thats the spirit... (talking about spirits I should go to the bar more often). All the best.

Peeik

HSC
As a pre-service teacher's point of view, you might want to brush up on the easy math topics. Since you're doing extension 1, they tend to blitz the 2u course fairly quickly. Just get any 2u tbook and do the topics towards the early part of the tbook; otherwise you'll have alot to do early next year.

From a normal person's point of view, you should really enjoy your last 'actual' summer holidays. Refresh yourself so you can tackle year 11+12.

SunnyScience

HSC
From the looks of your subjects, i would like to warn you first to be ready for the possibility of dropping a subject. When i started yr11 at the start of the year, i went in with 14 units (3U maths, 3U English, Chem, Bio, Ancient and Music) feeling confident. However, as the term progressed, it simply became too much just to even cope with homework let alone assessments - so, yeah, just a heads up.

And onto your study proposal - i personally wouldn't worry. You have a whole year to learn the prelim - that's what it's there for - as practice for the HSC. relax. have fun. live - for now......(muahahah...)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No, and why would you? Enjoy your holidays. Seriously.

You'll get enough time to study all you need later on.

dest

HSC
No you shouldnt prepare for prelim!!!!!
What is this shit????

SanjoyM

HSC
You should just read your texts, especially for Extension English. Also, look over some basic physics principles and theories, and buy a modern history study guide (Macquarie study guide), and just guage the content of the preliminary HSC course. Whilst you should enjoy your holiday, this will give you a head start and will bbe beneficial for you in the long-term run:) All the best!

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
You should just read your texts, especially for Extension English. Also, look over some basic physics principles and theories, and buy a modern history study guide (Macquarie study guide), and just guage the content of the preliminary HSC course. Whilst you should enjoy your holiday, this will give you a head start and will bbe beneficial for you in the long-term run:) All the best!
Excellent advice! Thank you!
But I have one question to ask from your username...
Are you Sanjoy Mukherjee of Year 12 2012 who goes to Parramatta High School? Because I know that you know me.

SanjoyM

HSC
Yes, I am Sanjoy Mukherjee (Yr 12) from PHS. Umm, how do you know me? lol

addoil

HSC
Really I think you can still chill for about another half a year or even until yr11 finishes tbh... (personal opinion). I guess it'd be good to pick up motivation and studying habits but seriously unless you go tutoring, there's really nothing you can study during your summer holidays after yr10.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)