Should Muslim Holidays be recognised in Australia? (1 Viewer)

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
oh i thought you were talking about ice tea. which i have previously had, but not right now.
what are you talking about? harry potter, bible?

read both, major fan of haz poz, but not of harry potter the character, he's a wank.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Well for one, their thinking of not allowing us to openly celebrate christmas anymore because it's deemed offensive to muslims. And now this, considering to allow Islamic public holidays?
All this media attention on the issue isnt going to help either.
The easy allowing of Islamic immigrants into the country, gee soon enough, there is gunna be more of them than there is of any other race, thus, an Islamic nation is born.
There was some media attention on that issue.
Listen, Omie Jay, I have only one thing against your people, and that is not directed at you or fellow muslims like you, it is against stupid fanatics who want to kill my family in Egypt, who are killing my people in Egypt. All im saying is, there are not many Islamic countries that are as advanced as non Islamic countries, i don't think that trying to bring in Islamic recognition into Australia is a good idea, besides kevin rudd, things are working in this country.

In Egypt and Sudan, we as christians cant openly celebrate our religion, the birth of christ, nor his death. In countries like Saudi women have to wear the Hijab, and if caught with a bible, their hands will be chopped off. All im saying is, if you live in a country, love it or leave it.
Nah don't apologise. Fact is, we, the australian people will never accept another cultures holiday as our own.... unless it involves getting awesomely smashed- ST PATRICKS DAY WOOOOOOOO

But in all seriousness, if you would like your muslim holidays, too bad.
Please promise that you won't have children. Do the world a favor and get your tubes tied, get vasectomies etc.

Watch this video, maybe you'll learn something:
[youtube]7SWWiAjPFBM[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SWWiAjPFBM

Last edited:
HSC
i dont want no muslim holiday . and whats the difference to them anyway most of those lebos are on the doll selling drugs so every day is basicly a holiday .

Napstar

Banned
HSC
No no and no

And I think it's despicable that the Government is making Christian public holidays compulsory for employers unless they can prove demand from their community.

Fuck off. If I own a shop and I want to trade on Christmas Day, your God can suck my dick, I'll trade on god damned Christmas Day, ok?

And screw the Muslims. There is nothing stopping them from taking a work holiday, or from cessation of trade on their own recognised holidays, doesn't mean the rest of us have to indulge in further bullshit.

admiral_ackbar

HSC
MAybe when the towel heads stop trying to blow us up THEN we can celebrate that moment!!!!!

Napstar

Banned
HSC
Hahaha to the little whiney bitch who neg repped me.

Go fuck yourself, my point is entirely valid. We are a secular nation, not a Christian nation. Just because a majority of the population might identify with being Christian, does not mean that a secular nation should force citizens to cease work and trading on a Christian holiday just because it offends their delicate sensitivities.

Same with Muslims. They're clearly in the minority, just like any other religion that isn't Christianity. If you have a special Muslim holiday you want to participate in, arrange it with your employer, or if you're self employed just cease operations for a day. It's bullshit to expect your religious holidays be made a public holiday, just as it's bullshit for the Government to make a Christian holiday a public holiday and force their crap on every one else.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Free country, i'll have as many children as i like :)
Yeah, it'll be free because Australian tax payers will be paying for you and your ten bogan children to stay off the streets. Sheila, Stan, Toby, Shazza, Rob, Paul, Shazza 2, Mitch, Jason and Tyson.

tallicachild

HSC
As ridiculous as this may seem to some, I believe there should be no public holidays. If one wishes to take a day off work it should be organized by the individual and their employer. It is no business of the establishment to decide which day one can choose to work and which days one cant. Such an interference in the market and in the affairs of our lives should be seen negatively and unfavorably.

Un-Australian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)